Latest news:

Travelling to the Gardens on Friday ?
Discussion started by Aberavon Wizard , 21 January, 2020 11:20
Travelling to the Gardens on Friday ?
Aberavon Wizard 21 January, 2020 11:20
Just a word of warning for anyone coming up to visit us on friday night. The luvvies at BT have decreed that in addition to Saints v Irish at 1945hrs, there is also the small matter of NTFC v Derby County in the FA Cup kicking off at 2000hrs. Regular visitors will know the grounds are barely five hundred metres apart ! Have fun parking.......

Re: Travelling to the Gardens on Friday ?
GHA 21 January, 2020 11:24
Cheers for the info AW

Griff 21 January, 2020 11:28
Oooh, Cobblers!

Thanks AW!

Saint Stokey 21 January, 2020 11:54
Rooney is now with Derby so there will be a packed football stadium.

Allow plenty of time to leave if you're driving. Expect 1hr plus!

Nick4219 21 January, 2020 15:56
Iím going to speculate/dream of our lineup not sure of the fitness of some though.

1. Hobbs-Awoyemi
2. Porecki
3. Kepu
4. Coleman
5. Franco
6. Rogerson
7. Cowan
8. Tuisue
9. Brand
10. Myler
11. Nahalo
12. Hepetema
13. Rona
14. Belgium
15. Veitokani

Replacements

16. Hoskins 17. Fainga 18. Chawatama 19. Nott 20. Mafi
21. Stephenson 22. Meehan

cjm. 21 January, 2020 16:31
I have only been to the Gardens a couple of times but on one occasion when we were leaving some very dodgy looking men in a gold mercedes decided to park such that they restricted traffic and blocked traffic on one side of the road but the knock on effect was that traffic barely moved in both directions. Despite people pleading with them to move they just sat there and scowled at everyone.

So it doesn't take much to screw up traffic from what I have seen.

SixNineOne 21 January, 2020 17:37
Quote:
Nick4219
Iím going to speculate/dream of our lineup not sure of the fitness of some though.
1. Hobbs-Awoyemi
2. Porecki
3. Kepu
4. Coleman
5. Franco
6. Rogerson
7. Cowan
8. Tuisue
9. Brand
10. Myler
11. Nahalo
12. Hepetema
13. Rona
14. Belgium
15. Veitokani

Replacements

Nick, youíre clearly so confident of the quality of your selection that a 23 is surplus to requirements...

Aberavon Wizard 21 January, 2020 17:47
I can think of one outside half who will get a hell of a good reception - Danny and Tom will be welcomed back warmly too.

SixNineOne 21 January, 2020 17:50
Whatís the best way to get back into the centre of town after the match? Are there buses that run that way or will they be snarled up by traffic and the guy in the gold merc? Looking at the map itís about 20 minutes on foot so that may be my best option!

Nick4219 21 January, 2020 19:32
Quote:
SixNineOne
Quote:
Nick4219
1. Hobbs-Awoyemi
2. Porecki
3. Kepu
4. Coleman
5. Franco
6. Rogerson
7. Cowan
8. Tuisue
9. Brand
10. Myler
11. Nahalo
12. Hepetema
13. Rona
14. Belgium
15. Veitokani

Replacements

Nick, youíre clearly so confident of the quality of your selection that a 23 is surplus to requirements...

It was a struggle to think of 22 who were possibly fit! In that case I would but 23. Atkins

Iíve gone for what I think could be our strongest team and likely to be the core for next year too, I would give Brand the instruction to just get the ball moving quickly and not to worry too much. Atkins to get a good chunk of the second half barring any injuries.

Aberavon Wizard 21 January, 2020 19:51
Quickest option to town centre is to walk, out of the ground turn right and head towards the railway station. After the trains keep heading straight along Marefair and Gold St to the middle of town itself.

lilyg 24 January, 2020 13:21
Quote:
SixNineOne
Whatís the best way to get back into the centre of town after the match? Are there buses that run that way or will they be snarled up by traffic and the guy in the gold merc? Looking at the map itís about 20 minutes on foot so that may be my best option!

Another Saint in peace, Aberavon Wizard is spot on. I park at the station and that's only a ten/15 min walk (and miles quicker to escape after a game!). Town is another ten minute walk up Gold Street.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net