Latest news:

A piece of the Sarries pie
Discussion started by Exilepaul , 08 January, 2020 16:26
A piece of the Sarries pie
Exilepaul 08 January, 2020 16:26
With Saracens set to lose alot of their players is there anyone gettable for us? I dont really want anyone who's played for us before because it's a case of getting back with your ex because their current situation is terrible.

Re: A piece of the Sarries pie
millhillexile 08 January, 2020 16:45
Alex Lewington / Sean Maitland...…..

Exilepaul 08 January, 2020 17:03
Quote:
millhillexile

Lewington possibly, Maitland flat out no the guy couldnt get away fast enough from us when we got relegated

SirBurger 08 January, 2020 17:13
Aren't we already up to the cap?

cjm. 08 January, 2020 17:25
Quote:
Exilepaul
Quote:
millhillexile

Lewington possibly, Maitland flat out no the guy couldnt get away fast enough from us when we got relegated

I would have both back if affordable. Both had to look after their ambitions. As an international winger and no spring chicken there was no way Maitland could stay for a year in the Championship. Sarries should how good he could be but the ball rarely reached him with LI.

ExiledChameleon 08 January, 2020 17:47
Quote:
SirBurger
Aren't we already up to the cap?

We'd surely have a decent amount of injury cap, and I'm not sure how international paternity pay works, but could potentially have some stuff to play with there.

Lazyboy346 08 January, 2020 18:13
I'd quite happily take Lamositele or Barrington if they become available.

Bill the chip 08 January, 2020 18:59
We are already at the cap for this year... we have also spent the injury part of this to.... the thinking behind it, was that this year is so crucial to us that what would be the point getting to the end of year with say 200k in the bank when would could put it towards the higher standard of players that have signed this term.... correct call for me.

Truly shows how deep this sarries thing went...surely there has to be more punishment coming their way.... they need a few seasons in the champs, to see what other teams have been thru,

GHA 08 January, 2020 19:30
Quote:
millhillexile

There are other rugby players in the world. not just Irish players and former Irish players...

Alphacat 08 January, 2020 19:39
Lewington is the only ex-LI player I would want back

Shawshank 08 January, 2020 19:48
Maitland remains a show pony.

millhillexile 08 January, 2020 20:06
I was being Sarccy. I wouldn’t have either back. I was more disappointed when Lewington left as I thought he could have shown a bit more loyalty and Maitland did nothing to show he was up for the fight when needed and couldn’t wait to leave. So why would we want either back?

cjm. 08 January, 2020 20:44
Quote:
Shawshank
But quite a successful after moving to Sarries.

Alphacat 08 January, 2020 20:44
Lewington did show loyalty imo. He followed us through one relegation and always spoke highly of the club - can understand wanting to move on to improve his game...

GHA 08 January, 2020 20:48
Quote:
cjm.
Quote:
Shawshank

Not exactly hard to be a small but successful fish in a big pond of a side cheating their way to domestic and European glory year after year, is it?

GHA 08 January, 2020 20:56
Quote:
millhillexile
I was being Sarccy. I wouldn’t have either back. I was more disappointed when Lewington left as I thought he could have shown a bit more loyalty and Maitland did nothing to show he was up for the fight when needed and couldn’t wait to leave. So why would we want either back?

Well played (Sm160)

LI Bohemian 08 January, 2020 20:56
Think that wolfie, Lewington and Show pony will all be off to Bath, as they used to play for us.

cjm. 08 January, 2020 21:06
Quote:
GHA
Quote:
cjm.
Quote:
Shawshank

Not exactly hard to be a small but successful fish in a big pond of a side cheating their way to domestic and European glory year after year, is it?

Think it's fairly hard. I couldn't do it. The problems with that side were numerous, and a bit like when Paul Sackey played for us, wingers are reliant on getting decent ball. That side rarely provided it, it was awful.

Top tier internationals cannot be expected to slog through a Championship season, makes no sense.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net