Latest news:

Next week?
Discussion started by irishboy_1995 , 28 December, 2019 22:39
Next week?
irishboy_1995 28 December, 2019 22:39
Does anyone know if anyone will be back next week who didnt feature today?

Re: Next week?
Smudge21 28 December, 2019 22:44
Fingers crossed naholo is back!

RodB 29 December, 2019 10:01
Depending on how they weather tonight's A game, I'd like to see Porecki and Jacob Atkins get a run out.

Smudge21 29 December, 2019 10:35
I actually thought our backline flowed a lot better in the championship when atkins played 10. Myler has generally been good this season but he has his obvious limitations.

Florida 29 December, 2019 10:35
Quote:
Smudge21
Fingers crossed naholo is back!

I actually thought OHC and Belgium both did reasonable jobs yesterday. Belgium especially so given its his first week with us.

Motz will get some enforced time off and I'd give Dell a week off for being an idiot.

Florida 29 December, 2019 10:43
Quote:
RodB
Depending on how they weather tonight's A game, I'd like to see Porecki and Jacob Atkins get a run out.

Poercki yes, but not Atkins this week.

I'd love to see Atkins get a shot (just look at how well Umaga is getting on with Wasps), but not next week against Exeter when he'll be playing behind a pack getting out muscled. Let's ease him into it a little.

cjm. 29 December, 2019 11:59
One or two players changes is just a couple of deckchairs being moved.

irishboy_1995 29 December, 2019 13:01
Quote:
cjm.
That squad yesterday was missing Naholo, Jackson, Loader, Parton, Heeptema, Tom Fowlie, Matty Williams, Kepu, Botha, TJ Ioane and Sean O'brien imagine even getting half of them back it would make such a big impact 👍 the coaches have 1 hand tied behind their back we just have to ride this storm out at the minute and hope these guys appear sooner rather than later.

Florida 29 December, 2019 13:04
Quote:
irishboy_1995
Quote:
cjm.
That squad yesterday was missing Naholo, Jackson, Loader, Parton, Heeptema, Tom Fowlie, Matty Williams, Kepu, Botha, TJ Ioane and Sean O'brien imagine even getting half of them back it would make such a big impact 👍 the coaches have 1 hand tied behind their back we just have to ride this storm out at the minute and hope these guys appear sooner rather than later.

While that's true, there's no excuse for the poor discipline that is killing any chance we have of competing

x_ile 29 December, 2019 13:18
Perhaps someone should point out that the chances of success are significantly improved when a team keeps 15 players on the field for 80+ minutes!!! (Sm100)

Florida 29 December, 2019 13:20
Quote:
x_ile
Perhaps someone should point out that the chances of success are significantly improved when a team keeps 15 players on the field for 80+ minutes!!! (Sm100)

We've been playing better when we're a man down :/

cjm. 29 December, 2019 13:53
Quote:
irishboy_1995
Quote:
cjm.

True but my point was that the odd player here or there is not going to change things.

Many of those players are very recent losses and some were known about ( some not so much, eh TJ? ).
I am don't hold out much hope of SOB making a difference but I would like to be surprised. Fingers crossed the hip fix makes him better than when he was struggling with it.

There is still the fundamental indiscipline problem. It requires drastic action and needs to be top of the list in training and strategy now.

Rarely these days, partly due to tackles like we saw yesterday, are teams able to field their best team.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net