Latest news:

Subs warming up behind goal area.
Discussion started by bigbitty , 13 January, 2020 17:06
Subs warming up behind goal area.
bigbitty 13 January, 2020 17:06
I've just watched highlights of the Glasgow/Exeter match, which looked like a good game.

However, late on a Glasgow player scored a try under the posts. He was tackled before the line but momentum carried both scorer and defender over. He was immediately surrounded by subs and lifted up. The defender was damned near trampled on, and looked like he had to cover his head for protection.

I wasn't particularly impressed. Surely if the subs are not part of the game at that time they have no right to come onto the field?

Re: Subs warming up behind goal area.
SimonG19 13 January, 2020 19:03
Seems to happen regularly and is only a matter of time before the post-try handbags is 23-a-side!

jimbo800 13 January, 2020 19:04
Completely agree, canít understand why they are allowed on the field of play. Opposition players have the manoeuvre themselves away from the bunch of subs. Even worse, subs are dragging defenders off of players after theyíve scored. Should have been dealt with a long time ago

Lazyboy346 13 January, 2020 19:07
Have seen a game at shool level (can't remember who) where they were doing lineout practice in the in goal area and overthrew at the point that someone kicked a ball through and dotted down for an obvious try. Ref was unsigned and saw the lineout ball go out so initially called a 22 drop out. Lucky the sub hooker and his onfield captain came over to explain what happened and Sir (begrudgingly as he was their head of PE) gave the try that effectively knocked them out of the cup (ended 10-6)

Florida 14 January, 2020 09:23
I've seen a try chalked off as the ref couldn't see the grounding on the replays as the attacking team subs had blocked the view. Can't remember the match

Marbo 14 January, 2020 12:49
Its one of my real frustrations with the game at the moment as well this. Noticed it during our game against Exeter our boys were setting up a defence line while the scrum was packing day. At the same time the chiefs' subs are running passing lines going right up to the post nearly bumping into the players are the pitch.

Fair enough the ball wasn't live at the time but still its distracting to the players on the pitch and unnecessary. If they run into the back of a player on the pitch that could blow up into a significant scuffle!

Ajax Treesdown 14 January, 2020 13:30
Maybe we should remove spectators from the first 10 rows of seats to to prevent the on-field players being distracted.

They are professional athletes.

(Sm164)

GHA 14 January, 2020 14:23
Or at least tell the front 10 rows not to wear Irish shirts or in fact anything dark green

LI Bohemian 15 January, 2020 16:41
Quote:
Ajax Treesdown
Maybe we should remove spectators from the first 10 rows of seats to to prevent the on-field players being distracted.

(Sm164)

Obviously haven't been to a home match lately, the first 10 rows are empty any way.

So, Professor Treesdown I've deduced a formula according to your past postings
Premiership players = professional athletes
Championship players = Pub team

Ajax Treesdown 15 January, 2020 16:42
Quote:
LI Bohemian
Quote:
Ajax Treesdown

(Sm164)

Obviously haven't been to a home match lately, the first 10 rows are empty any way.

So, Professor Treesdown I've deduced a formula according to your past postings
Premiership players = professional athletes
Championship players = Pub team

Bingo.

GHA 15 January, 2020 19:08

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net