Latest news:

BT Sport
Discussion started by Exilepaul , 28 April, 2020 22:35
BT Sport
Exilepaul 28 April, 2020 22:35
I seen the segment with SOB and thought he spoke very well but I was quite disappointed with Sarra Elgan saying that L.I will be relieved that Sarries are relegated and it came across quite resentful that we spent alot of money from Ben Kay and then you rewind back to the whole Craig Doyle Paddy Jackson thing against Wasps basically saying signing him was morally wrong from us and then them forgetting Declan Kidney's name against Bath and then not being selected at all for the next 6-8 rounds of tv coverage before the league stopping what the hell is BT's problem with us?

Re: BT Sport
Blarney 29 April, 2020 09:20
I don't mind Doyle, I believe in his "off-camera" life he is an LI supporter and used to attend quite a few matches?

I think the angle on Jackson was perhaps an "editorial" decision to try and drum up some comment.

I generally like Kay's match analysis, but his view of the wider game is a bit banal, and given his position on Leicester's board, shouldn't be taken seriously..

I agree that the choice of games shown on TV is ludicrously unbalanced, with us not being shown at all in a six week block and teams like Saints and Exeter being shown every week. I can only think that they like to show games from grounds that are full of supporters as it makes the game look good (though this doesnt explain the number of Sale home games that get air time!)

Alphacat 29 April, 2020 11:38
Agree, I think it's mostly down to % attendance. Sale is relatively low but has 60% attendance compared to its capacity. The next two lowest are Wasps on 42% attendance and then us down on only 24% attendance, and the Madejski just ends up looking and sounding really bad on TV. (2019-20 stats).

If we still get bad numbers of TV games next season and beyond, then is a good time to complain for sure.

Lincs-Exile 29 April, 2020 12:59
Ive noticed that during the lockdown BT have been showing a lot of old games but i think the programme controller is a Quins fan as they had 3 Quins games on the trott the other day . Havent seen an LI match repeated yet

PV 29 April, 2020 13:40
BT have a cheek to keep charging for sport, even Sky donít. Content is dated and cr*p.

Carlovian 29 April, 2020 13:55
PV - Ask BT for a refund. So far I've had 2 months' credit.

K

Paul_D 29 April, 2020 14:06
You can claim a refund here or opt to donate it to the NHS

Margin_Walker 29 April, 2020 15:03
Sale playing home games on Friday nights is a key factor in the amount of games they get.

Otherwise a lot of it is just driven by how many viewers BT think they will get rather than stadium occupancy. They need to sell subscriptions and half time ad space. Just don't think our games will drive the kind of viewing figures achieved by bigger clubs.

This season has been particularly ridiculous from a LI pov though.

doublebass 29 April, 2020 18:13
When we do get on TV we dont seem to perform well in general terms particularly at home !!!

PV 30 April, 2020 09:32
Quote:
Paul_D
You can claim a refund here or opt to donate it to the NHS

Thank you

paulm1953 01 May, 2020 09:46
Brian Fahey's comments, at the Supporters' Forum last night, about how the last nine games will be played was very interesting. He suggested three neutral grounds for all games played over a weekend with no crowd. BT Sport would cover all games. Whether these will be charged on a per game basis is still being reviewed.

I don't have BT Sport but miss live games and would be interested if pricing is reasonable.

Your thoughts?

Margin_Walker 01 May, 2020 10:33
I'd be very surprised if this goes ahead over the summer. Rugby in France finished for the season, Pro 14 likely to follow.

I'm guessing the league will keep talking it up until they are told to drop it. Just too many obstacles imo. May be wrong though

Cill Dara 01 May, 2020 11:24
Will this mean Stade Francais are relegated and what will happen with Agen, as they are in the relegation playoff spot?

Prisco stirpe Hibernico

Margin_Walker 01 May, 2020 11:39
[sports.yahoo.com]

Looking like no promotion or relegation there at this point.

Cill Dara 01 May, 2020 11:54
Bad news for Colomiers and Perpignan then.

Prisco stirpe Hibernico

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net