Cilliers
Faingaía
Stephenson
Campbell
Veitokani
Collingridge
Belcher
Rossiter

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2020 16:23 by HMRH.

Re: Confirmed departures - as they happen
GHA 02 July, 2020 12:17
Confirmed by the players themselves, as opposed to the club so far in case anyone (like me with Myler yesterday!) was wondering

HMRH 02 July, 2020 12:24
Yes - if anyone sees a confirmed leaver via the player or another club announcement of them joining please add here . Assume if Irish announce anything, and thatís a big if, that will cover all in one go

Paul_D 02 July, 2020 12:28
David Porecki confirmed on 16th June

Tom1215 02 July, 2020 13:16
Franco announced via the zoom call

Exilepaul 02 July, 2020 13:16
Great idea at least fans can be kept in the loop somehow

Florida 02 July, 2020 13:18
DHA confirmed as back to Saints

Smudge21 02 July, 2020 13:46
Maddison back to ealing
Partington to hartbury

Tom1215 02 July, 2020 14:36
Belguim Tuatagaloa

Tom1215 03 July, 2020 08:41
Just gunna put it out there. Tuisues Instagram story had him at the training ground this morning...
Iím happy now.

tatthecraic2 03 July, 2020 09:10
Quote:
Tom1215
Just gunna put it out there. Tuisues Instagram story had him at the training ground this morning...
Iím happy now.

Honestly the best news I've had in weeks smiling smiley

GHA 03 July, 2020 09:52
As long as it's not just him training for the last couple of weeks of the season before packing his bags

SirBurger 03 July, 2020 10:06
Edited

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2020 10:07 by SirBurger.

Tom1215 03 July, 2020 10:58
Sean O'Brien out training at Hazelwood via Instagram.
Very good sign heís staying on Iíd say

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2020 10:59 by Tom1215.

Exilepaul 03 July, 2020 11:36
Quote:
Tom1215
Sean O'Brien out training at Hazelwood via Instagram.
Very good sign heís staying on Iíd say

I don't think it's the quality of player we are worried about it's the not no nothing about anything

paulm1953 03 July, 2020 18:07
This mushroom approach is typical of London Irish. Come on London Irish let us see who has officially left and joined the club

Bazzo 03 July, 2020 22:29
Donít understand why the club would not wish a player well after he is let go. Myler says he is off, Steele says he is off....... why would the club not thank them and wish them well? Bit sad i think

M51 03 July, 2020 23:05
Indeed two very good players that have served Irish well. Good luck to them both.
Sttrange times and I just hope london Irish come out of this well, both with credibility and success.
COYI

Exile_Dave 04 July, 2020 11:00
Club confirmation of departures

[www.london-irish.com]

jimbo800 04 July, 2020 11:10
So thatís 11 confirmed, no surprises. Itís must be financial for Myler to be heading off straight away. It would have been ideal having his experience around as we push for a potential top six finish.

waltham 04 July, 2020 11:48
Sad to see Freddie and Tom S departing...

HMRH 04 July, 2020 12:32
Update later now itís announced but Iím having a pint at Loddon Brewery

jimbo800 04 July, 2020 13:51
Max Northcote green is back at training.

millhillexile 04 July, 2020 14:03
Agree regarding Tom. When fit looked a top player but injuries just kept holding him back.
ďNegotiations ongoing with other playersĒ is ominous. Hopefully all the key ones will re- sign.

Blarney 04 July, 2020 14:30
Tbh, nothing to get too agitated about there. Myler, Franco and Porecki the only sure-fire starters there and they are all getting on a bit.

A team built around a core of star players with some promising academy lads looks good, though we need depth at hooker, fly half and centre:

1. Elrington
2. Atkins
3. Kepu
4. Botha
5. Coleman
6. O'Brien
7. Cowan
8. Tuisue

9. Meehan
10. Jackson
11. Hassell-Collins
12. Hepetema
13. Rona
14. Naholo
15. Parton/Loader

16. ?
17. Dell
18. Hoskins
19. Mafi
20. Donnell
21. Phipps
22. TBC/Atkins
23. Williams

jimbo800 04 July, 2020 14:32
I fully expect Loader to be at 15 next season if O H-C and Nahalo are both fit

Tom1215 04 July, 2020 15:57
Matuíu or Cornish on the bench?

Smudge21 04 July, 2020 20:10
Rogerson definitely deserves to be involved in that 23. Doesn't get the same praise as some of the bigger names in the team but he has been consistently very good this season

HMRH 05 July, 2020 07:41
TRP reports we could lose as many as 10 players and that Irish are proposing a straight 25% reduction with no claw back option. Weíre in deep trouble if thatís true

GHA 05 July, 2020 08:34
Any flexibility to it reported? Surely if 8 players said make it 20% with 10% repaid if we make the Heineken the powers that be might reconsider?

Tom1215 05 July, 2020 09:14
Isnít it a Fissler report though?
Says it all...

PV 05 July, 2020 09:14
If Coleman is on 900k then a drop to 675 given the world we are in is pretty reasonable

Enu 05 July, 2020 15:05
Gloucester forum reporting Paul Hodgson to become their new attack coach.

SirBurger 05 July, 2020 17:28
Quote:
Smudge21
Rogerson definitely deserves to be involved in that 23. Doesn't get the same praise as some of the bigger names in the team but he has been consistently very good this season

Totally agree on Rogerson. He has been very good.

Would be surprised if Atkins is our starting hooker.

Ruckingood 06 July, 2020 05:13
Quote:
SirBurger
Quote:
Smudge21

Motu'u over Atkins by a country mile and probably the new chap from the Champ. Atkins is a nice kid but very inexperienced and too small at 90 odd kg for the Prem IMHO

Blarney 06 July, 2020 10:40
Quote:
Ruckingood
Quote:
SirBurger
Quote:
Smudge21

Motu'u over Atkins by a country mile and probably the new chap from the Champ. Atkins is a nice kid but very inexperienced and too small at 90 odd kg for the Prem IMHO

I disagree. Thought Atkins looked very promising in his few appearances so far. Motu'u however, whilst talented, is a bit of a liability in regards to discipline. Maybe not starting straight away, but if given a chance I can see Atkins becoming first choice by the end of the season.

SirBurger 06 July, 2020 10:47
I meant no disrespect to Atkins in my statement, just that he is still young and based on limited involvements so far I don't think he is seen as next in line. Hooker is a very physically demanding position and I am sure that in another season or two he will be closer to competing.

Tom1215 06 July, 2020 13:38
Nice to see Kepu at the training ground as well.
Must be a good sign that players like Kepu are still training while all this contract stuff is going on and players arenít holding out and not training.

AlecW 06 July, 2020 14:55
Among hookers, I seem to recall that Andy Titterell at 1.73m and 94 kilos was capped by England 5 times in the mid-late noughties, went (was called up as a sub?) on the 2005 Lions tour and played in the Prem for Sale, Gloucester & ?Leeds? (were they prem at the time?)

Lee Mears wasn't the biggest hooker around, either at 1.76 and 98 kilos - played many years for Bath, 42 England caps 2005 - 2012 and four Lions appearances.

tatthecraic2 06 July, 2020 15:24
Quote:
SirBurger
I meant no disrespect to Atkins in my statement, just that he is still young and based on limited involvements so far I don't think he is seen as next in line. Hooker is a very physically demanding position and I am sure that in another season or two he will be closer to competing.

I wonder how many people have said that about Harry Thacker... the guy is awesome.

I would love to see HT in the international set up

SirBurger 06 July, 2020 16:02
Thacker was underused at Leicester, but when he played caused all sorts of problems. As I said, my comment was less a criticism of Atkins, but more a reflection that I would be surprised if he jumped from 4th choice to 1st choice in a season.

Ruckingood 07 July, 2020 01:36
There is nothing fundamental wrong with Atkins but he has a way to go to get to Prem level starting hooker. Comparing chaps who played 20 years ago to the packs of today is not a good reason. He will come good but is very small and still has a lot to learn.

nimblehippo 07 July, 2020 09:52
Would love another home grown talent to come through, But reality is that it is v hard to break through, especially in the front row, at a young age. If the youngsters are really good enough a) theyíd be involved more and b) other richer clubs would be sniffing so c) weíd be handing out contract extensions to them, which has happened with some players. This players revolt business does explain why the mystery of who is leaving has occurred, real shame for fans, but equally wouldnít want dirty laundry aired in public.

Shawshank 07 July, 2020 09:59
Would personally prefer to see more this season of Jacob A...!

AlecW 07 July, 2020 10:36
With respect, Ruckingood, Titterell last played for Sale (on loan from Leeds) in 2012, then for Edinburgh (not Prem, but still Prem standard, I hope you'll agree) 20 times in 2012-13.

Mears played for Bath until early 2013 and only retired at the age of 34 after a heart condition was diagnosed.

Seven years ago is hardly "chaps who played 20 years ago"...!

Our very own Scott Lawson last played in the 6N for Scotland and for Falcons in 2018 and is 1.73m (about 5'8"), though admittedly he bulked up to about 100-105 kilos towards the end of his career.

(Sm128)

Ruckingood 07 July, 2020 15:56
AlecW.. agreed that there are some that buck the trend and are successful inspite of physical restrictions. Just dont think Atkins is there yet and needs to be mentored this season and add a few pounds. He has talent but rushing a youngster into a Prem hooker spot is not often a smart move if you want any form of longevity.. IMHO of course

Smudge21 07 July, 2020 19:14
I'm sure atkins will get a decent amount of game time when the prem restarts in august with porecki and faingaa no longer here. I personally think he's a year or two away from challenging for a consistent prem spot but would love to be proved wrong in a few weeks time

PV 08 July, 2020 08:37
I hope not at hooker, thatís a real baptism of fire for Atkins given he normally plays fly half

ExiledChameleon 08 July, 2020 10:16
Quote:
PV
I hope not at hooker, thatís a real baptism of fire for Atkins given he normally plays fly half

Ben Atkins.

PV 08 July, 2020 11:38
I shall take my schooling

Tom1215 08 July, 2020 13:12
People saying atkins is too small...
Go look at paddy Jacksonís Instagram. Heís bigger than Porecki and similar in size to Motu Matuíu, so does that mean Porecki wasnít good enough as heís SMALL???

tatthecraic2 08 July, 2020 14:29
on Porecki,

Really hope he realises his international ambitions... he deserves it. confirmed signed for Waratahs. a great player for us.

Smudge21 08 July, 2020 14:34
Quote:
tatthecraic2
on Porecki,
Really hope he realises his international ambitions... he deserves it. confirmed signed for Waratahs. a great player for us.

Agreed, that game of his against Northampton earlier this year was the best performance I have seen from a hooker. His stats were ridiculous that day and if I'm not mistaken, he actually broke some sort of premiership record.

Tom1215 08 July, 2020 17:15
Anyone else get absolutely trolled by Fing #wallpaperwednesday on the London irish Facebook page thinking it was an Albert Tuisue announcement? Got way too excited before actually reading the post...
I just want some good newsad smiley

waltham 10 July, 2020 20:12
Sounds like Max NG might have also already left. Seems he's working for Opro Mouthguards according to his Twitter feed.

ExiledChameleon 10 July, 2020 21:51
Naholo still in NZ?

jimbo800 10 July, 2020 21:57
I have a suspicion that he may still have a year left on his deal, he got a renewal even though heís barely featured for us. I think I saw a pic of him at training, may have been on his Instagram or twitter feed.

Tom1215 10 July, 2020 22:04
I think Naholo had an op half way through lockdown

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2020 22:05 by Tom1215.

jimbo800 10 July, 2020 22:17
Nahalo was crocked when he arrived. He was heavily strapped pre lock down, I thought heíd already had the op. Hopefully whatever he has had done has worked. We need to start getting some moneys worth out of the fellas weíve paid for but have ultimately just spent half the season rehabbing

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net