Latest news:

Meet the coaches
Discussion started by Exile_Dave , 27 February, 2020 11:24
Meet the coaches
Exile_Dave 27 February, 2020 11:24
Anyone who attended the Meet the coaches care to brief us on what happened/said?

Re: Meet the coaches
GHA 27 February, 2020 11:38
If you weren't there you aren't allowed to know

tatthecraic2 27 February, 2020 14:27
Quote:
GHA

First rule of fight club...

GHA 27 February, 2020 14:53
Quote:
tatthecraic2
Quote:
GHA

First rule of fight club...

Except on this board it's first rule of publicised, open, anyone-can-attend meetings...

Bill the chip 27 February, 2020 16:25
Firstly, it was a great night and thanks to the coaches and lisc for making it happen. Secondly, this was an evening of general rugby chat with NO big announcements for this board... sorry!

There will be some comings and goingís in recruitment , but nowhere near the scale of last year... infact the squad will be smaller, with hopefully the likes of Ollie, Ben Donnelll etc coming thru.

The 2 things that stuck out for me was the fact there is no panic in the coaching team, with all the changes pre/mid season they werenít expecting their game plans and ethics to stick, till after xmas.. ie now. With that in mind, the Saracens story was never going to have any bearing on our own story.... they are far from happy at survival alone...infact Brad was really irked that the press are saying weíve been saved by the whole fiasco.

The reason we do not hear about injured players and new signings is because Declan feels it is poor form on the incoming player, So for example last week , instead of bemoaning the loss of Waisake... Matty Williams should feel like the coaches and us fans are right behind him.... they are ALL one team.The same goes for signings.... because these are guys livelihoods are at stake he is giving fringe players as much time as poss to prove themselves contract worthy.... not already announce we have someone to replace them......think you are starting to see this in Saracens performances.... guys looking for contracts or thinking about their futures arenít truly in the Wolfpack.. so to speak!!!

SirBurger 27 February, 2020 16:49
Thanks Bill smiling smiley

Margin_Walker 27 February, 2020 16:59
Thanks Bill. Think I remember someone saying the deal Ollie signed last season was final year in the academy and a senior contract for next season. Wouldn't surprise me if they upped whatever they were due to be paying him next season in order to tie him into a longer term deal.

Would expect there to fewer signings this season now we are much nearer (at?) the cap. We made the jump up in quality and now have a competitive squad. There is less of a need or ability to make radical changes and just not losing anyone we would be keen to keep (Tuisui for example) should be the aim of the game, whilst strengthening a couple of areas.

Exile_Dave 27 February, 2020 17:17
Thanks Bill

GHA 27 February, 2020 19:14
Thanks Bill thumbs down

norg2072 28 February, 2020 08:04
It's a shame the LISC don't advertise events through the weekly Blarney/Craic/Hazelwood emails, unless I missed it. I heard there were only 30 people at this event.

Good to hear the general positivity within the coaching team. I share Brad's annoyance with commentators/pundits saying that we have been saved by saracens and the reluctance to embrace our new found form this season! At least we have moved up the order of play on the highlights shows, as we used to get the last 30secs.

exile99 28 February, 2020 08:54
Quote:
norg2072
It's a shame the LISC don't advertise events through the weekly Blarney/Craic/Hazelwood emails, unless I missed it. I heard there were only 30 people at this event.

It was advertised in the last Exile Files - which gets emailed to all LISC members. If you didn't receive it then perhaps they don't have your current email address, or your membership has lapsed.

Let them know if you didn't get it - membership@lisc.uk

It was also posted on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
[instagram.com] [twitter.com] [facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/02/2020 16:59 by exile99.

NickK 29 February, 2020 20:01
Thanks so much for the update Bill. I take the point from Declan in keeping the motivation behind the players available for selection, but at the same time we should be able to support the wellbeing of those players who would/could be available for selection, were they not undergoing treatment. Surely there is a way to update on both? Thoughts anyone?

jimbo800 29 February, 2020 21:06
In regards to updates, when Jackson pulled up against Bath it was clear his hamstring had snapped. The one draw back of playing a playmaker at 15 is he didnít have the pace required to chase the likes of Watson. Thankfully we did ok without him so far but weíve lost the chance to bring him into the team. Myler is the biggest reason he hasnít featured at ten. Myler has made a career of keeping Ďsurperstarsí out of his shirt. He did it at Northampton with spencer and geraghty. Iíd love to know if myler is signed for next year.

GHA 29 February, 2020 23:11
Quote:
jimbo800
In regards to updates, when Jackson pulled up against Bath it was clear his hamstring had snapped. The one draw back of playing a playmaker at 15 is he didnít have the pace required to chase the likes of Watson. Thankfully we did ok without him so far but weíve lost the chance to bring him into the team. Myler is the biggest reason he hasnít featured at ten. Myler has made a career of keeping Ďsurperstarsí out of his shirt. He did it at Northampton with spencer and geraghty. Iíd love to know if myler is signed for next year.

So Jackson's out for a little while yet?

LI Bohemian 01 March, 2020 00:06
As a player I've had my hamstring go, but have never had it completely snap, this could be a four week or six month lay off depending on the severity of the injury.

SirBurger 01 March, 2020 00:18
Quote:
jimbo800

I was actually astounded by Jacksonís pace in chasing back. He had to turn with the ball dropped behind him and he almost caught up with Watson. Not bad for a fly half. Would be interested to know what you think if you rewatch the clip. Hope that doesnít sound condescending. I just thought it showed how quick he was.

jimbo800 01 March, 2020 01:50
Thereís quick and then thereís chasing Watson who we know better than most is rapid. It was a lot to ask of a player who was never known for pace. Going by tv replays get pulled up quickly and went off. Unfortunately we assume the worst given his name hasnít been mentioned and he hasnít been seen in any training videos.

NickK 01 March, 2020 07:40
That was my point on injury updates. Yes, we should get behind the team we have available in front of us and champion their performance, but with our other potential talent, some higher remunerated than others, it would be great to get an insight into their wellbeing and recovery, in particular where they have been absent for some time. As an example, we have seen Sean O'brien in a training video now. Will he play soon? There are also other expensive talents in the treatment room, that we have looked to market our premiership credentials around. Why not share more openly on how they are recuperating? This does not have to be damaging to the current available squad.

GHA 01 March, 2020 08:29
Quote:
NickK
That was my point on injury updates. Yes, we should get behind the team we have available in front of us and champion their performance, but with our other potential talent, some higher remunerated than others, it would be great to get an insight into their wellbeing and recovery, in particular where they have been absent for some time. As an example, we have seen Sean O'brien in a training video now. Will he play soon? There are also other expensive talents in the treatment room, that we have looked to market our premiership credentials around. Why not share more openly on how they are recuperating? This does not have to be damaging to the current available squad.

Maybe it's keeping team news from the opposition too

NickK 01 March, 2020 08:57
Quote:
GHA
Quote:
NickK

Maybe it's keeping team news from the opposition too

GHA, yes I would say you have a good point. Best wishes to all the squad whatever their current form, and let's hope the on pitch performance momentum continues this afternoon. Here's to all of the 16th men/women supporters wrapping up to be at The Madejski today. Come on you Irish!

Exile_Dave 01 March, 2020 20:14
Quote:
NickK

Was at the game today and Brendan Macken and Saia Fainga both announced progress on their injuries

Brendan (shoulder injury) was operated last November and hoping to be back in 5-6 weeks.

Saia (Back injury) will be back in 2 weeks

NickK 03 March, 2020 20:27
Thanks Dave, yes was there too to hear this. I hope to see both back soon, wishing them a good recovery, along with our other recuperating squad members.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net