Latest news:

Totsiens Franco
Discussion started by HMRH , 01 May, 2020 07:39
Totsiens Franco
HMRH 01 May, 2020 07:39
Sad to hear that Franco will be leaving LI. Kidney made it clear that this is a salary cap issue And clearly would have preferred him to stay.

Franco has been great since he joined and was still looking like a top quality lock in the Prem. Iím sorry to see him go and his leadership and attitude will be missed. We donít have anyone even close to his calibre in reserve so letís hope Botha and Coleman can play a high % of games

Re: Totsiens Franco
shimmieandshake 01 May, 2020 08:11
That's a real shame, he's been excellent this year. Was it announced last night? And was there any other news from the Zoom call?

Shawshank 01 May, 2020 08:16
Yep, a massive work rate, hugely consistent and durable, and brilliant in the line-out.

Cheers and good luck for the future FVDM!

dooj106 01 May, 2020 08:36
Quote:
shimmieandshake
That's a real shame, he's been excellent this year. Was it announced last night? And was there any other news from the Zoom call?

Yeah, Franco was on the zoom call and announced it. Is a real shame....a quality player and top bloke.

Nothing else specific on the playing front other than we have signed some players, but there will be more leaving than arriving and so will be operating a smaller squad, but the academy intake will be larger than it was this year. It was mentioned that pretty much all of the departures are down to the salary cap.

Only other thing on players (that I can remember) was that we have 4 players who need to go through their return to play protocols and 2 others who have injuries that the club are dealing with

shimmieandshake 01 May, 2020 09:21
Nice one. Thanks, Dooj. Fingers crossed we're not letting go of any other key players.

ExiledChameleon 01 May, 2020 16:04
Real shame, but it does make sense, FVDM would be a very expensive third choice next year given Munga, Collingridge, Maddison, and Nott all hopefully being in the squad.

Smudge21 02 May, 2020 11:34
I must admit I had my doubts when we signed Franco due to his age at the time but he has been a fantastic player for us over the past 3 years. His leadership and quality will be missed.
Any ideas on what he is doing next? I reckon he could become a very useful forwards coach

Exilepaul 02 May, 2020 15:11
Gutted that him and others wont get the send off they deserve at the farewell game sad smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net