Latest news:

Worrying times
Discussion started by Exilepaul , 11 January, 2020 18:05
Worrying times
Exilepaul 11 January, 2020 18:05
It's happening again isnt is..... decent start then loss after loss then the confidence just drains from the entire squad, people can right this one off or whatever but the reality is we have been absoultey dire for a month now against average/poor sides, these performances need to stop right now or we will be relegated by April.

Re: Worrying times
SixNineOne 11 January, 2020 18:30
I went to watch Richmond v Hull Ionians in National Division 1 this afternoon as I didn't have time to nip down to SW France. A cracking match (Richmond scored 4 minutes from time to snatch victory 86 - 7) and a useful opportunity to re-acclimatise myself to where we'll probably be watching rugby next season...

olw131 11 January, 2020 18:45
I trust the coaches to get spirits back up but I blame injuries and Naholo/Botha absences for our downturn in form to be honest.

Today was a real hotch-pitch side full of unproven non-starters and academy players. We had two emergency cover signings in the back 3 once again.

Am sure our usual starters will benefit from a few weeks off, the new Aussie/NZ arrivals can gel a bit more, O’Brien can hopefully come somewhat close to playing, and we can target our most important games during the 6N.

Shawshank 11 January, 2020 18:50
If anyone throught we could win with a scratch side, then I’m a Patagonian.

To only lose by 17 pts is not actually a bad result.

No doubt Billy Big Bollix will be giving interviews to Irish Newspapers explaining why we went wrong, and how we should improve.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2020 19:20 by Shawshank.

Exilepaul 11 January, 2020 21:00
Quote:
olw131
I trust the coaches to get spirits back up but I blame injuries and Naholo/Botha absences for our downturn in form to be honest.
Today was a real hotch-pitch side full of unproven non-starters and academy players. We had two emergency cover signings in the back 3 once again.

Am sure our usual starters will benefit from a few weeks off, the new Aussie/NZ arrivals can gel a bit more, O’Brien can hopefully come somewhat close to playing, and we can target our most important games during the 6N.

It's not just today tho the rot has been setting in for quite a while tbh, today shows either our reserves are shot of confidence or not good enough my guess is both.

jimbo800 11 January, 2020 21:05
Our back ups aren’t good enough at all. When we have close to full strength like the start of the season we can rattle anyone but the moment we get some injuries we are severely weakened which is why we are struggling wi thy out Botha and nahalo. Two players shouldn’t have quite that big an impact but we have always had to be reliant on a couple of players to be competitive.
We also seem to have terrible luck with injuries when it comes to our better players. Franks tore a bicep on his first season with us, he was out marquee guy meant to save us. Then we lost coman and the winger from Clermont never featured. We need a huge slice of luck this term. Everyone fit and used to playing together for a few months and I believe we’ll get by......just.

Bazzo 11 January, 2020 21:24
Quote:
Shawshank

No doubt Billy Big Bollix will be giving interviews to Irish Newspapers explaining why we went wrong, and how we should improve.

Sorry.......Who is Billy Big Bolix?

BaltiBoy 11 January, 2020 21:49
Quote:
jimbo800
Our back ups aren’t good enough at all. When we have close to full strength like the start of the season we can rattle anyone but the moment we get some injuries we are severely weakened which is why we are struggling wi thy out Botha and nahalo. Two players shouldn’t have quite that big an impact but we have always had to be reliant on a couple of players to be competitive.

Exactly this

Without any injuries etc our first XV will put up a good fight against any team.

Lose a couple of players though and our back ups are found out as simply not good enough. This is a very worrying fact regarding our premiership survival.

Cheers & Beers
BB

Exile_Dave 11 January, 2020 21:55
Quote:
Bazzo
Quote:
Shawshank

O’Brien

Paul_D 11 January, 2020 22:19
Quote:
Exile_Dave
Quote:
Bazzo
Quote:
Shawshank

O’Brien

According to Shawshank who, as usual, is talking utter bolix

Bazzo 12 January, 2020 06:57
In fairness I had not read the other posts and treads at that stage, where I then saw the trend.

Honestly...... if we are to use these forums for discussions and debate, then great, but to label (not just call) a player of the Calibre of Sean O’Brien a “Billy Big Bollix” is not right with me. Have an opinion by all means, but he is slogging his big bollix off to get back playing to help our club out. He is also a truly great player, former European Player of the year, I believe. He is part of a club in Ireland that has built something very special and I would say that he was a major player in that. He is entitled to talk, he has earned that right, most importantly for me, he is trying to help...... unlike the people calling him such names. Shows more about the poster than anything.

Nick4219 12 January, 2020 08:27
Quote:
Bazzo
In fairness I had not read the other posts and treads at that stage, where I then saw the trend.
Honestly...... if we are to use these forums for discussions and debate, then great, but to label (not just call) a player of the Calibre of Sean O’Brien a “Billy Big Bollix” is not right with me. Have an opinion by all means, but he is slogging his big bollix off to get back playing to help our club out. He is also a truly great player, former European Player of the year, I believe. He is part of a club in Ireland that has built something very special and I would say that he was a major player in that. He is entitled to talk, he has earned that right, most importantly for me, he is trying to help...... unlike the people calling him such names. Shows more about the poster than anything.

I agree wholeheartedly with this and some of which I’m trying to get across on the SOB interview thread.

Shawshank 12 January, 2020 08:55
Calm down snowflakes, he’s not yet a deity...

Nick4219 12 January, 2020 09:01
Quote:
Shawshank

Snowflakes? You seem to be the one that’s taken exception to him speaking his mind.

Ajax Treesdown 12 January, 2020 09:02
Quote:
Shawshank

The irony.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net