Latest news:

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Transfer news?
Exile_Dave 07 May, 2020 19:09
Iíd agree with that Ecksile.

Margin_Walker 25 May, 2020 13:07
We'll we have our first confirmed signing for next year. Lucas Brooke included in the Senior Academy intake. His dad let the cat out the bag.

[amp.rugbypass.com]

Lazyboy346 25 May, 2020 13:27
Lot of potential if he's anywhere near as good as his dad. Playing back row and hooker will be useful if squad sizes are going to shrink in future.

Anyone able to guess at the four or five Wellington College friends joining the academy might be?

Margin_Walker 25 May, 2020 14:02
Quote:
Lazyboy346
Lot of potential if he's anywhere near as good as his dad. Playing back row and hooker will be useful if squad sizes are going to shrink in future.
Anyone able to guess at the four or five Wellington College friends joining the academy might be?

Not sure, seems too many as St Pauls have had a great year and have some stand out players

Definitely Marcus Rhodes. Hector Elrington looked really good for Wellington earlier in the season, but then didn't feature for the U18s. Not sure if he was injured or just missed out. Bradbury is still a year young I think

Wellington have a couple more stand out players, but they are Quins lads

LiKR43 25 May, 2020 14:39
I'd agree - there were only three Wellington players in the U18s finals squad (and I think most of the season) There were lots of the St Paul's lads and a few Whitgift boys as well as individuals from other schools

Margin_Walker 25 May, 2020 14:42
Quote:
LiKR43
I'd agree - there were only three Wellington players in the U18s finals squad (and I think most of the season) There were lots of the St Paul's lads and a few Whitgift boys as well as individuals from other schools

Yep, Non St Paul's or Wellington lads like Vajner and Joseph will surely be in there.

LiKR43 25 May, 2020 14:54
On the season ticket holders' zoom forum a few weeks ago it was 7 new academy players I think Declan Kidney said

Margin_Walker 25 May, 2020 15:16
So if it's 7, I'd guess something like:

Brooke
Rhodes
Haffar
Joseph
Vajner
Dykes
Morgan

With the likes of Davis, Harmes, Keohane and Brown also in the mix. Probably forgotten someone obvious there.

LiKR43 25 May, 2020 15:36
Between those 11 sounds like a good guess to me - hoping they tell us soon so we actually know. Do you think we'd take another young scrum half assuming we still have Brand and Englefield? But then we already have a lot of academy back row (Smart, Belcher, Moore-Aiono, Rossiter, with Curtis-Harris just ahead) and Brookes is another back row unless he is going to change to hooker (and Rhodes as well if he comes)

Margin_Walker 25 May, 2020 16:08
It's pretty hard to get it down to 7 really. Some promising players are going to miss out.

I think they'll take Morgan. He seemed pretty instrumental to St Pauls in their run and having two 9s in the senior academy wouldn't be that unusual.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net