Latest news:

Team v Bayonne (A)
Discussion started by Florida , 10 January, 2020 12:21
Team v Bayonne (A)
Florida 10 January, 2020 12:21
[www.london-irish.com]

A very welcome return for Matt Williams!
Possibly a few too many scrum halves in that 23

Re: Team v Bayonne (A)
fatlad76 10 January, 2020 12:25
great to see a few names back and at last available!

Lazyboy346 10 January, 2020 12:28
Decent team for a dead rubber, hopefully some of the fringe players will show form in these two games and give us more options. I'd have given Veitokani another game off the bench rather than risk Meehan. If we do have two scrum halves on the bench, I'd have hoped it would be Brand as he can cover wing.

Exilepaul 10 January, 2020 12:39
Be interesting to see how Mafi goes in the 2nd row he played well last week, a Mafi and Coleman combination could be tasty

Margin_Walker 10 January, 2020 13:06
Quote:
Lazyboy346
Decent team for a dead rubber, hopefully some of the fringe players will show form in these two games and give us more options. I'd have given Veitokani another game off the bench rather than risk Meehan. If we do have two scrum halves on the bench, I'd have hoped it would be Brand as he can cover wing.

Assume Meehan's on the bench as the reserve 10. Williams is the wing cover

LI Bohemian 10 January, 2020 14:02
Thought Meehan played alright at 10 last season although against championship teams, his place kicking was poor to start with but increased in accuracy the more he played in that position

Exilepaul 10 January, 2020 14:18
Quote:
Lazyboy346

"Decent team" we need to stop falling into this trap there is some decent players but saying it's a "decent team" is a stretch

Lazyboy346 10 January, 2020 14:22
Quote:
Exilepaul
Quote:
Lazyboy346

"Decent team" we need to stop falling into this trap there is some decent players but saying it's a "decent team" is a stretch

I meant decent team in the context that we could easily have put out all the registered academy players. I didn't expect Fowlie or Williams to be back, Mafi, Phipps and Rogerson could probably have not played nor Kepu named in the squad. Not everything is gung ho optimism that needs to be slapped down.

Exilepaul 10 January, 2020 14:36
Quote:
Lazyboy346
Quote:
Exilepaul
Quote:
Lazyboy346

I meant decent team in the context that we could easily have put out all the registered academy players. I didn't expect Fowlie or Williams to be back, Mafi, Phipps and Rogerson could probably have not played nor Kepu named in the squad. Not everything is gung ho optimism that needs to be slapped down.

Ah gotcha, the management clearly like easing players in because Kepu has been training for a couple of weeks now and they did the same with Mafi, Coleman etc so if Naholo isnt here next Monday he probably won't feauture against Saints on the 25th. Its appears even if you've been training that full week you probably wont play at the weekend if it's your first week back. Weird

Florida 10 January, 2020 15:09
The integration of players that have never played with the team before I'd imagine would be a bit different to that of one who has simply not played for a few weeks / month.

Margin_Walker 10 January, 2020 15:27
Agree. Would surprise me if Naholo arrived on the Sunday/Monday/Tuesday and played this time. Can understand those just pitching up to have a week or two to bed in a little.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net