Latest news:

Ruan Botha
Discussion started by SixNineOne , 18 April, 2020 15:58
Ruan Botha
SixNineOne 18 April, 2020 15:58
Does anyone have any up to date info on Ruan Botha? Iíve been assuming that he will rejoin us in September or whenever the next season starts, but I have this niggling worry that his contract in Japan will be extended in some way because, presumably, their league has been suspended like ours and the Japanese RFU may choose to extend the current season. Iím hoping this is just a needless worry exacerbated by lockdown fever...

Re: Ruan Botha
Tom1215 18 April, 2020 16:03
By the looks of things (Dan Carterís Instagram) thatís it for the Japanese league and Botha from whenever his contract starts with us he will be an irish player.

Tom1215 18 April, 2020 16:06
God I canít wait for that Botha and Coleman second row partnership

Exilepaul 18 April, 2020 23:28
Quote:
Tom1215

Was having the same conversation with my old man, easily the best 2nd row in the prem next season and if they stay a long time can surpass Casey and Kennedy

Tom1215 19 April, 2020 14:11
I honestly thought we were gunna miss McNally a lot, but the work rate and all round rugby talent from the pair just shows what weíve been missing for many years.

cjm. 19 April, 2020 19:52
Quote:
Exilepaul
Quote:
Tom1215

Was having the same conversation with my old man, easily the best 2nd row in the prem next season and if they stay a long time can surpass Casey and Kennedy

Obviously a long way to go on longevity but on all around game skills they are already ahead IMO. Casey/Kennedy great lineout operators but they, especially the former, lacked the athleticism of Botha and Coleman. I nicknamed Bob Casey Timber at one point cause he just used to catch the ball and fall forward in order to gain 6' 8" of territory.

ExiledChameleon 20 April, 2020 23:28
Quote:
Tom1215
It's filthy. Assuming that they both remain on current form it's going to be very exciting.

Lazyboy346 21 April, 2020 12:17
If Franco stays, Ruan and Adam keep their form and Mafi can get back to his best, that is a seriously good set of options at lock. And Maddison and Nott have shown they can step up at this level and aren't going to settle for being back ups.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net