Latest news:

Exiles are homeless...!
Discussion started by AlecW , 25 June, 2020 05:13
Exiles are homeless...!
AlecW 25 June, 2020 05:13
In an article this morning discussing midweek matches behind closed doors in order to finish the 2019-20 season is this little gem:

Quote:
Alex Lowe in The Times
There is no confirmation yet where London Irish will play their home games. Their tenancy of the Madejski Stadium has expired and their new home, the Brentford Community Stadium, is not yet ready.

Re: Exiles are homeless...!
shimmieandshake 25 June, 2020 07:10
I believe Real Madrid are currently playing at their training ground. Admittedly, it's a stadium with 6,000 capacity for their B team, but assuming there's no fans, could we not just play at Hazelwood?

I still find it bizarre that they want to finish every game of this season. More trouble than it's worth.

RodB 25 June, 2020 09:01
I seem to recall that Brian Facer said in the zoom meeting that the new stadium should be signed off by end june - mid July at the latest which should mean we're ok for a mid August restart if that happens.

HMRH 25 June, 2020 10:06
I wondered about Hazelwood as a possibility without fans - I remember someone saying there was some restriction on playing pro rugby there but donít know the details.

AlecW 25 June, 2020 12:32
Wot shimmieandshake said in his 2nd para!

Alphacat 25 June, 2020 14:35
It's about the TV money - end the season and suddenly PRL is going to have to refund BT Sport and rob a lot of clubs of their income. Whilst I agree that it probably should have been ended from a sporting point of view, it's probably just not an option.

Fursa 25 June, 2020 14:52
Where in Alex Lowes article is this "little gem"? mentioned?!!

RodB 25 June, 2020 15:15
3rd last paragraph of article that rehashes the possibility of playing mid-week games.

Fursa 25 June, 2020 17:14
Thank you but not in my edition of todaysTimes. How interesting. Neither is it in Owen Slot's article

shimmieandshake 25 June, 2020 18:01
Quote:
Alphacat
It's about the TV money - end the season and suddenly PRL is going to have to refund BT Sport and rob a lot of clubs of their income. Whilst I agree that it probably should have been ended from a sporting point of view, it's probably just not an option.

Aye, suspected this was the case. Just utter ballacks from a player welfare POV. Will need corpses on the bench to get a 23 together by March/April next year.

ExiledChameleon 25 June, 2020 22:46
We can't play a match at Brentford before they do.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net