Latest news:

More important than ever
Discussion started by Kinalp , 02 February, 2020 08:30
More important than ever
Kinalp 02 February, 2020 08:30
After a manic few weeks in the peen we have the best opportunity we have had for years to make a statement in the Prem.

In recent years we have been the whipping boys and not been taken too seriously as a team or club, and to yoyo between the leagues. I for one have had more than enough Ďbanterí thrown my way over the last few years.

With the threat of relegation over for this year, despite investment we have a great opportunity and to ensure other teams wake up and take us seriously. We have the start of a good squad now but going to wasps and Northampton and winning were massive and hopefully we can attract players who really want to play for Irish rather than players wanting a good pay day and leaving when the going gets tough!

So playing with the heart they have been and getting results and with the demise of teams like Leicester and wasps we have a great opportunity to make the first step forwards and keeping trying to push are way up the table!

COYI

Re: More important than ever
tatthecraic2 02 February, 2020 11:43
A number of things need to happen for this.

1. We need to be convincingly above relegation spot (to be confirmed)
2. A good coach with a record of winning that players believe they can learn from (complete)
3. Play a brand of rugby that is exciting a attractive to good players (to be confirmed)
4. Crowds that create a decent atmosphere and starts pushing us towards profitability (to be confirmed re brentford move)

So far 1 out of 4 things to make this happen in my eyes.

We are working towards it. But all success gets driven from winning. No one wants to watch a losing team and no one wants to play for a losing team unless it's for a lot of money.

Re: More important than ever
Bazzo 02 February, 2020 21:20
Quote:
tatthecraic2
A number of things need to happen for this.
1. We need to be convincingly above relegation spot (to be confirmed)
2. A good coach with a record of winning that players believe they can learn from (complete)
3. Play a brand of rugby that is exciting a attractive to good players (to be confirmed)
4. Crowds that create a decent atmosphere and starts pushing us towards profitability (to be confirmed re brentford move)

So far 1 out of 4 things to make this happen in my eyes.

We are working towards it. But all success gets driven from winning. No one wants to watch a losing team and no one wants to play for a losing team unless it's for a lot of money.

What is the correct answer for No 2? Kiss I presume? (Kidney being a technical director/DOR and not a coach). Not sure that it is one out of four. If it was then Q3 would be complete as well. Brad Davies has definitely added to our coaching ticket with defence, but that has been the only improvement, despite the obvious investment in the playing squad. We have a better group of players with real heart in them, but the brand of rugby is yet to be defined. Hopefully with the pressure of relegation removed we will see some evidence over the rest of the season.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net