Latest news:

Matías Alemanno
Discussion started by norg2072 , 28 June, 2020 09:10
Matías Alemanno
norg2072 28 June, 2020 09:10
TRP reports we are interested in Argentinian International Matías Alemanno who plays 2nd row, RPI score 81, #16 out of the top 209 world players! Do we need another lock?

Re: Matías Alemanno
HMRH 28 June, 2020 09:19
Yes to replace Franco? Botha and Coleman can’t play every game although we need players in the centre and maybe loose forward

Lazyboy346 28 June, 2020 10:01
Would make for a very powerful tight 5 that can be rotated, and Mafi can play 6 and 8 so works with the idea of a smaller squad with more quality and sustainability. Plus I'd expect Munya to get some game time this year.

Key issue is non-Kolpak/foreign player limits going forward as he may take up one of the three spots under current rules, although possible he has a second passport option to get round this.

M51 28 June, 2020 13:48
RPI, is not something I have ever looked at. Time for a google search on how the data is gathered and ratings awarded Is there individual national tables or is it a World Club data set based on tier 1 countries.?

Exilepaul 28 June, 2020 16:40
Powerful boy but slow, not sure what height he is but he reminds me of Devon Toner but better built I cant see much substance in this

mackemII 28 June, 2020 16:47
Quote:
Exilepaul
Powerful boy but slow, not sure what height he is but he reminds me of Devon Toner but better built I cant see much substance in this

1.99m and 117kgs

rugbygibbo 28 June, 2020 21:48
I’m sure the props would love a bit of that beef behind them. Highlight packages on YouTube are decent; I know anyone can look good in them but better than nowt. Would take him gladly with VDM and Maddison out the door

tatthecraic2 28 June, 2020 22:06
He looks decent. Big old boy. But a little slow and lumbering.

Still looks like he can truck it up like an animal. Imagine dealing with Botha and coleman for 60 mins then have him and Mafi coming on as closers.

Ruckingood 29 June, 2020 00:02
U sure Botha is coming back? Also Coleman is out til December after surgery.. could use a lock right now as we dont have any to finish the season far less the next one..

ExiledChameleon 29 June, 2020 01:15
Quote:
Ruckingood
U sure Botha is coming back? Also Coleman is out til December after surgery.. could use a lock right now as we dont have any to finish the season far less the next one..

Yeah Coleman is out, but Botha is definitely coming back (/is back imminently) last I heard.

Ruckingood 29 June, 2020 03:34
Rumor has it that he wants to stay in Japan and is utilsing the salary cuts as a breach of contract issue so he can get out of playing for Irish.. I hope that it is not true but I fear that it is.

SirBurger 29 June, 2020 08:56
Gutted if true.

HMRH 29 June, 2020 11:45
Still in SA and I’d be gutted if that was the case but don’t blame any player who had had a wage cut moving elsewhere

shimmieandshake 29 June, 2020 12:38
Would be a massive blow, especially so late in the day, when alternative recruitment opportunities have gone. Rough time for everyone though. As bitter as the pill is, I see it from his point of view.

If true, I'd be looking to re-sign Franco VDM for a season as well as looking around elsewhere and really backing Munya with some game time.

HMRH 29 June, 2020 13:47
Northampton - Lawes to Beziers in D2 for 150% pay rise or stay and take a 12% pay cut. Tigers have 12 players yet to accept their pay cuts - we have no idea what’s happening at Irish.

Florida 29 June, 2020 14:20
I do wish the French clubs would stop splashing the cash, they are a big part of the wage inflation problem.

Gazzle 29 June, 2020 14:32
Telegraph says Alemanno in advanced talks with Beziers. Sounds like they're being linked with everyone, subject to their takeover.

shimmieandshake 29 June, 2020 15:16
Quote:
HMRH
Northampton - Lawes to Beziers in D2 for 150% pay rise or stay and take a 12% pay cut. Tigers have 12 players yet to accept their pay cuts - we have no idea what’s happening at Irish.

According to the Telegraph, Lawes is extending with Saints.

But jeez. If this takeover goes through, Beziers will be the last thing the game needs.

HMRH 29 June, 2020 15:50
Clubs assuming that not enough clubs for all the players so they’ll be forced to accept the pay cuts. A lot of the really good players will be off to Japan or France - losing Botha would be a real blow I thought he was fantastic.

mackemII 29 June, 2020 17:18
Announced by Saints at 16:00 that Jamie Gibson is leaving. Perhaps he's off to Beziers, Lawes definitely not leaving.

Clontarf 29 June, 2020 17:56
I know this thread is about Matias Alemanno but I'd join the queue of gutted supporters if Botha doesn't return.

tatthecraic2 29 June, 2020 21:32
We need Botha. Hed be a massive loss...

rugbygibbo 29 June, 2020 22:24
Where’s the rumour that Botha is not coming back coming from?

tatthecraic2 14 July, 2020 22:22
Signed for Gloucester

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net