BELGIUM TUATAGALOA
Discussion started by Exile_Dave , 23 December, 2019 14:16
BELGIUM TUATAGALOA
Exile_Dave 23 December, 2019 14:16
Signs as a winger.

[www.london-irish.com]

Re: BELGIUM TUATAGALOA
tatthecraic2 23 December, 2019 15:27
30 yr old, last played division 3 French rugby... I hope hes a diamond... I fear hes just filler for the cracks

dooj106 23 December, 2019 15:42
Probably cover until Ben gets back. At the moment we realistically only have Naholo (assuming he back shortly from NZ) and Ollie. Think Fowlie looked alright on wing last time he played there but even he came off injured yesterday

Lazyboy346 23 December, 2019 19:22
Both Belgium and Stokes are listed as signed to the end of the season so that suggests we've lost at least two players for the duration.

Belgium had a good career with NZ Sevens (handpicked by Tietjens) before breaking his leg, and has since meandered through with Samoa (7s and 15s) before being made unemployed due to the World Cup (thus available at short notice).

With the caveats that he's a 30 year old who has played mainly at tier 4 and hasn't had a game since his one appearing in Japan, this could be a useful signing as he can cover 11-15 (although stated as signed as a winger) and has a similar build to Rona. I just hope he gets a few weeks to settle in the A league before being thrown in.

Exile_Dave 23 December, 2019 19:56
Quote:
dooj106
Probably cover until Ben gets back. At the moment we realistically only have Naholo (assuming he back shortly from NZ) and Ollie. Think Fowlie looked alright on wing last time he played there but even he came off injured yesterday

Naholo possibly returning January as still on maternity leave.

SimonG19 24 December, 2019 14:37
Leaving aside his ability as a player I'm just tickled that a player called Belgium with joint Samoan and New Zealand nationality has joined Irish!

RodB 24 December, 2019 16:14
Signed a new player... we signed a while country ☺

shimmieandshake 25 December, 2019 10:10
If he's as good as his name we're in for a treat.

bigbitty 25 December, 2019 12:53
Now don't any of you go calling him Tintin!

He seems to have quite a good hand off.

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/12/2019 12:58 by bigbitty.

irishboy_1995 25 December, 2019 17:53
Quote:
bigbitty
Now don't any of you go calling him Tintin!
He seems to have quite a good hand off.

[www.youtube.com]

I'm not sure the height and weight of the guy but he's got a very similar style to Naiyaravoro

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net