Latest news:

Bt Sports
Discussion started by Tom1215 , 29 January, 2020 14:06
Bt Sports
Tom1215 29 January, 2020 14:06
London irish will be on BT sports a total of zero times between now and week 19 of the prem season. Absolute joke!!!
Exeter x6
Bristol x 6
Even Leicester have 5 games live...
even worse Worc have 3 games.
Surely there needs to be a minimum of live games per team over the season?

Re: Bt Sports
GHA 29 January, 2020 14:12
Up to the team to reach a level of rugby that deems us 'worthy' of being shown on BT Sports. Knocking on the door of Top 6 would be a good start (Sm100)

x_ile 29 January, 2020 14:26
Think positive. Whilst LI are not on tv, they are under the radar so progress will not be noticed. (Sm160)

Griff 29 January, 2020 14:35
Fact is BT Sport don't think we're worth showing because we don't have massive support. You could prove them wrong if you get a load of people to write to them complaining, then they'd see that there is an audience for our games. I suspect our recent home crowds aren't making TV execs think "Irish" when selecting games.

dooj106 29 January, 2020 15:02
If you have a BetUk account, they stream every premiership game on their site

GHA 29 January, 2020 15:17
If we were top of the table with crowds of 47 we'd be on the telly. It's as much league position as it is attendance IMO

Shawshank 29 January, 2020 15:46
The atmosphere generally at the Madstad can be pretty downbeat for TV.

Against Bath they moved the cameras and commentators to a precarious looking eyrie at the top of the East Stand so that they could show the West Stand.

PV 29 January, 2020 16:00
Quote:
Shawshank
The atmosphere generally at the Madstad can be pretty downbeat for TV.
Against Bath they moved the cameras and commentators to a precarious looking eyrie at the top of the East Stand so that they could show the West Stand.

Donít I know it, was in my face

Smudge21 29 January, 2020 21:32
Surprised they aren't showing the paddy's day game on tv

Exilepaul 30 January, 2020 03:32
Quote:
Tom1215
London irish will be on BT sports a total of zero times between now and week 19 of the prem season. Absolute joke!!!
Exeter x6
Bristol x 6
Even Leicester have 5 games live...
even worse Worc have 3 games.
Surely there needs to be a minimum of live games per team over the season?

The tv picks are based on viewing figures regardless of where you are in the league that's why you have nothing games like Tigers v Wasps on tv and Sale who are better than both hardly ever on, I'd say Leicester must be on every 3 out of 4 rounds every season

tatthecraic2 30 January, 2020 09:28
Quote:
dooj106

I've got a bet uk account and App I cant seem to see an option to watch live.

I also find rugbypass streams but cant watch them. Is it because I'm based in the uk? Do I need a dodgy vpn or something?

GHA 30 January, 2020 10:07
I thought it was Bet365, or are they the same thing?

cjm. 30 January, 2020 10:20
Quote:
tatthecraic2
Quote:
dooj106

I also find rugbypass streams but cant watch them. Is it because I'm based in the uk? Do I need a dodgy vpn or something?

Could be. I am in the UK but I always use VPN, I suspect some ISPs block them, understandably. Could just be ad-blocker.

They do work though if you get all that out the way.

dooj106 30 January, 2020 10:33
Quote:
cjm.
Quote:
tatthecraic2
Quote:
dooj106

Could be. I am in the UK but I always use VPN, I suspect some ISPs block them, understandably. Could just be ad-blocker.

They do work though if you get all that out the way.

Not tried RugbyPass streams or used VPN's so can't really comment. With regards to BetUK I normally just go the list of premiership games and then there is a little play button next to it which starts the stream (you sometimes have to wait for the game to start)

dooj106 30 January, 2020 10:35
Quote:
GHA
I thought it was Bet365, or are they the same thing?

They are different and Bet365 have had some games, but as a premiership rugby sponsor this season BetUk stream all the games (no commentary though)

Margin_Walker 30 January, 2020 11:10
I've been watching prem games on Unibet this season. Small screen, but there is commentary on all games.

AlecW 30 January, 2020 12:37
I watch on Bet UK - best on something like an iPad or similar, so you can expand the screen to something useable. There was certainly commentary on the Saints game. I got the impression that is was a straight feed from BT Sport.

Other things to try are livetv.sx, sportstream.tv and viprow.net (only just started to use it, but seems very good), though the first two work on Flash, so if you are on an iPad, I recommend using a browser called Puffin, which enables Flash streams to be viewed on an iPad. You have to get rid of loads of ads (warning: sometimes p0rn0graphic) and malware invites to update your Flash player (DON'T...!!!), but if you have a good wifi connection, you can stream games no problem.

Foggy-Balla 30 January, 2020 18:03
Or people could do something radical like come to the matches (Sm14)

Faugh-a-Ballagh!

"Our prayer is 'God save Ireland' and pour blessings on her name!"

Vestigia Nulla Retrorsum

Tom1215 30 January, 2020 19:34
Well seeing as I live 250miles away from reading Iíll carry on watching them on Betuk. Thanks...

Foggy-Balla 31 January, 2020 08:05
Quote:
Tom1215
Well seeing as I live 250miles away from reading Iíll carry on watching them on Betuk. Thanks...

Not a TRUE SUPPORTER (TM) then (Sm14)

Faugh-a-Ballagh!

Vestigia Nulla Retrorsum

x_ile 31 January, 2020 13:01
Quote:
Foggy-Balla
Quote:
Tom1215

Not a TRUE SUPPORTER (TM) then (Sm14)

Surely gotta be more worthy 0f TRUE SUPPORTER status than by living on the doorstep. (Sm160)

Foggy-Balla 01 February, 2020 08:17
Quote:
x_ile
Surely gotta be more worthy 0f TRUE SUPPORTER status than by living on the doorstep. (Sm160)

I never claimed to be a TRUE SUPPORTER (TM) not indeed a SENIOR SUPPORTER (C). For starters I donít know the playersí inside leg measurements or wivesí star signs (Sm14)

Faugh-a-Ballagh!

Vestigia Nulla Retrorsum

LI Bohemian 01 February, 2020 11:52
Being a not very superstitious and casual dressing, I personally donít know either of these vital statistics, and I'm now very concerned about this lack knowledge, let alone the shpelling mishtakes!!

SixNineOne 02 February, 2020 09:07
Perhaps we could have a full blown debate about what constitutes a TRUE SUPPORTER ô. Aside from star signs and inside leg measurements, we could discuss which of us bleeds green, compare our heroic efforts to attend away matches in inhospitable places whilst downing copious amounts of beer/whiskey and even share photos of our London Irish crests tattooed on our nether regions...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net