Latest news:

Sean O'Brien
Discussion started by BaltiBoy , 04 February, 2020 20:06
Sean O'Brien
BaltiBoy 04 February, 2020 20:06
Just wondering if anyone has any news regarding SOB and more specifically when we might be likely to see him make his debut.

I know he seems to already be very vocal and influential in the dressing room, but I for one can't wait to see him on the pitch. A back row of him, Albert and Blair sounds very tasty!

Anyone have any idea or timelines regarding his rehab and subsequent start date?

Cheers & Beers
BB

Re: Sean O'Brien
Exile_Dave 04 February, 2020 20:36
I saw an article saying he hopes to be playing in a couple of weeks.

jimbo800 04 February, 2020 22:22
With prem survival guaranteed, thereís no point rushing him.

Lazyboy346 05 February, 2020 08:47
Agreed on not rushing him this season. I'd like to see him play the St Pat's game although a run out before that would be good, whether for the A team or first XV

LI Bohemian 05 February, 2020 09:12
There is an argument that he should play when he is ready without any delay, in order to get embedded into the team as soon as possible for the Brentford season.

jimbo800 05 February, 2020 09:56
In regards to a lot of our recruits, Iíd be happy to see some released on holiday a coupe of weeks early. There were some who got very little break from World Cup or club duties before getting on a flight. Theyíd better serve the team next season after a proper rest.

LI Bohemian 05 February, 2020 10:28
Can only think of giving Coleman a rest, he started before most and has proven himself instantly, the others need to be in the side to build the team.

Margin_Walker 05 February, 2020 10:47
Most of the squad spent last week on holiday to be fair. Coleman was in Dubai.

They are all sunning themselves training in Spain this week, so should hopefully be ready to hit the ground running.

PV 05 February, 2020 12:47
We should be aspiring to qualify for Europe!

Steelman 05 February, 2020 12:54
Quote:
PV

Jeez we only got feckin out last Friday🤓

Garym 05 February, 2020 13:56
Quote:
PV

You already are qualified for Europe, it is just which competition is to be decided. Pedantic I know, but it drives me up the wall!

PV 05 February, 2020 17:50
Quote:
Garym
Quote:
PV

You already are qualified for Europe, it is just which competition is to be decided. Pedantic I know, but it drives me up the wall!

As does pedantry

Garym 06 February, 2020 17:27
Quote:
PV
Quote:
Garym
Quote:
PV

As does pedantry

Touchť, but you have met your stated objective as you have qualified for Europe

tatthecraic2 10 February, 2020 22:13
Maybe he should start by changing his Twitter... still says Leinster player... jump in with both feet WOT!

Clontarf 11 February, 2020 10:52
One of the meanings of "qualify" is to achieve a certain standard.

As a team in the English Premiership we have automatic entry to The European Challenge Cup - no qualification is necessary.

Therefore, qualification can refer only to qualification for the Heineken Cup and I hope therefore that we qualify for Europe (Heineken Cup)

Pedant is my middle name

PV 11 February, 2020 11:16
Quote:
Clontarf
As a team in the English Premiership we have automatic entry to The European Challenge Cup - no qualification is necessary.

Therefore, qualification can refer only to qualification for the Heineken Cup and I hope therefore that we qualify for Europe (Heineken Cup)

Pedant is my middle name

I salute you

Clontarf 11 February, 2020 11:36
PV

Gracias lol

orsoncart 11 February, 2020 11:56
Back to the topic, he hasnít played much rugby for a long time. I would reckon it better to start playing him asap, not to set his recovery back, but to see whether he can get back to something approaching his best form.

The coaches need to know before recruiting for next year

Garym 11 February, 2020 17:48
Quote:
PV
Quote:
Clontarf

Pedant is my middle name

I salute you

When does the rugby start - back to my pedantry you can only play in the challenge cup if you are in the premiership, so you have qualified by right by being in the Premiership- next

Exile_Dave 14 February, 2020 11:59
OíBrien is near fitness and able to train in contact

[www.rugbypass.com]

rex96 15 February, 2020 19:56
Bumped in to him today at the game and well letís just say wasps are in for it !winking smiley

waltham 16 February, 2020 20:33
Quote:
rex96
Bumped in to him today at the game and well letís just say wasps are in for it !winking smiley
Fab!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net