Latest news:

Transfer news?
Discussion started by Exilepaul , 10 March, 2020 14:53
Transfer news?
Exilepaul 10 March, 2020 14:53
Its awfully quiet on the ins and outs has anyone heard anything?

Re: Transfer news?
LI Bohemian 10 March, 2020 15:38
Although I'm totally against it, I've heard that Flairs are coming in, swish, swish, swish,

bigbitty 10 March, 2020 17:41
Oh, don't be a loon!

Jonny_C 10 March, 2020 19:26
I wish you'd refrain from swinging your pants :-)

LI Bohemian 11 March, 2020 12:19
On a more serious note, I see that Gloucester and Bristol are involved in a year long babysitting deal with Sarries for three players, these clubs are the ones involved in duel registering players to Hartbury to ease the salary cap for injury cover I can only see the loop holes getting bigger.

Tom1215 11 March, 2020 13:47
Supposedly made contact over a loan for Nick Tompkins according to The Rick. Not sure how far we got with that.

nimblehippo 11 March, 2020 22:10
don't see the logic in that one - will be unavailable for large parts of the season, though right position.

Exile_Dave 11 March, 2020 22:50
Not in our interest to do loans as we need to crest a permanent core rather then helping the cheats.

Tom1215 28 March, 2020 13:15
Callum Clark???
Just read as a potential leaver for saracens on the ruck with London irish as the club named.
Any ideas how true?

Lazyboy346 28 March, 2020 16:06
Clark would be an odd signing given we've got fairly decent back row resources (plus lots of prospects in the academy) and it probably isn't a priority area to reinforce unless we are losing one of our starters.

On a personal basis, I'd also be very much against signing him given his assault on Rob Hawkins a few years back which should really have resulted in a life ban.

LI Bohemian 28 March, 2020 16:19
He seems to be a bit of a thug, it may be that he has turned a corner as far as seeing himself as a bit of an "enforcer" and has grown up, but at 30 he seems to be a bit passed it, as Lazyboy said, being well stocked in that department doesn't make him a wish list topper.

PV 28 March, 2020 16:48
Utter thug and we have better. No thank you

shimmieandshake 28 March, 2020 17:08
Agree with the above. The Hawkins incident was possibly the worst thing I've seen on a rugby pitch, and it's far from his only faux pas. Would be very disappointed to see him play for us.

I can't imagine any signings are getting made in the current circumstances? Or maybe some thrifty execs are scrambling to make signings during the uncertainty? Suspect it's the former, but you never know.

Tom1215 28 March, 2020 22:16
Totally forgot about that and hope he gets nowhere near our club.

Exile_Dave 28 March, 2020 22:57
Definitely not someone I want at our club. Thug.

[m.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/03/2020 22:58 by Exile_Dave.

Exilepaul 29 March, 2020 00:43
I really hope we dont sign Clark never mind the "misfit brothers" we could be labelled the "asshole brothers" with the roster we are building

rugbygibbo 29 March, 2020 13:12
Who are the misfit brothers ?

Exile_Dave 29 March, 2020 14:57
Quote:
rugbygibbo
Who are the misfit brothers ?

LI are described as the “misfit brothers” because they come from all over the world.

Florida 29 March, 2020 15:17
It's really sad that people are defined by their past mistakes. He was certainly a thug and an ar*ehole in his early career, now he's using those experiences to help young offenders.

It's a shame our main media outlets only really ever publish the negative stories (outside of match reports).

M51 29 March, 2020 17:00
Misfit brothers are also an American Punk Rock band. [:wor kid:]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net