Latest news:

Recruitment for next season
Discussion started by Exilepaul , 05 February, 2020 19:02
Recruitment for next season
Exilepaul 05 February, 2020 19:02
I was just wondering what everyone's thoughts were on where we need to strengthen for next season and who you'd like to sign? I think there will be outs than ins

Re: Recruitment for next season
Exilepaul 05 February, 2020 19:03
Quote:
Exilepaul
I was just wondering what everyone's thoughts were on where we need to strengthen for next season and who you'd like to sign? I think there will be outs than ins

*More outs than ins

Lazyboy346 05 February, 2020 22:31
I'd expect a couple of changes in the front row, probably lose more than add in the back five of the scrum (given the excellent crop of current academy players plus any coming up) and probably a few out from the half backs and outside backs to make room for Hassell-Collins and a game-changing centre/back three (if we can get one).

I'd expect Ben Atkins, Donnell and Englefield to be effectively around the senior team next season even while in the academy, and there looks like a decent crop of U18s to cherry pick from.

Tom1215 05 February, 2020 22:54
I think we need:
Full back-personally would like Goode or Chris Pennell. Bags of experience and still very good players.
Winger- someone who doesnít mind playing the odd game (4th choice behind Naholo, Loader and H-C)
12- a young Brad Barritt type of player.
Hooker- Experienced Hooked faingaa style with Ben Atkins getting most of the game time behind Porecki.
Props- lots of props. Kepu and Hoskins are fine but the other side of the scrum is weak. Although Iíd like to see Harry Elrington get some game time now as he was fantastic up against franks.

ExiledChameleon 06 February, 2020 02:46
Quote:
Tom1215

If only we could lure young Jonny W back home.

GHA 06 February, 2020 08:30
Quote:
ExiledChameleon
Quote:
Tom1215

If only we could lure young Jonny W back home.

Or someone better

dooj106 06 February, 2020 09:48
For me, a Full back without question and agreed on another winger....would love to have Lewington back.... him and Loader might be able to chase down re-starts and turn some poor kicks into good ones.

Think the best signing is one that has already been done in Ruan Botha. Was very good before he left.

Personally think props have been good with DHA and Harry really developing this season...would like to see more from Dell though.

Generally pack has stood up well so probably would focus back 3 and maybe centre....of course depends who is going as well

Exilepaul 06 February, 2020 17:08
Quote:
dooj106
For me, a Full back without question and agreed on another winger....would love to have Lewington back.... him and Loader might be able to chase down re-starts and turn some poor kicks into good ones.
Think the best signing is one that has already been done in Ruan Botha. Was very good before he left.

Personally think props have been good with DHA and Harry really developing this season...would like to see more from Dell though.

Generally pack has stood up well so probably would focus back 3 and maybe centre....of course depends who is going as well

The thought of Botha and Coleman as the 2nd row pairing is simply mouth watering I cant think of a better 2nd row in the prem next season

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net