Latest news:

Zoom meeting on thursday
Discussion started by doublebass , 28 April, 2020 11:53
Zoom meeting on thursday
doublebass 28 April, 2020 11:53
How do I know if I have been accepted onto the Zoom meeting on Thursday - Applied and it said would get an email by return but have heard nothing - any ideas ?

Re: Zoom meeting on thursday
RodB 28 April, 2020 12:31
Still waiting for an email too. Perhaps they're still assessing demand, before deciding if they need more than one session......

PV 28 April, 2020 21:02
It can be recorded

waltham 29 April, 2020 15:17
Perhaphs they are reconsidering given the questions some have raised?

Derby Irish Fan 29 April, 2020 17:50
Have had my email to register for the meeting with cool waiting for confirmation now

doublebass 29 April, 2020 18:11
me too Derby

RodB 29 April, 2020 20:03
Just got the email with a link to click on to register with Zoom. Will then get an email from Zoom containing log in details.

doublebass 30 April, 2020 08:52
still waiting my invite email from Zoom having registered last night - anyone else got theirs or still waiting ?

RodB 30 April, 2020 09:01
Still waiting

Griff 30 April, 2020 09:27
The zoom invitation will come when they set the meeting up - you can schedule them so it's a bit odd that they haven't just done it but I suggest they're on the same learning curve that a great many of us have been over the past few weeks.

If you're new to zoom you might want to download the app for your platform in advance and get it running. It's not difficult, from my experience (and I managed to get my Mum on it!), but you might not get a lot of notice in which case being prepared will help.

Feel free to PM/email me if you need a hand.

PV 30 April, 2020 09:36
Zoom only has 40 mins for those without a premium membership

Griff 30 April, 2020 09:45
The time limit is based on the host - which will be LI so I assume they'll have chucked Zoom some beans.

doublebass 30 April, 2020 10:43
Have now got my invite from Zoom for this evening - so we shall see what happens....

RodB 30 April, 2020 11:06
Yep, me too.

PV 30 April, 2020 11:45
Do I need to be a member to get the invite?

Griff 30 April, 2020 11:51
No, you don't need to be a member of Zoom to use it (I think you need to be a member/STH to attend the meeting). You only need to be a Zoom member to host your own meetings.

Derby Irish Fan 30 April, 2020 14:19
got my code

PV 30 April, 2020 16:14
Quote:
Griff
No, you don't need to be a member of Zoom to use it (I think you need to be a member/STH to attend the meeting). You only need to be a Zoom member to host your own meetings.

Yep, got it on Zoom. I meant for the meeting, thanks for clarifying though.

RodB 30 April, 2020 18:26
Wouldn't work for me. Left me hanging at " meeting registration pending approval " but never sent me the email confirming registration status. Anyone else have problems?

PJ 01 May, 2020 14:44
Can anybody give us some feedback/news from last night's Zoom meeting???

Griff 01 May, 2020 15:20
Just got the following from the club it included a link to the Brentford Parking Map which is interesting.

Status of the club

Like all leisure, hospitality and events businesses, it is a very difficult time with no income coming into the club. Cash flow is a risk, but we have stretched our reserves by furloughing all but four staff members and implemented a 25% salary reduction for higher earners.

We are proactively seeking ways in which to improve cash flow, including taking advantage of government support where appropriate.

2019/20 season restart

Premiership Rugby's intention is to finish the current season before the 2020/21 season kicks off. This is important from a financial perspective so that sponsor contracts are honoured and standings for Europe next season are determined.

Restarting the season will be based on government guidelines and only be done if and when it is safe to do so.

The location of the restart will depend on timing, but it is unlikely to be either Brentford or the Madejski. Holding games in certain neutral venues could make it easier to control the environment, which will be important from a safety perspective.

2020/21 season

At present, the intention of Premiership Rugby is to resume business as usual for the 2020/21 season, but there are a lot of variables depending on government guidelines and potential changes to league structures etc. At this point, we just don't know exactly what next season looks like.

Brentford Stadium

Building work has slowed because the number of contractors on site has reduced significantly in order to enable social distancing as per government guidelines, but it is on track to be complete for the end of June. Safety certificates need to be issued which would normally require test events, but the advisory group are working with Brentford FC and us to make sure the venue will be ready for August if required.

Seat moves

It is still the intention to offer supporters who have purchased a 2020/21 season ticket the opportunity to visit the stadium and try their seat. However, we need to wait for government guidance on when this can happen. If there is no opportunity to invite supporters to try their seat before the season kicks off, supporters will be allowed to move seats once the season has started.

Parking and Park & Ride

The majority of car parking was secured just before lockdown, but there are a few more to finalise when normality resumes. Those with Season Tickets will still get priority to book seasonal parking once it is on sale.

Park & Ride remains a work in progress and is subject to government guidance, but we remain committed to offer this option if we can.

Refunds

In order to activate refunds for the 2019/20 season, we need confirmation that the games are cancelled or to be played behind closed doors. At this point we are in limbo, however we have been working hard in the background on how we can manage this complex process. It needs to be a phased approach as we do not have the staff and we rely on the Reading FC box office, all of which are furloughed.

We feel we have a strong process ready to activate, but ask that you remain patient for the time being and be kind to our frontline staff.

There will be options to donate to the club, exchange for value-added vouchers or get your money back. We will make the process as simple as we can with the resource we have.

If the 2020/21 season ends up also starting behind closed doors, we will look to implement a similar refund model to 2019/20, subject to review.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net