Latest news:

Maddison
Discussion started by Exilepaul , 03 June, 2020 17:40
Maddison
Exilepaul 03 June, 2020 17:40
Off too Ealing it's a bit of a worry that all our players leaving or rumoured to leave are in the front 5

Re: Maddison
Exile_Dave 03 June, 2020 17:42
Thatís really sad, he has been a solid player for us.

Smudge21 03 June, 2020 18:03
Was always going to struggle for game time with coleman, botha and franco ahead of him. I'm sure he'll thrive at ealing

Florida 03 June, 2020 18:20
Bit sad the club haven't mentioned anything yet

LI Lynn 03 June, 2020 18:58
Club said they would not announce leavers, that was left to the personally or their next club announcing. That was Declan Kidneys policy

Florida 03 June, 2020 19:40
Oh, wow. That's a dreadful policy.

dooj106 03 June, 2020 19:53
I understand the policy and appreciate the respect it shows to the players. Maybe at beginning of July the club can announce the squad for next season and then with our powers of deduction we will know who has left

Margin_Walker 03 June, 2020 19:53
They've wished him luck on Twitter after it was announced.

Not sure there's much more than that expected really.

Shame, he would have been good to keep, but I'm guessing there's a bit of a squeeze on middle earning squad players and Ealing could perhaps offer a longer contract and the opportunity of more rugby.

paddym 03 June, 2020 20:49
Quote:
Margin_Walker
They've wished him luck on Twitter after it was announced.
Not sure there's much more than that expected really.

Shame, he would have been good to keep, but I'm guessing there's a bit of a squeeze on middle earning squad players and Ealing could perhaps offer a longer contract and the opportunity of more rugby.

And another two seasons at least in the Championship!!

SixNineOne 03 June, 2020 22:21
Quote:
paddym

And another two seasons at least in the Championship!!
Can someone remind me why Ealing canít win promotion at the end of next season? Is there some technical reason or is it simply an assumption that Saracens will dominate the league?

Tom1215 03 June, 2020 23:55
What a terrible policy!!!

HMRH 04 June, 2020 08:13
Sarries will win that league just like we did and Falcons this year. Ealing are nowhere near Prem side and sooner this is recognised and we either ring fence or inject money to the championship and make it pro the better. Even before the financial RFU collapse the first option was always the most likely now it must be a racing certainty

MickeyGee 04 June, 2020 09:25
I thought Franco announced he was leaving too on the supporter Zoom chat.

paddym 04 June, 2020 09:30
Quote:
HMRH
Sarries will win that league just like we did and Falcons this year. Ealing are nowhere near Prem side and sooner this is recognised and we either ring fence or inject money to the championship and make it pro the better. Even before the financial RFU collapse the first option was always the most likely now it must be a racing certainty

Hear hear!

Griff 04 June, 2020 09:56
Yes, Franco did announce he was off on the forum. Another thing we learned there was that the club has furloughed all but 4 members of staff (Brian Facer, Declan Kidney and two others) which would explain the lack of effusive info on leavers.

nimblehippo 04 June, 2020 10:15
Is there a policy of not announcing signings as well as leavers?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net