Latest news:

Alex Corbisiero
Discussion started by AlecW , 26 March, 2020 14:52
Alex Corbisiero
AlecW 26 March, 2020 14:52
In the Times and so behind a firewall...

Interview from The Times

Gist of it is that he got engaged, then was diagnosed with testicular cancer in November. He was treated in the UK and had the testicle removed. The cancer had not spread, but he had one HEAVY round of chemo. The whole thing left him scared and vulnerable, but he is emerging on the other side. His fiancee is a US sevens international and so he is helping her deal with the postponement of the Olympics and they are planning the wedding. Sperm frozen so they can have a family - just in case.

Hope all goes well, Alex! (Sm128)

Re: Alex Corbisiero
AlecW 26 March, 2020 14:54
Also on BBC Rugby Union Weekly podcast: Yertiz

PV 26 March, 2020 19:05
Poor guy. Good luck to him in recovery

waltham 27 March, 2020 15:00
Good luck Alex...

LI Bohemian 27 March, 2020 15:45
I was about ten rows back in the stands behind the posts at the place where he scored for the lions in Sidney in the final test, arguably his finest moment in rugby, hope all goes well for the future Corbs.

Cill Dara 28 March, 2020 07:48
Here you go!

For all you at home, I have loads of rugby tries on my YouTube channel, Lions, London Irish, Barbarians and World Cup, so have at it.

NB: I do not monetise my channel, so this is not a plug.

I would put more recent stuff on, but I have not got the time, (NHS worker), and I have had a copyright strike, so a bit cautious.

Prisco stirpe Hibernico

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net