Latest news:

Refunds for STHs
Discussion started by paulm1953 , 21 April, 2020 19:36
Refunds for STHs
paulm1953 21 April, 2020 19:36
Assuming London Irish have insurance cover for lose of income will the STHs get a refund if there is no more rugby this season.

Just wondered.....

Re: Refunds for STHs
doublebass 22 April, 2020 17:46
Guess that is a question that needs asking when we all know for sure what will happen with the rest of the season (I guess we all suspect what will happen) - also refunds for purchased tickets etc

PV 22 April, 2020 19:49
Games behind closed doors. Probably will add to next season - if it happens

Shawshank 23 April, 2020 11:51
The only 2 sporting entities that I've heard that took out pandemic insurance were Wimbledon and the R&A.

Hence their rather quick announcements that their events were being cancelled for 2020 (rather than postponed).

Wonder who their insurers are...? (Sm159)

SixNineOne 23 April, 2020 12:55
I wouldn't hold your breath for a refund. I suspect the club doesn't have full pandemic cover so it'll be facing some serious financial stress. So, as and when Premiership Rugby finally capitulates and admits that the current season is over, I'm expecting a hardship plea from the club asking us not to seek refunds on season tickets. I'd be happy with that but each of us can take our own view on the merits of such a plea. Like many others, I'm also sitting on unfulfilled tickets for some of our away games (amounting to £140). I'm not expecting that back anytime soon, although I'm not sure I'll be quite so charitable if certain (unnamed) clubs ask me to forgo a refund!

CharlieG 23 April, 2020 16:10
I wouldn't expect anything until it is confirmed that the rest of the season has been cancelled. This is especially true if the club has insurance.

As for rolling over the remaining matches to next season, this is a bit of an issue for those like me who live in Reading and probably won't be going to Brentford.

Margin_Walker 23 April, 2020 17:19
Will clearly be a huge issue for the club and professional sport generally. I'm not sure we'll actually see crowds in stadiums before the end of the year.

Edit - Would also think the chances of them having pandemic insurance are incredibly slim, but who knows.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 23/04/2020 23:01 by Margin_Walker.

M51 23 April, 2020 22:10
I am Oxfordshire based (Southwest) and now retired on a limited pension. I intended to sign up for Brentford on the condition there would be some allocated parking. The potential cost of losing this seasons ticket costs and absolutely no information on 'potential car parking' at Brentford, leaves me in doubt. I am also categorised as extremely vulnerable if contracting Covid. With no immediate end in sight to the Pandemic and so I would need to see total success in eliminating Covid before venturing into a crowded stadium and definitely not packed trains. I guess there will be a few of us in this situation that will withdraw our allocated seats for next season (deposits gone). With a number of clubs in financial difficulty (including Irish), I wouldn't expect full refunds to happen. However there are still these other factors that will determine whether we sign up for next season. Difficult times for all, here's hoping for the Covid magic bullet soon and a magic load of money to appear for Irish. Good luck to you all and stay safe. COYI

b.q.f.m 24 April, 2020 08:39
It is a really difficult one.
As much as I would love to be able say LI can keep my money to help them out there is the fact that (for now) being down to 80% of my wage, the very real possibility that my job will not be there at the end of this and I will be unemployed means that may not be an option.
So many people will be struggling with the financial implications of this pandemic it is very hard to even think about what outcomes may be.
For now it is just one day at a time, hopefully coming out the other side fit and well with the hope that one day, somewhere we will ALL be together supporting OUR team again.

M51 25 April, 2020 12:30
I have tabled a question on car parking and potential season start for next weeks zoom conference with Brian Facer. Hopefully we will understand a little more of the Clubs thinking.
In the current circumstances the answers to season start will depend on eliminating any traces of Covid. But if we can get some idea if there will be any season ticket compensation even a reduction on next seasons ticket prices woud be helpful.
I am still waiting to know if I have a virtual seat at the conference.
Best wishes to the squad, staff and all Suporters.

M51 26 April, 2020 21:31
Its all gone quiet......

waltham 28 April, 2020 14:48
Quote:
CharlieG
I wouldn't expect anything until it is confirmed that the rest of the season has been cancelled. This is especially true if the club has insurance.
As for rolling over the remaining matches to next season, this is a bit of an issue for those like me who live in Reading and probably won't be going to Brentford.

(Sm160)

tonyh50 30 April, 2020 19:47
I have been, amongst others on here, wondering that if we do not resume rugby this season would we get a partial refund on our STís or a discount against next years. But having seen the video on the Zoom conference tonight about how the club are providing over a1000 meals a day for NHS staff during this crisis and seeing how pleased the nurses and other staff are to get this support - I am happy forgo any refund or discount just happy in the knowledge that our ST money is in a small way helping them to do this.
A great effort from the club and something to be applauded.

waltham 30 April, 2020 20:09
I think many will agree with you Paul; however some may not and as I think Brian suggested, there need to be various options available so that every supporter feels they've been respected.

One thing though - does anyone else recall that a couple of years ago when we first dropped-down, that there was a promise of a Supporters' Wall or similar recognising those who helped the Club continue? - That did seem to melt away into nothing (unlike apparently at Quins following their relegation)...

Promises seem very easy - and cheap...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net