Latest news:

Any Transfer Rumours?
Discussion started by tatthecraic2 , 10 February, 2020 19:22
Any Transfer Rumours?
tatthecraic2 10 February, 2020 19:22
Rather than talk about a wish list. Does anybody have any solid (or not so solid) rumours for us?

Re: Any Transfer Rumours?
Lazyboy346 10 February, 2020 19:41
Quins forum had a suggestion from a while back that we are looking at Max Crumpton at hooker. Late 20s, EQ from Sarries academy via Quins and Bristol. If true, would surely be a squad signing to allow Atkins to make the step up.

Exile_Dave 10 February, 2020 21:03
Devin Toner has been mentioned

I'd rather be a Paddy than a Quin!!

C'mon the boys in Green!!

LI Bohemian 10 February, 2020 21:55
Totally made up rumour (but this is how they start), Robbie Henshaw now following us on Twitter

tatthecraic2 10 February, 2020 22:02
Quote:
LI Bohemian
Totally made up rumour (but this is how they start), Robbie Henshaw now following us on Twitter

Oh Man! I'm going to get my Hope's up just because I love Transfer Rumours!

Shawshank 10 February, 2020 22:09
Mike Brown spotted in Sunbury Costa.

And Chris Robshaw seen alighting a 235 bus.

tatthecraic2 10 February, 2020 22:14
Quote:
Shawshank
Mike Brown spotted in Sunbury Costa.
And Chris Robshaw seen alighting a 235 bus.

Sold! I'll get my Hope's up on them as well...

SirBurger 11 February, 2020 08:25
Had also seen the Crumpton rumour. Would be a decent replacement for Fainga'a. Toner would seem like a strange use of cap given two of our biggest earners are already second rows. Henshaw would be awesome, but unlikely to happen. Was loose talk of Nathan Earle but again, feel like we are reasonably well-stocked on the wing. For me, the priorities have to be a hooker (Crumpton), tying Tuisue down, an abrasive flanker to step up for an ageing Cowan and a versatile back three who can play full back and cover the wing.

Marbo 11 February, 2020 11:35
A player I believe is out of contract that would cover our needs is Simon Zebo. Read that he's considering the MRL but surely a club in London with world class training facilities should tempt him (Sm100)

GHA 11 February, 2020 12:11
Quote:
Marbo
A player I believe is out of contract that would cover our needs is Simon Zebo. Read that he's considering the MRL but surely a club in London with world class training facilities should tempt him (Sm100)

His wage, @#$%& and ego would all be too big for us I think

Tom1215 12 February, 2020 23:10
I know people love an Instagram transfer rumour... Ngani Laumape and izack Rodda following is on Instagram.

fatlad76 13 February, 2020 15:50
Sounds like we need to look to replace Kolpak players for next year.

Florida 13 February, 2020 17:38
Quote:
fatlad76

If that happens we're going to be in significant trouble. Hopefully there will be sense from the RFU / PRL and they'll up the overseas player limit.

Margin_Walker 13 February, 2020 18:29
Lots of clubs will be in serious trouble.

I think the powers that be will find a way to fudge it to allow the status quo (or close to) to continue

SixNineOne 13 February, 2020 18:30
Quote:
Florida
Quote:
fatlad76

If that happens we're going to be in significant trouble. Hopefully there will be sense from the RFU / PRL and they'll up the overseas player limit.

ďSense from the RFU...Ē Not sure Iím familiar with this concept

Clontarf 14 February, 2020 09:40
If it's a Kolpak issue I think it's above the RFU's pay grade to make any decisions about it.

Kolpak derives from the much loved/much hated (delete as appropriate) European Court of Justice and relates to trade agreements.

Florida 14 February, 2020 10:21
Quote:
Clontarf
If it's a Kolpak issue I think it's above the RFU's pay grade to make any decisions about it.
Kolpak derives from the much loved/much hated (delete as appropriate) European Court of Justice and relates to trade agreements.

The RFU aren't making a decision on Kolpak, that's already done, its gone from 31 Dec 2020. What they can do is make a decision on increasing the number of overseas players allowed in the matchday squad which would help teams transition like us, Worcs and Sale transition away from having a large number of Kolpak players.

Griff 14 February, 2020 10:58
Surely Kolpak was enforced because we had trade deals with the Kolpak countries and the EUCoJ forced clubs/leagues to accept players from those countries as non-foreign. If Kolpak goes away the clubs/leagues could simply carry-on using the existing arrangement if they wanted to? Of course the players and clubs would have to make sure work-permits were up to scratch but the foreign players rule is up to the sport.

CharlieG 14 February, 2020 12:15
I think that the point is that PRL limits the number of 'overseas' players on the pitch at any one time. The Kolpak rules mean that players from some countries are not currently counted as 'overseas'. Once the Kolpak rules disappear after the end of the year, then the number of 'overseas' players in squads suddenly increases.

It would be sensible at that point to increase the number of 'overseas' players allowed and/or make special allowances for contracts already in place. This would be entirely in the control of PRL, although the RFU may need to confirm the decision. I suspect that the new 'owners' of PRL would like to have their say, in order to keep 'attractive' foreigners in the competition.

I also wonder where the status of Scottish, Welsh and Irish players will end up in this.

Tom1215 14 February, 2020 12:30
and back to the rumours transfer rumours....

tatthecraic2 14 February, 2020 12:51
Quote:
Tom1215
and back to the rumours transfer rumours....

Yep. Let's try and stay on topic here all. Start a new thread if you want to discuss the Kolpak player issue 🙂

Florida 14 February, 2020 14:51
Kolpak is on topic, the rumour is we need to replace them. winking smiley

waltham 14 February, 2020 16:16
I agree with Florida as "transfers" would indeed include players potentially leaving The Club

tatthecraic2 14 February, 2020 18:07
Quote:
waltham
I agree with Florida as "transfers" would indeed include players potentially leaving The Club

So who would have to leave due to these rules?

Florida 14 February, 2020 21:20
Quote:
tatthecraic2
Quote:
waltham

So who would have to leave due to these rules?

Well, technically all South Africans and South Sea Islanders. They may of course sort out their right to work in the UK and therefore not have to leave, the problem with that is that under current rulings you can only have two over seas players on the pitch.

waltham 16 February, 2020 20:30
12 of our senior squad according to a list published in The Mail last week. Worcs next most affected.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net