Latest news:

Highlights vs Worcs
Discussion started by bigbitty , 30 December, 2019 12:54
Highlights vs Worcs
bigbitty 30 December, 2019 12:54
[www.youtube.com]

The yellow and red look well deserved, I'm afraid.

Re: Highlights vs Worcs
AlecW 30 December, 2019 13:36
Frankly, the red card incident looks as if it will lead to a long ban.

RodB 30 December, 2019 14:37
Following his 3week ban from the world.cup , reduction " for previous good behaviour " is likely to be limited .

irishboy_1995 30 December, 2019 14:47
I've watched the highlights a few times and I honestly dont believe Saturday is as bad as people are making out just stupid/needless stuff and the ref not being great.

1. Their first try Freddie tries a ridiculous chip over the top instead of booting it down the field which lands right into one of their players on the 22 who kicks in behind leading freddie to run it out and they score a couple of phases after that line out
2. At 13-3 Irish have a certain 3 points in front of the sticks and Dell crashes into Houggard needlessly which leads to both the red card and yellow card which ive no arguments about
3. Worcesters 2nd try there is 2 forward passes leading to the score
4. Irish were denied a certain penalty try when Stephenson nearly got his head took off but Tempest bottled it.

Florida 30 December, 2019 15:18
Quote:
irishboy_1995
I've watched the highlights a few times and I honestly dont believe Saturday is as bad as people are making out just stupid/needless stuff and the ref not being great.
1. Their first try Freddie tries a ridiculous chip over the top instead of booting it down the field which lands right into one of their players on the 22 who kicks in behind leading freddie to run it out and they score a couple of phases after that line out
2. At 13-3 Irish have a certain 3 points in front of the sticks and Dell crashes into Houggard needlessly which leads to both the red card and yellow card which ive no arguments about
3. Worcesters 2nd try there is 2 forward passes leading to the score
4. Irish were denied a certain penalty try when Stephenson nearly got his head took off but Tempest bottled it.

For me it's as bad as people are making out due to the discipline issues. I posted elsewhere 120 penalties, 9 yellows and 3 reds from 11 games. We will not win many games until we sort out the discipline issue which the coaches have so far failed to address.

tatthecraic2 30 December, 2019 15:24
I hate our results.

But I want Freddie to try those moves. Better than the stogy limited static@#$%&we've been showing so far

SixNineOne 30 December, 2019 16:34
I agree it's worth encouraging Freddie to try something special even if it doesn't always come off. Without a bit of spark in the backline from then likes of Freddie, Loader and Naholo we're totally reliant on our forwards dominating the collisions and after a promising start this season they don't seem to be able to do it any more - Botha's absence is really apparent.

Looking at the highlights of the Worcester game, I agree that the couple of passes leading up to Lance's try were flat, at best. It's worth noting that the assistant ref on the nearside was way off the pace and hadn't a hope of adjudicating meaningfully on the play. For me, the decision not to award a penalty try for the high tackle on Stephenson was a 50:50 call. Ian Tempest clearly thought about it and gave a rational explanation why he didn't award it. If we spend our time complaining about things like that we'll all end up sounding like Steve Diamond...

I think we're all agreed that our lack of discipline is killing us. It's not just the idiotic cards, it's the persistent penalties for not rolling away and other simple ruck infringements that are just so disappointing. What's so sad is that this isn't a new problem. In the sixteen years I've been a season ticket holder we have consistently been bottom of the discipline tables and I suspect it's going to be hard to shift that mindset.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net