Latest news:

Team v Quinns
Discussion started by Fursa , 14 February, 2020 12:03
Team v Quinns
Fursa 14 February, 2020 12:03
London Irish:
15 Ben Loader, 14 Waisake Naholo, 13 Curtis Rona, 12 Terrence Hepetema, 11 Ollie Hassell-Collins, 10 Stephen Myler, 9 Ben Meehan, 1 Harry Elrington, 2 Dave Porecki, 3 Sekope Kepu, 4 Franco van der Merwe ©, 5 Adam Coleman, 6 Matt Rogerson, 7 Blair Cowan, 8 Albert Tuisue
Replacements:
16 Ben Atkins, 17 Allan Dell, 18 Ollie Hoskins, 19 Steve Mafi, 20 Ben Donnell, 21 Nick Phipps, 22 Matt Williams, 23 James Stokes

Re: Team v Quinns
Exilepaul 14 February, 2020 12:09
Good looking team with a decent bench let's go get a W tomorrow people COYI

Smudge21 14 February, 2020 12:10
That back 3 could cause absolute carnage!

tatthecraic2 14 February, 2020 12:52
So great to see Loader back

shimmieandshake 14 February, 2020 13:03
Interested to see how Loader goes in defence especially. Difficult positionally. Especially with the forecast wind. But going forward, should give him space to shred.

SixNineOne 14 February, 2020 16:16
Referee: JP Doyle (178th Premiership game)
ARs: Mike Hudson & Greg Macdonald
TMO: Sean Davey
Citing Officer: John Byett

paddym 14 February, 2020 16:58
Quins have 2 x scrum halves on the bench including Niall Saunders son of former Irish player Rob.

RodB 15 February, 2020 14:43
Blair drops out due to illness. Donnell steps up and TJ onto the bench. I fear we may miss his 25 tackles per game in these conditions.

ExiledChameleon 15 February, 2020 14:46
Quote:
RodB
Blair drops out due to illness. Donnell steps up and TJ onto the bench. I fear we may miss his 25 tackles per game in these conditions.

That's not good. He always sets the tone in terms of commitment and really seems to push the team on.

Alphacat 15 February, 2020 15:09
Not seeing the stream on Unibet, only seeing TigersvWasps and SaracensvSale as streamable games...

Alphacat 15 February, 2020 15:15
[www.bbc.co.uk]

Radio here if anyone wants

ExiledChameleon 15 February, 2020 15:41

cjm. 15 February, 2020 15:46
Decent half, especially considering the weather.

See if playing into the wind changes things.

Margin_Walker 15 February, 2020 15:47
Nice to have a 14 point lead at HT. I guess we'll see how much that wind is worth after the break.

tatthecraic2 15 February, 2020 15:48
Quote:
ExiledChameleon
Quote:
RodB

That's not good. He always sets the tone in terms of commitment and really seems to push the team on.

I've got to Say Donnell is a good rugby player. He could be great. Hes very comfortable at this level.
Matt Rogerson is having a cracker as well.

USA goals.video has the stream for watching the rugby pass stream.

ExiledChameleon 15 February, 2020 15:48
We've looked good when we have the ball, a few stupid mistakes, but a strong defensive performance on the whole.

Loader has had a couple opportunities to back himself and hasn't taken them.

tatthecraic2 15 February, 2020 15:48
Quote:
ExiledChameleon
We've looked good when we have the ball, a few stupid mistakes, but a strong defensive performance on the whole.
Loader has had a couple opportunities to back himself and hasn't taken them.

3ish months out. Needs to get back on the horse. He still looks quite dangerous

M51 15 February, 2020 15:49
You can watch it on Betuk

M51 15 February, 2020 16:09
Streaming has gone down. Must be Dennis(Sm62)

frank2u 15 February, 2020 16:26
10-17 tough last quarter to go agin wind...

LI Bohemian 15 February, 2020 16:31
Just watching the wasps v tigers game the official is a joke.

frank2u 15 February, 2020 16:31
charge down for li's 3rd try, converted!
10-24 makes it a little easier to play

tatthecraic2 15 February, 2020 16:37
Hate to be negative during a good match... but Phipps is very pedestrian...so far.

cjm. 15 February, 2020 16:45
Quote:
tatthecraic2
Hate to be negative during a good match... but Phipps is very pedestrian...so far.

Agreed ( apart from Naholo spoiling a good run for him ). Neither scrum half seems to have much bite.

frank2u 15 February, 2020 16:48
try to quins 15-24 four minutes left

penalty to li, go for bonus or safety?

ExiledChameleon 15 February, 2020 16:50
Quote:
frank2u
try to quins 15-24 four minutes left
penalty to li, go for bonus or safety?

8 ahead, always BP. Plus wastes some more time down their end.

frank2u 15 February, 2020 16:50
Try li!
5 points at the stoop

cjm. 15 February, 2020 16:51
Bonus point!!!!!!!

Alphacat 15 February, 2020 16:51
Woo! (Sm60)

ExiledChameleon 15 February, 2020 16:52
Stokes has looked far more assured in the two games since his debut.

ExiledChameleon 15 February, 2020 16:52
5-0 win at the Stoop. Quins haven't beaten up since 2016.

M51 15 February, 2020 16:58
Fantastic result ..

Nick4219 15 February, 2020 17:00
What an absolutely great result!

Listened on the Quins radio who were pretty fair actually. Nice to see the team didnít panic after a couple of Quins scores and hold out and get the BP at the end.

Sounds like we had a great defensive effort again and a few turnovers, Tuisue mentioned a lot so can someone tell me who won MoTM.

COYI

shimmieandshake 15 February, 2020 17:07
Really, really like Donnell. Very assured.

Coleman probably MOTM. The guy is everywhere. Wins collisions. Proper pest.

Rogerson and Albert had good shifts. Hepetema good also.

dooj106 15 February, 2020 17:07
Quote:
tatthecraic2

I can see what you mean but he was assured and in dreadful conditions kicked pretty well. There were no silly kicks out on full like we saw in 6 nations last week. Essentially he brought his international experience which was exactly what was needed...... roll on next week

ExiledChameleon 15 February, 2020 17:20
Quote:
shimmieandshake
Really, really like Donnell. Very assured.
Coleman probably MOTM. The guy is everywhere. Wins collisions. Proper pest.

Rogerson and Albert had good shifts. Hepetema good also.

Coleman's a proper leader, a lot like Blair, leads from the front and is seemingly in every contact area.

I'm really looking forward to Coleman and Botha kitting up alongside each other next year.

WRT Phipps, I thought that he was pretty decent, no silly mistakes and a bit of coolness to help us close the game out. Meehan was a right livewire.

LI Bohemian 15 February, 2020 19:13
The little I saw of the game, I was impressed so much with Albert, what a gem, the guy is a machine.

Gazzle 15 February, 2020 19:36
So pleased with this result. Not there but I know the conditions were incredibly difficult today. Want to hear all the positives! Sounds like Coleman and Albert we're good. Tbh we're a good side these days. Looking forward to drier days though to see the speedsters show their capabilities.

BaltiBoy 15 February, 2020 20:17
Firstly what an exceptional performance by the the lads today.

Coleman was an absolute beast. So strong and powerful, and in horrific conditions his line out work was outstanding too. Credit to Porecki as well, darts were good all day.

Honorable mentions to VDM, Rogerson and Albert for huge workrate. Rona and Hepetema were defensively solid too keeping the powerful Lasike at bay.

Can't forget Smiler to who made some important kicks and generally hit his touch finders.

Thought Loader looked composed at FB especially given it was his first game back.

Although I have singled a few players out the actual highlight was the teams overall defensive performance. It was brutal at times.

Every player contributed today and put in a massive shift, the commitment from the whole squad was exceptional.

COYI

Cheers & Beers
BB

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/02/2020 20:19 by BaltiBoy.

GHA 15 February, 2020 20:36
This is a highlight from the Quins board:

Quote:
The last Irish try was a travesty, we were trying to run it out, Irish were offside at, least twice and then there was a high tackle. Irish managed to steal and we were immediately pinged for offside. At the lineout we pulled it down befir it moved an inch, yet still JP. gave another penalty. And then set the mak on the line of the lineout. From the lineout mail the Irish player drove one of his colleagues across the line in front of him to score. This was not one of JP's best days. Also as he trains with Irish why is he allowed to ref games with them. He was definitely one eyed today and the Chisholm try was a classic example. He was definitely looking for a reason to disallow the try. I'm sorry but today he was close to being a cheat.

Ignoring the obstruction for their disallowed try, poor call and confusion for their first, and forward passes for their second. Oh, and the penalty for offside that JP then realised was actually open play and therefore shouldn't've been a penalty at all - he apologised to us as he was playing advantage and said 'I've given it now, sorry...' Presumably you can't 'cancel' advantage or just say advantage over or award the team in possession a scrum, JP?

I thought his performance was fine, to be honest, fair, down the middle, the same for both sides etc etc

Florida 15 February, 2020 20:47
Quote:
GHA
Quote:
The last Irish try was a travesty, we were trying to run it out, Irish were offside at, least twice and then there was a high tackle. Irish managed to steal and we were immediately pinged for offside. At the lineout we pulled it down befir it moved an inch, yet still JP. gave another penalty. And then set the mak on the line of the lineout. From the lineout mail the Irish player drove one of his colleagues across the line in front of him to score. This was not one of JP's best days. Also as he trains with Irish why is he allowed to ref games with them. He was definitely one eyed today and the Chisholm try was a classic example. He was definitely looking for a reason to disallow the try. I'm sorry but today he was close to being a cheat.

Ignoring the obstruction for their disallowed try, poor call and confusion for their first, and forward passes for their second. Oh, and the penalty for offside that JP then realised was actually open play and therefore shouldn't've been a penalty at all - he apologised to us as he was playing advantage and said 'I've given it now, sorry...' Presumably you can't 'cancel' advantage or just say advantage over or award the team in possession a scrum, JP?

I thought his performance was fine, to be honest, fair, down the middle, the same for both sides etc etc

Most of us only see the refs mistakes when they're against the team we support, myself included in that. I do find it comical that 99% of the time we're 100% not Irish, except when JP is reffing us, then we're definitely Irish and he shouldn't be allowed to ref us.

cjm. 15 February, 2020 21:04
Anyone who thinks there wasn't obstruction for that disallowed try has one fewer than one eye.

Badger 66 15 February, 2020 21:14
I think the touch judge had a shocker.

LONDON IRISH ? TO THE BACK BONE !!

ExiledChameleon 15 February, 2020 21:36
Quote:
GHA
Quote:

Doyle is vastly better this year. He's become a really good communicator, lets the game flow, and largely gets things right. Today on balance I don't think that he influenced the game at all (which is great for a ref).

Today really affirmed to me that Heps-Rona is by far our best centre partnership. They work vastly better together than separately. This year we're now 4-1 with them starting, 0-1-4 (W-D-L) without them starting.

Shawshank 15 February, 2020 22:04
Just seen the highlights and Coleman and Rona were both immense.

Great win for the boys, must do the self belief a massive boost.

Roll on top 4!

cjm. 15 February, 2020 22:09
Quote:
Shawshank
Just seen the highlights and Coleman and Rona were both immense.
Great win for the boys, must do the self belief a massive boost.

Roll on top 4!

Every time I see Coleman everything looks incongruous. Someone that tall and lanky shouldn't be that strong and dynamic.

M51 15 February, 2020 22:13
I like JP Doyle always seems fair and talks to players and assistants. Refereeing is never perfect. Irish totally deserved the win, great defense from all. I thought Seps and Rona played really well. They and Myler were the calm in the storm. MOM is a hard one but would give it to Rona, for great endeavour. COYI

millhillexile 16 February, 2020 10:57
Why is it that when we win that the media portray it that the other team threw it away? Had to laugh at ď a great performance from Alex Dombrandt but not enough to stop London IrishĒ. What about Coleman, Kepu and Rona who gave a collective performance to secure the win. Irish have found a way to win dirty with some nice attacking moments. The break from OHC deserved a try. When was last time we won 3 in a row? Letís hope next week does just that.

DaveTVT 16 February, 2020 11:31
"Why is it that when we win that the media portray it that the other team threw it away? Had to laugh at ď a great performance from Alex Dombrandt but not enough to stop London IrishĒ.

I absolutely love it when the media give us no credit. Never bothers me at all. Just means they continue to underestimate us. So long as we keep a high level of intensity then the media are taking pressure away. What was it Gary Player once said? "The harder i practice, the luckier I get"

Shawshank 16 February, 2020 12:00
To be fair, Dombrandt is probably currently Premiership Player of the season so far, and his omission by Fast Eddie is a hot topic. From the highlights he also seemed to have another excellent game.

Anyone at the Stoop can confirm whether we had any injuries yesterday?

Great to see Loader back.

millhillexile 16 February, 2020 12:27
Iíd add Dave Ewers of Exeter to a list of Quality back row players. Never seems to have a bad game.

SirBurger 16 February, 2020 12:38
I thought Dombrandt was pretty average to be fair. Does the flash stuff, but can see why Eddie isn't keen.

BaltiBoy 16 February, 2020 12:47
Shawshank - I didn't see any injuries yesterday or anything significant.

However this is pure speculation that Naholo's knee is not right. I know it was cold but saw him specifically warming it up and when walking seemed to favour his other leg.

Probably just my eyesight but I'm sure his knee is not great at the moment.

Cheers & Beers
BB

SirBurger 16 February, 2020 12:48
He looked to be limping when he went off for Stokes, but didn't look like anything serious. No other injuries that I could see.

Shawshank 16 February, 2020 12:50
SB - But If youíve got the hardworking Curry and Underhill at 6&7 , you can give a wider range to The Dominator at 8?

Cheers BB, good to hear nothing bad.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/02/2020 12:52 by Shawshank.

GHA 16 February, 2020 13:33
Dombrandt (and Lasike) were nowhere near the performances they put in against Sarries. Maybe it was because they didn't fancy it, or the weather wasn't great, or maybe, just maybe, we nullified their threat with an excellent defensive display against them...

SirBurger 16 February, 2020 13:38
Quote:
Shawshank
SB - But If youíve got the hardworking Curry and Underhill at 6&7 , you can give a wider range to The Dominator at 8?
Cheers BB, good to hear nothing bad.

Perhaps, if that's the game you want to play. But I don't think that is the style of 8 that Eddie likes. He prefers them carrying tight to the breakdown in traffic, whereas Dombrandt almost plays like a third centre at times.

cjm. 16 February, 2020 14:51
Quote:
BaltiBoy
Shawshank - I didn't see any injuries yesterday or anything significant.
However this is pure speculation that Naholo's knee is not right. I know it was cold but saw him specifically warming it up and when walking seemed to favour his other leg.

Probably just my eyesight but I'm sure his knee is not great at the moment.

Yup, noticeable that he was testing out on occasion.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net