Latest news:

Sergio Parisse to Irish?
Discussion started by Ecksile , 06 March, 2020 12:08
Sergio Parisse to Irish?
Ecksile 06 March, 2020 12:08
Just appeared on Ruck

Re: Sergio Parisse to Irish?
Smudge21 06 March, 2020 12:09
Parisse in his prime...yes! Parisse now... no thanks!

Exilepaul 06 March, 2020 12:21
Another past it player looking for a nice piece of pie before retirement it's weird how these players are interested in coming now that we are loaded with CVC money but wouldnt touch us with a bardge poll when we were rubbish and getting relegated

GHA 06 March, 2020 12:39
Quote:
is set to captain his country to yet another Rugby World Cu later this year when they head to Japan.

Sounds like it's not particularly recent...

cjm. 06 March, 2020 12:49
Was a great player with emphasis on was. Too many miles on the clock now. He is in the second half of his thirties for goodness sake. His knee replacements must be on standby.

Florida 06 March, 2020 14:02
This messageboard: Parisse far too old and passed it
Also this messageboard: Franco has been playing out of his skin and I hope we can have him for another year

Parisse is the younger of the two.

While I agree with you all that Parisse is old, I'm not entirely sure I'd say he's passed it yet. He's still putting in a decent shift week in week out for Toulon.

GHA 06 March, 2020 14:08
Not sure he's playing 'week in week out' and he'd be much more expensive than Franco, presumably

Florida 06 March, 2020 14:11
Quote:
GHA
Not sure he's playing 'week in week out' and he'd be much more expensive than Franco, presumably

I looked at the last 5 or 6 games and so stated week in week out, didn't go back further than that.

For the record, I'm not for the signing, just pointing out that we shouldn't jump to conclusions based on one factor alone.

GHA 06 March, 2020 14:17
He might've been injured but has only made 10 appearances out of a possible 20 I believe

Still not sure how recent this rumour is given what's stated in the linked article...

shimmieandshake 06 March, 2020 15:16
They're different roles - back row requires more dynamism, which is more difficult with age - and given his profile, I expect Parisse would command much higher salary than FVDM.

I think it falls into the same category as Abendanon - would be fantastic if we had the money and there was no cap, but surely more value elsewhere.

GHA 06 March, 2020 15:18
Even if we had the money and there was no cap, I'd rather spend the money on others than Parisse and Abendanon, with all due respect to them who were quality at their peaks

Gazzle 06 March, 2020 15:28
The next Chris Sheasby

cjm. 06 March, 2020 16:56
Quote:
Florida
This messageboard: Parisse far too old and passed it
Also this messageboard: Franco has been playing out of his skin and I hope we can have him for another year

Parisse is the younger of the two.

While I agree with you all that Parisse is old, I'm not entirely sure I'd say he's passed it yet. He's still putting in a decent shift week in week out for Toulon.

What I have seen of him in the last years or so tells me he simply doesn't have the punch anymore. If he was a backup/inexpensive option then fair enough but I don't think that would be the case.

Tom1215 06 March, 2020 17:47
Would be a great move even if it was for just a year. Especially for pushing Albert Tuisue on to the next level.
Heís still class at whatever age he is. He was awesome against us when Toulon beat us home and away.

RodB 06 March, 2020 18:28
I'm not sure Albert needs much pushing ☺

Tom1215 06 March, 2020 18:43
Thanks ROD but Iím personally hoping Albert becomes one of the best 8s in rugby. Heís well on his way but thereís areas of his game that can be worked on with having a team mate like Sergio Parisse who has been the worlds best 8 at points in his career can only push that. Thanks!!

GHA 06 March, 2020 18:58
That's what the coaches are for

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net