Latest news:

Pay Cut
Discussion started by Ecksile , 20 March, 2020 13:43
Pay Cut
Ecksile 20 March, 2020 13:43
Wuss and Wasps reporting 25% pay cut for all playing staff over a certain level. Irish to follow?

Wasps

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/03/2020 13:53 by Ecksile.

Re: Pay Cut
HMRH 20 March, 2020 15:04
Gloucester too

Ruckingood 22 March, 2020 02:44
I hear that the players are willing but the players association are still in discussion and want guarenteed that it is a) not a permanent decision and b) some form of payback once the season is back on whenever that is. Not sure I agree with b) .. times are tough all round and a cut makes sense for keeping the club solvent whilst there are no games. However I also noted some articles that BT are being a pain and holding TV money back whilst there are no broadcasts.. any ideas?

Margin_Walker 22 March, 2020 08:10
I think the players just have to take the hit. Would be good if it was on a tiered basis so the lowest paid were exempt. Agree with not being sure about option b. This is all completely unprecedented and entire industries are going to be on there knees.

x_ile 22 March, 2020 10:38
According to the ST, remuneration for Eddie Jones and the RFU executives will not be affected.

This, of course, is in line with the level of sensitivity normally shown by the RFU's bigwigs.

bigbitty 22 March, 2020 12:25
Yea, and the next thing will be a press statement saying we are all in this together!

Exile_Dave 25 March, 2020 14:53
Statement from irish. Acting with other clubs and reducing salaries by 25%.

[www.london-irish.com]

Shawshank 25 March, 2020 16:21
Nicely worded statement from Brian.

Well done to all involved.

COYI!

Ecksile 25 March, 2020 19:37
Fresh on Twitter

BREAKING: RFU bracing for losses of upwards of £40million, maybe £50m, due to coronavirus.

Executives to take a pay cut of more than 25%.

Gutted for the execs, how will they manage?

Jonny_C 26 March, 2020 14:23
The executives will have to change from champagne to cava and caviar to cod.

Exile_Dave 29 March, 2020 15:07
In todayís TRP our not so favourite West Country team Barf are revolting over the pay cuts saying they donít agree with them. Considering nearly all prem teams are doing it, maybe they should put their arrogance aside and think of lower divisions who are not being paid at all.

Paul_D 29 March, 2020 16:44
Bath Rugby on on Twitter:

A message from Club Captain @charlieewels; "As Captain of our Club, I can categorically say that the reports in @TheRugbyPaper are not true, and as a playing group, we are not in revolt against our Club

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net