Matu置
Exile_Dave 30 December, 2019 18:39
5 week ban

[www.bbc.co.uk]

I'd rather be a Paddy than a Quin!!

C'mon the boys in Green!!

Re: Matu置
SixNineOne 30 December, 2019 18:54
He痴 allowed to play again on 17 February, because the 5 weeks is extended to take account of the two blank weekends at the beginning of February. Even so, I think he was lucky to get any mitigation given the damage that Duncan Weir apparently suffered and his previous red at the RWC. Let痴 hope it痴 a lesson learned by all the squad...

cjm. 30 December, 2019 19:06
Clear case of why they are trying to get back to proper tackling.

I would like to think things will change but history says otherwise. Needs to be almost the main focus of training for the foreseeable to eliminate it.

Tony_At_Wuss 30 December, 2019 23:32
Very fair comments above, guys. Best wishes for the rest of the season.

D駛 vu? I致e seen it all before!

[www.facebook.com]

tatthecraic2 31 December, 2019 08:37
How is Poreki going in the A league? Is he ready for a return?

Gazzle 31 December, 2019 08:41
Re proper tackling, I watched the last half hour of the Exeter Saracens game on Sunday and noticed that nearly all the Saracens tackling was shoulder height or above, including several neck binds. That just seemed to be their normal coached way of tackling. There was nothing 'dangerous' per se but they're bound to get it wrong at some point... Nothing even mentioned in passing by the ref.

I don't watch a lot of Saracens or prem rugby nowadays but interested for other observations.

Exile_Dave 31 December, 2019 09:47
Quote:
tatthecraic2
How is Poreki going in the A league? Is he ready for a return?

He did very well the last 2 matches. I知 sure he is ready for the 1st team.

I'd rather be a Paddy than a Quin!!

C'mon the boys in Green!!

Shawshank 31 December, 2019 10:18
Get Dave P in asap.

He was nearly our player of the season last year.

Matu'u frankly is a complete idiot and a total liability - how can a guy do exactly the same thing a couple of games after being banned for the same 'tackle' in the RWC...?

SirBurger 31 December, 2019 10:35
Tend to agree Shawshank. Hala'Ufia was at least our best ball carrier and capable of things that nobody else on the team was. Matu'u is our 2nd/3rd choice hooker and, frankly, doesn't seem like he is worth the risk.

dooj106 03 January, 2020 21:03
Perhaps it is a front row thing..... Marler just got himself yellow carded for silly foul play after the whistle

Exilepaul 03 January, 2020 21:28
Quote:
dooj106
Perhaps it is a front row thing..... Marler just got himself yellow carded for silly foul play after the whistle

Quins are such sore losers

tatthecraic2 03 January, 2020 23:51
Quote:
Exilepaul
Quote:
dooj106

Quins are such sore losers

You can take the word "Sore" out :p

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net