Latest news:

Warriors Vs Irish 2005
Discussion started by Faithful_City , 01 April, 2020 20:21
Warriors Vs Irish 2005
Faithful_City 01 April, 2020 20:21
We have been uploading some old games from 2004-05 season to keep us sane during isolation and thought some of you guys might want to watch all over again, see if you recognize the players from back then.

Worcester Warriors Vs London Irish 1st Jan 200t

JP

Re: Warriors Vs Irish 2005
Margin_Walker 01 April, 2020 21:51
Cheers.

LI team on the day

15 Michael Horak
14 Delon Armitage
13 Scott Staniforth
12 Nils Mordt
11 Justin Bishop
10 Mark Mapletoft
9 Paul Hodgson
1 Doug Wheatley
2 Robbie Russell
3 Pierre Durant
4 Ryan Strudwick (c)
5 Bob Casey
6 Declan Danaher
7 Kieron Dawson
8 Phil Murphy

Replacements
16 Adam Halsey
17 James van der Walt
18 Roland Reid
19 Nick Kennedy
20 Geoff Appleford
21 Darren Edwards
22 Barry Everitt

cjm. 01 April, 2020 22:08
Hard to miss tofty.

PS It's 14 years ago, but how much more fluid was the game. Especially when it came to rucks. None of those infernal camel trains. Ball back, pick up the ball, pass the ball in a couple of seconds.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2020 22:10 by cjm..

Griff 02 April, 2020 10:32
Thanks JP, a nice idea - you could have picked a better game for us...

FWIW here is our match report.

For me, the "virus" that lost us first-teamers was also being suffered by those on the pitch (and those in the stands) and was more down to the previous night's festivities than any micro-organisms.

I'm fairly sure this was the time LISC took two coaches and I was point-of-contact for the little one... which broke down on the way home. It was, at the time, utterly awful but in hindsight, hilarious. While broken-down at the side of the road my brother went off across a "path" to have a pee only to discover the "path" was a ditch about 8 feet deep (it was very dark). I was really worried he'd be badly hurt as I rolled about laughing uncontrollably... he was, and is, fine.

Happy days.

bigbitty 02 April, 2020 11:38
I have a DVD of the Wasps v LI match on 30 April 2006, but no means of transferring it. Anybody with the means to upload it want it?

This was a cracking good match that LI won handsomely, with Mike Catt at his majestic best. Unfortunately there is sound but no commentary.

SirBurger 03 April, 2020 10:28
There is a youtube account called MottiRugby that has tries from most of our recent Premiership seasons (going back to about 2005). Sadly one of the seasons missing is the 08/09 one.

Cill Dara 03 April, 2020 10:45
If you look in the "London Irish Tries" playlist, there are the tries form the Powergen Final, as well as many other ones, enjoy!

Prisco stirpe Hibernico

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net