Latest news:

Jamie Gibson
Discussion started by Ecksile , 29 June, 2020 17:24
Jamie Gibson
Ecksile 29 June, 2020 17:24
Sounds like he's been an unwilling victim of cutbacks resulting from Covid 19. & only 29 too

Can remember he played for Irish but was he good?

Re: Jamie Gibson
SirBurger 29 June, 2020 17:33
He was a young talent who played a fair bit for us. Always thought he had a lot of potential but gave away too many penalties for my liking and was never the most aggressive ball carrier. Very good workrate though and good in the line-out. The press release sounds like he might be leaving Rugby behind though.

jimbo800 29 June, 2020 18:24
He sounds like he might be leaving rugby, but that could be more to do with the lack of options. Iíd imagine nearly all prem clubs are looking to move players on, making signing for someone new nearly impossible. Terrible way to end career if thatís what happens.

Shawshank 29 June, 2020 18:52
From memory Jamie was studying for a degree at Oxford when he played for us, and I suspect has got some good career options open to him.

High work rate, great line-out operator, but a wee bit too light-weight with ball-in-hand.

Best charger down of box-kicks that we've ever had...

mackemII 29 June, 2020 19:06
Quote:
Shawshank
From memory Jamie was studying for a degree at Oxford when he played for us, and I suspect has got some good career options open to him.
High work rate, great line-out operator, but a wee bit too light-weight with ball-in-hand.

Best charger down of box-kicks that we've ever had...

You're right Shawshank, Jamie was doing a Masters in the Classics, not sure if he completed it while at Irish though.

rugbygibbo 29 June, 2020 19:08
Would love him back. With Tuisuie and OíBrien in the back row can afford to have a more lightweight option with his engine. We would get an academy discount on top with him if available. I used to see him as a future captain when with us.

HMRH 29 June, 2020 19:10
Never go back

PV 29 June, 2020 20:29
Quality player

GHA 29 June, 2020 21:02
Quote:
PV
Quality player

Most Saints fans aren't devastated he's off from what I've read elsewhere

Aberavon Wizard 01 July, 2020 09:15
Quote:
GHA
Quote:
PV
Quality player

On the contrary, many Saints fans are both surprised and disappointed........

GHA 01 July, 2020 16:15
Quote:
Aberavon Wizard
Quote:
GHA
Quote:
PV
Quality player

On the contrary, many Saints fans are both surprised and disappointed........

Yes, I need to replace most with some, apologies. They seemed more than happier with the remainder of the back row plus Isiekwe

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net