Ecksile
Quote:
Exilepaul
7-0 dreadful defence yet again

0 - 14 ditto

This is hard to watch in everyway

Re: Bayonne v Irish
Exile_Dave 11 January, 2020 16:26
Not impressed with James Stokes. He looks way out of his depth. Defensive positioning for the 1st try was terrible. Overthrowing the ball etc.

I'd rather be a Paddy than a Quin!!

C'mon the boys in Green!!

Exilepaul 11 January, 2020 16:28
[quote Exile_Dave]Not impressed with James Stokes. He looks way out of his depth. Defensive positioning for the 1st try was terrible. Overthrowing the ball etc.[/quote

So many of these players arent up to standard like I said on another thread, im sick sore and tired of people saying "what a team" "Decent team" etc

John H 11 January, 2020 16:37
Belgium scores 5 -12

Ecksile 11 January, 2020 16:39
5 -17 óó what defence?

Ecksile 11 January, 2020 16:41
Sorry should be 17 -5

Ecksile 11 January, 2020 16:42
Half time 17 - 5

Ecksile 11 January, 2020 16:43
19 - 5 ht

Exilepaul 11 January, 2020 16:45
Complete rubbish against a dreadful Bayonne side feel for anyone who paid to go out to that

Margin_Walker 11 January, 2020 16:46
Quote:
John H
Belgium scores 5 -12

Was Campbell not Belgium

Well that wasn't pretty. Actually had a fair bit of the ball but they seemed to break away every time the play opened up.

Thought Belgium was pretty lucky with one of his fends there just before their last try. May have been in trouble if they'd stopped to look at it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2020 16:47 by Margin_Walker.

x_ile 11 January, 2020 17:01
What has happened to all those hotshot players LI signed up over the summer?

I was under the impression that LI would be top 6 contenders with all that talent on the books.

In practice, it sounds as though the club is turning out, week after week, some kind of diffeerent scratch team made up of receent acquisitions from the Champ and some promising Academy lads. Not surprising results are less than satisfactory.

cjm. 11 January, 2020 17:08
Watched the Glasgow-Exeter match rather than this one and it was a cracker.

Florida 11 January, 2020 17:08
Matti Williams, how? How the hell does he do that?

Margin_Walker 11 January, 2020 17:08
Lovely try from Williams. So strong and hard to get to ground for his size

Exile_Dave 11 January, 2020 17:10
Atkins kicking is way off. Kepu making an instant impact.

Exilepaul 11 January, 2020 17:12
Quote:
Exile_Dave
Atkins kicking is way off. Kepu making an instant impact.

Yeah that's because 1 is quality the other isnt.

Florida 11 January, 2020 17:13
Kepu showing his clas already, sadly he's now getting some treatment

Smudge21 11 January, 2020 17:22
Williams is a class act, give him the ball and he can do some damage. No where near the finished article but has to be in our prem team somewhere

jimbo800 11 January, 2020 17:23
Donít understand bringing off Atkins for a 9 to play at 10 who is already getting plenty game time. This is exactly the game time Atkins needs for his development. Brand should have been on the bench instead of Steele or Meehan.

joshhbartholomew 13 January, 2020 09:42
Quote:
jimbo800
Donít understand bringing off Atkins for a 9 to play at 10 who is already getting plenty game time. This is exactly the game time Atkins needs for his development. Brand should have been on the bench instead of Steele or Meehan.

Completely agree - equally, thatís three games now where Cokanasigaís been on the bench and not been brought on. If heís ready for the bench, give him an opportunity!

LI Bohemian 13 January, 2020 10:34
Quote:
joshhbartholomew
Quote:
jimbo800

Completely agree - equally, thatís three games now where Cokanasigaís been on the bench and not been brought on. If heís ready for the bench, give him an opportunity!

I think this is a part of the coaching/management that seems to not make any sense to me, when you show no confidence in the youth to bring them on when the game is essentially gone or not important, the players get released and they presto other teams reap the benefits, we seem to be bringing in sub standard players when we could developed what we have already

Steelman 13 January, 2020 13:30
When you're playing a dead rubber and loseing that,what possible argument can there be for not emptying the bench for the last 20 minutes.In those circumstances it's the only positive move a coach can make, The same lack of opportunity is also endemic in the round ball game. So many good players are lost to sport ,by the curse of the subs bench,at all levels.

jimbo800 13 January, 2020 13:33
I know we have a reputation for losing our best youth but we seem to have released players who are then deemed good enough to play for better teams. We lost Langdon and Gleave, both hookers I believe, who were then picked up by Sale and Glaws respectively. They both played and scored over the weekend. We then had to recruit hookers, one of whom cost us a game recently and faingaa who i guess is earning a big wage. The lads that leave of their own accord can clearly get a feel for a club who arenít going anywhere. Williams left us after relegation but clearly thought Newcastle were worth the risk by staying.

Too much turnover for my liking, starting with youth. Brand has been at the club for ages yet we keep signing 9ís, only a matter of time before he gets fed up of waiting.

Bazzo 13 January, 2020 17:02
The second row who played for us that went to Sale.... Evans? He has been fantastic for them, we let him go I believe?

Margin_Walker 13 January, 2020 17:37
Quote:
Bazzo
The second row who played for us that went to Sale.... Evans? He has been fantastic for them, we let him go I believe?

He was massively underwhelming for us and as an ex All Black probably costing a fair bit. Not sure anyone would have been up in arms about him leaving at the time.

Fair play to him for going well at Sale, but that's just one of those things.

SirBurger 13 January, 2020 18:23
Heís also 35/36 now and was 30 when he left us so no issue with us letting him move on.

Margin_Walker 13 January, 2020 18:50
And Gleave? He's a tidy little player, but I'm honestly not sure he would have picked up another prem contract if his old man hadn't been involved with Gloucester. He was a 4th choice hooker for us and again, not someone that anyone was crying out for us to keep.

Langdon is developing well and is the only one for me it might have made sense at the time holding onto if we could.

jimbo800 13 January, 2020 19:07
Yeah, but in regards to Gleave, itís one thing getting a deal off Gloucester but another for them to be starting Heineken cup games. With salary cap, I donít think there are many sentimental contracts handed out anymore. Heís clearly proved himself

jimbo800 13 January, 2020 19:09
Did we release Tom Cruse? Heís rumoured to be heading to Bristol

SirBurger 13 January, 2020 19:40
Quote:
jimbo800
Yeah, but in regards to Gleave, itís one thing getting a deal off Gloucester but another for them to be starting Heineken cup games. With salary cap, I donít think there are many sentimental contracts handed out anymore. Heís clearly proved himself

Yes, he has done well for himself. Worth noting he only started because of a late withdrawal.

Shawshank 13 January, 2020 20:17
Wolstencroft is one that we should have got to stay.

PV 14 January, 2020 05:36
One indisputable benefit of ring fencing....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net