Latest news:

Team's up
Discussion started by PV , 23 January, 2020 12:01
Team's up
PV 23 January, 2020 12:01
15 James Stokes, 14 Waisake Naholo, 13 Curtis Rona, 12 Terrence Hepetema, 11 Ollie Hassell-Collins, 10 Stephen Myler, 9 Ben Meehan, 1 Harry Elrington, 2 Dave Porecki, 3 Sekope Kepu, 4 Franco van der Merwe ©, 5 Adam Coleman, 6 Matt Rogerson, 7 Blair Cowan, 8 Albert Tuisue

Replacements:
16 Ben Atkins, 17 Allan Dell, 18 Ollie Hoskins, 19 Steve Mafi, 20 Ben Donnell, 21 Nick Phipps, 22 Tom Stephenson, 23 Matt Williams

Re: Team's up
Smudge21 23 January, 2020 12:06
Interesting to see both elrington and stokes start. To be fair to stokes he did look a lot more assured last week from a defensive and positioning point of view.
Kepu against Franks could be a big battle, Franks has conceded a lot of penalties this year and is not the force he once was at scrum time

Exilepaul 23 January, 2020 12:06
Quite worrying that the management see Stokes as a starter and I'd be surprised if the game isnt over at half time again

shimmieandshake 23 January, 2020 12:21
Just the January blues, Paul, or are you a misery all year round?

Agree on the Kepu vs. Franks battle. Scrum will be big. Great to see Porecki starting. Also like seeing Donnell on the bench, he's looked good on the occasions I've seen him.

Saintalex 23 January, 2020 12:21
Where are you getting about Franks giving away a lot of penalties this year? He has hardly played so far this and both have been injured and this is the first time they have played together for us:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/01/2020 12:23 by Saintalex.

Exile_Dave 23 January, 2020 12:31
Saints team

15 Ahsee Tuala
14 Ollie Sleightholme
13 Rory Hutchinson
12 Piers Francis
11 Taqele Naiyaravoro
10 James Grayson
9 Cobus Reinach

1 Ben Franks
2 Mike Haywood
3 Owen Franks
4 Alex Coles
5 Api Ratuniyarawa
6 Tom Wood
7 Teimana Harrison (c)
8 Mitch Eadie

Replacements:
16 James Fish
17 Alex Waller
18 Ehren Painter
19 Lewis Bean
20 JJ Tonks
21 Henry Taylor
22 Andrew Symons
23 Tom Collins

Saint Stokey 23 January, 2020 12:32
I must admit, I'd read somewhere that B Franks was the most penalised player in the league at the moment. It must have been on Twitter somewhere. Perhaps its a characteristic of our LH play.

Exilepaul 23 January, 2020 12:33
Quote:
shimmieandshake
Just the January blues, Paul, or are you a misery all year round?
Agree on the Kepu vs. Franks battle. Scrum will be big. Great to see Porecki starting. Also like seeing Donnell on the bench, he's looked good on the occasions I've seen him.

Nope just getting myself prepared for the rubbish that will inevitably be served up again

Tom1215 23 January, 2020 12:34
Jesus ExilePaul you really are a bundle of happiness and joy.
Cheer up Pal!!!
Looking forward to see kepu get a good run out and hopefully Atkins gets some decent minutes.

Saintalex 23 January, 2020 12:40
Ben Franks has only played 2 - maybe 3 times this season

Your team looks a good team

Naholo - All Black
Coleman - Wallaby
Kepu - Wallaby
Phipps on bench - Wallaby
VD Merwe - 1 SA cap lock
Rona - Wallaby

We are short as Eddie Jones has took a few of our players for a little holiday. So nice of him and we have a few injuries

Not feeling very confident

Also looking forward to see Smyler and Stephenson although still breaks my heart seeing them in your shirts

Aberavon Wizard 23 January, 2020 13:14
Underdogs at home again.......doh !

Nick4219 23 January, 2020 13:29
Quote:
Aberavon Wizard
Underdogs at home again.......doh !

I think some Saints fans are employing Eddie Jonesís tactic of playing the underdog card the scamps!

Iím hoping the return of Nahalo will bring some attacking flair back in to the Irish ranks, maybe some high balls and good kick chases could cause some upset

PV 23 January, 2020 14:02
When do we get Parton, Veitokani, Loader, Jackson etc back. Any decent fitness updates. I do worry about that full back position

Exile_Dave 23 January, 2020 14:26
Quote:
PV
When do we get Parton, Veitokani, Loader, Jackson etc back. Any decent fitness updates. I do worry about that full back position

Freddie is already back. He may be in Mondayís side.

PV 23 January, 2020 15:01
How does Stokes get ahead of him?

GHA 23 January, 2020 15:08
Quote:
PV
How does Stokes get ahead of him?

Maybe there's a good rugby player in there the management are trying to coax out and they don't want to kill his confidence by binning him after a bad debut?

PV 23 January, 2020 15:13
Maybe, letís see.

GHA 23 January, 2020 15:19
Yep, just having a guess

olw131 23 January, 2020 19:27
Deccie has picked basically exactly the team I would pick given the players we have fit - I am fully in agreement with almost every selection here. This is nice, it sort of makes you feel like youíre not insane.

Should be a good test

ramseysaint 23 January, 2020 22:05
Quote:
Saintalex
Where are you getting about Franks giving away a lot of penalties this year? He has hardly played so far this and both have been injured and this is the first time they have played together for us:

They played together against Benetton.

Exilepaul 23 January, 2020 22:07
Quote:
olw131
Deccie has picked basically exactly the team I would pick given the players we have fit - I am fully in agreement with almost every selection here. This is nice, it sort of makes you feel like youíre not insane.
Should be a good test

I would have played Mafi, Dell and Matt Williams at 15

Lazyboy346 23 January, 2020 22:11
Quote:
Exilepaul
Quote:
olw131
Should be a good test

I know fullback is a concern but putting three players in a single shirt might not be a viable solution...

Smudge21 23 January, 2020 22:35
As far as I'm aware matt Williams has never played 15, would be crazy to put him there

Saintalex 24 January, 2020 08:54
Quote:
ramseysaint
Quote:
Saintalex

They played together against Benetton.

Ok they did, but only for 20 mins

Saint Stokey 24 January, 2020 10:58
Quote:
Lazyboy346
Quote:
Exilepaul
Quote:
olw131
Should be a good test

I know fullback is a concern but putting three players in a single shirt might not be a viable solution...

Is this your new fullback?

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/villains/images/c/cd/Threeheadedknight.png/revision/latest?cb=20160124103516

SixNineOne 24 January, 2020 11:55
Thatíll have the Saints players quaking in their boots...

tatthecraic2 24 January, 2020 19:58
Missed the build up. Why is Northampton wearing different socks?

Exile_Dave 24 January, 2020 22:16
Quote:
tatthecraic2
Missed the build up. Why is Northampton wearing different socks?

Representing schools apparently

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net