Latest news:

Team for Chiefs
Discussion started by PV , 03 January, 2020 12:01
Team for Chiefs
PV 03 January, 2020 12:01
15 Alivereti Veitokani, 14 Belgium Tuatagaloa, 13 Curtis Rona, 12 Tom Stephenson, 11 Ollie Hassell-Collins, 10 Stephen Myler, 9 Ben Meehan, 1 Allan Dell, 2 Saia Fainga’a, 3 Ollie Hoskins, 4 Franco van der Merwe ©, 5 Adam Coleman, 6 Steve Mafi, 7 Blair Cowan, 8 Albert Tuisue

Replacements:

16 Dave Porecki, 17 Harry Elrington, 18 Lovejoy Chawatama, 19 Barney Maddison, 20 Matt Rogerson, 21 Nick Phipps, 22 Jacob Atkins, 23 Bryce Campbell

Re: Team for Chiefs
PV 03 January, 2020 12:05
Chiefs have full side out exception being ‘Dirty Harry’ - hadn’t had a card in 90 matches then gets two in 1 game!

Florida 03 January, 2020 12:08
Quote:
PV
Chiefs have full side out exception being ‘Dirty Harry’ - hadn’t had a card in 90 matches then gets two in 1 game!

First time I've seen a player on the bench being carded!

Great to see Porecki back!

boston chief 03 January, 2020 12:12
Not quite a full team. We've rested a couple (J Hill, J Simmonds, Vermuelen) and like yourselves we have a fairly hefty injury list including: Yeandle, O'flaherty, Skinner, Slade, Frances, Holmes, Innard & Cuthbert, any of which could/should be regular starters.

tatthecraic2 03 January, 2020 12:18
Mafi better earn his money this weekend. The guy is a giant and has been as physical as a limp fish. Really unimpressed. Money not well spent so far

PV 03 January, 2020 12:20
Quote:
boston chief
Not quite a full team. We've rested a couple (J Hill, J Simmonds, Vermuelen) and like yourselves we have a fairly hefty injury list including: Yeandle, O'flaherty, Skinner, Slade, Frances, Holmes, Innard & Cuthbert, any of which could/should be regular starters.

Looks a pretty powerful unit. Go easy on us, please....

Exilepaul 03 January, 2020 12:57
Not to be negative but yeah this wont be great on Sunday

Exilepaul 03 January, 2020 13:06
I just find it baffling that with all the money invested that yet again the Matchday 23 looks nothing more than a average championship team

GHA 03 January, 2020 13:56
Quote:
Exilepaul
I just find it baffling that with all the money invested that yet again the Matchday 23 looks nothing more than a average championship team

In part due to a fair amount of injuries

stnick88 03 January, 2020 14:52
Quote:
Exilepaul

Bit harsh lad

PV 03 January, 2020 15:22
Quote:
Exilepaul

In fairness we only have 4 new signings in the squad and we are lacking some of our best players from last year.

Exilepaul 03 January, 2020 15:42
Quote:
stnick88
Quote:
Exilepaul

Bit harsh lad

You think that comment is harsh? When Leicester beat Bristol, Saracens get 5 points against Worcester and Wasps beat Saints at the Ricoh and we get spanked on Sunday and everyone's bums will be flapping come here on Sunday evening and read other peoples comment and you'll see what a "bit harsh" is

SixNineOne 03 January, 2020 16:12
Quote:
Florida
Quote:
PV

First time I've seen a player on the bench being carded!

Great to see Porecki back!
I seem to recall a Quin’s player (Chris Robshaw?) being carded when he was on the bench at the Stoop because he deliberately caught the ball when it was kicked into touch in order to stop the opposition taking a quick throw in. But that was a calculated risk rather than a red mist moment...

stnick88 03 January, 2020 16:34
Quote:
Exilepaul
Quote:
stnick88
Quote:
Exilepaul

Bit harsh lad

You think that comment is harsh? When Leicester beat Bristol, Saracens get 5 points against Worcester and Wasps beat Saints at the Ricoh and we get spanked on Sunday and everyone's bums will be flapping come here on Sunday evening and read other peoples comment and you'll see what a "bit harsh" is

So which of our players are London Scottish standard?

I'm well aware that people will panic when all of the above happens, that wasn't my point though.

Shawshank 03 January, 2020 17:39
Difficult not to see anything other than an absolute spanking on Sunday. Will do well to hold them to a 30 pt loss...

Hopefully this will prove the low point of the season and we can move on to better things in the 6N’s.

Exilepaul 03 January, 2020 18:57
In my own head ive wrote this off, hopefully Wus and Bristol can do something tomorrow I'd severely doubt it tho. If there is 1 positive after Sunday the next league game is 3 weeks away and Quins is 5 weeks away hopefully the squad can start to fill out again with players back from Injuries etc and some boys can get back up to speed.

Margin_Walker 03 January, 2020 19:27
If we're talking survival. Sarries winning tomorrow is the better result. We've a better chance of finishing above Worcester, than we do above Sarries.

As people have said, it's a strong Exeter team so it's about performance tomorrow. Would be great if we could put up a real fight (metaphorically please) and get something tangible from the game. Getting completely run over would be a depressing way to end the Christmas schedule.

Finno 04 January, 2020 09:32
Quote:
Margin_Walker
If we're talking survival. Sarries winning tomorrow is the better result. We've a better chance of finishing above Worcester, than we do above Sarries.
As people have said, it's a strong Exeter team so it's about performance tomorrow. Would be great if we could put up a real fight (metaphorically please) and get something tangible from the game. Getting completely run over would be a depressing way to end the Christmas schedule.

Agree 100%

shimmieandshake 04 January, 2020 10:56
I think Six Nations period is seismic for us. Beyond Allan Dell, we're not going to lose any players, while having Naholo back, Kepu up to speed, and a bunch of injuries returning will be such a boost against depleted squads elsewhere.

Very big game on 15/02 away at Quins. It's a rest week for Six Nations, but I doubt the likes of Sinckler and Marler will be turning out for their club. Big opportunity.

We're then home against Gloucester and Wasps, then away at Sale (oddly after five-day turnaround) and though the SN ends the week before, I doubt they'll have all internationals back starting when we're away at Bath on the 21st.

Exilepaul 04 January, 2020 11:36
Quote:
shimmieandshake
I think Six Nations period is seismic for us. Beyond Allan Dell, we're not going to lose any players, while having Naholo back, Kepu up to speed, and a bunch of injuries returning will be such a boost against depleted squads elsewhere.
Very big game on 15/02 away at Quins. It's a rest week for Six Nations, but I doubt the likes of Sinckler and Marler will be turning out for their club. Big opportunity.

We're then home against Gloucester and Wasps, then away at Sale (oddly after five-day turnaround) and though the SN ends the week before, I doubt they'll have all internationals back starting when we're away at Bath on the 21st.

The 6 nations starts 1 week after we play Saints I'm guessing Biggar, Lawes, Ludlum Hutchinson etc will have to sit it out to avoid injury and theres no way Bath will be at full strength we 100% need to pick up points and wins in this period.

NickK 04 January, 2020 14:36
Anyone heard attendance estimates for tomorrow? Imagining a reasonable Exeter supporter turnout

shimmieandshake 04 January, 2020 14:53
Hope so, ExilePaul. Especially in the wake of this incoming Tigers BP win...

Clyst Colt Chief 04 January, 2020 19:17
Quote:
Exilepaul
Quote:
stnick88
Quote:
Exilepaul

Bit harsh lad

Chief here in peace ... EP, you should've gone to the bookies with that wager ... 100% right on Saturday evening.

Looking forward to a good game tomorrow ... I've been to games against Irish ... where we've been beaten before ... Keep the faith buhys ... Form will come back but hoping not tomorrow :-)

irishboy_1995 04 January, 2020 19:53
Quote:
Clyst Colt Chief
Quote:
Exilepaul
Quote:
stnick88
Quote:
Exilepaul

Bit harsh lad

Chief here in peace ... EP, you should've gone to the bookies with that wager ... 100% right on Saturday evening.

Looking forward to a good game tomorrow ... I've been to games against Irish ... where we've been beaten before ... Keep the faith buhys ... Form will come back but hoping not tomorrow :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2020 19:55 by irishboy_1995.

PV 04 January, 2020 20:24
Bookies have handicap of +12.5

Florida 04 January, 2020 22:53
Looking forward to you all eating your words when we beat the chiefs tomorrow.

Exilepaul 04 January, 2020 23:12
Quote:
Florida
Looking forward to you all eating your words when we beat the chiefs tomorrow.

Trust me I'd love nothing more but I'm realistic.

Exilepaul 04 January, 2020 23:21
Quote:
Clyst Colt Chief
Quote:
Exilepaul
Quote:
stnick88
Quote:
Exilepaul

Bit harsh lad

I watch alot of Rugby and I'm a realist, Irish will beat 1 top side this season when it's not expected at all but unfortunately it wont be tomorrow. We just lack the quality and are ravaged by injuries atm, I'd snap your hand off for a BP right now but I am surprised Baxter didnt rotate more hopefully use take the eye off the ball and do a bristol again 😂 no but in all seriousness I hope it's a good game and use folk go on and win the league.

Alphacat 05 January, 2020 00:15
Yeah feeling similar. If, and a big if, we have all of our players then we can challenge, as has been proven, but our squad seems so paper-thin that even just losing a few is devastating...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net