Latest news:

The breathing space is now gone.
Discussion started by irishboy_1995 , 04 January, 2020 15:11
The breathing space is now gone.
irishboy_1995 04 January, 2020 15:11
As expected Leicester won and got a try bonus point along with it while looking impressive, we've got too respond by at least putting in a performance tomorrow that fills us with confidence and we can take forward, I also heard the commentator on the tigers bris game say this weekend is the last weekend without the 6 nations stars.

Re: The breathing space is now gone.
cjm. 04 January, 2020 15:16
Yes, a bit like Irish, Bristol authored their own downfall but Leicester deserved their 5 points.

irishboy_1995 04 January, 2020 15:35
And Saracens have the 5 points wrapped up already. Great.

Margin_Walker 04 January, 2020 15:41
Quote:
irishboy_1995

Sarries are an irrelevance really imo. They are always going to finish above us. It's more important from our point of view that they keep Worcester from picking anything up. Despite their good start, they are only 5 points ahead of us.

Clearly none of it matter unless we don't start picking up some wins. If we can find a way to start picking up points again, the rest of the league will take care of itself and we won't have to worry about other results.

irishboy_1995 04 January, 2020 15:51
Quote:
Margin_Walker
Quote:
irishboy_1995

Sarries are an irrelevance really imo. They are always going to finish above us. It's more important from our point of view that they keep Worcester from picking anything up. Despite their good start, they are only 5 points ahead of us.

Clearly none of it matter unless we don't start picking up some wins. If we can find a way to start picking up points again, the rest of the league will take care of itself and we won't have to worry about other results.

I'm just dreading that tomorrow will be like Saracens v Worcester is now

Margin_Walker 04 January, 2020 16:16
I'd like to think there will be some reaction from the last two games, but it's definitely the fear. Just need to stay in the game early and try to match them up front, which is much easier said than done.

irishboy_1995 04 January, 2020 16:24
Quote:
Margin_Walker
I'd like to think there will be some reaction from the last two games, but it's definitely the fear. Just need to stay in the game early and try to match them up front, which is much easier said than done.

I find it quite worrying that Gloucester put 40 on Worcester and Saracens are going to put at least 50 on them and we could only manage a measly 6 points and never looked like scoring a try.

Exile_Dave 04 January, 2020 19:13
Quote:
irishboy_1995
Quote:
Margin_Walker

I find it quite worrying that Gloucester put 40 on Worcester and Saracens are going to put at least 50 on them and we could only manage a measly 6 points and never looked like scoring a try.

Didnít help with 1 yellow card and 1 red. Playing with 15 players was always going to stretch a team with less players.

dooj106 05 January, 2020 10:45
Is going to be a struggle against Exeter and Northampton but then have Gloucester and quins up to the half way point of The season. Need to try and find a way of picking up at least a point from 90% of our games as they will amount up to an extra couple of wins at the end of the season

PV 05 January, 2020 11:32
Weíll compete with

Quins
Worcester
Leicester
Wasps
Bristol

And we may well shock a few others.

There are 5 premiership matches over 6N as well and we arenít impacted as others, probably lose Dell and thatís it. Have faith!

Exilepaul 05 January, 2020 12:48
Quote:
dooj106
Is going to be a struggle against Exeter and Northampton but then have Gloucester and quins up to the half way point of The season. Need to try and find a way of picking up at least a point from 90% of our games as they will amount up to an extra couple of wins at the end of the season

That's what I always say, you need to keep your points tally ticking over even if it's a bp it will be massively disappointing that we started this batch of 3 games with 12pts and will probably finish it with 12pts

Heaf 05 January, 2020 13:31
I just hope the point(s) we lost due to the appalling decision at the end of the Sarries match doesn't make a difference or the red card v Bristol - which while certainly stupid looks like maybe it should have been a yellow instead as the review board found there was no shoulder to head contact but shoulder to shoulder.

cjm. 05 January, 2020 13:43
Wonder how Wee Dunc lost his teeth then.

PV 05 January, 2020 14:27
That was Worcester I think.

cjm. 05 January, 2020 14:36
Quote:
PV
That was Worcester I think.

Yes, misread.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net