Latest news:

Scott Steele
Discussion started by West Stand Quin , 13 July, 2020 11:40
Scott Steele
West Stand Quin 13 July, 2020 11:40
is rumoured to be joining Quins. Not a player who I know much about but will be 3rd choice behind Care & Landajo. Any insights about him?

Re: Scott Steele
Tom1215 13 July, 2020 11:51
Strong 9, good over the ball which is rare in a 9, blows hot and cold far too often and can be a little slow at getting the ball out.
But overall heís an ok back up I suppose.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/07/2020 11:52 by Tom1215.

Margin_Walker 13 July, 2020 12:05
Decent player, but realistically he's third choice at best here behind Phipps and Meehan. With Brand also needing gametime, his time was probably up.

Very physical and combative for a 9. Decent darting round the fringes and an okay kicking game. Distribution isn't the best or quickest as top level 9s go.

Hope he does get picked up by Quins as he's still got a bit to offer and seems a good bloke. Not a great time to be released for a pro rugby player.

cjm. 13 July, 2020 12:31
IIRC He started off well for LI but we coached that out of him and he became less dynamic. Unfortunately there was a period where that happened to our players a lot.

Steelman 13 July, 2020 17:19
I've been convinced for a while that his real position is a hooker in the Harry Thacker mould, but maybe he can't bowl over arm .Mind you ,neither could Fainga,a .. True warrior though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/07/2020 17:26 by Steelman.

Exilepaul 13 July, 2020 18:44
Quote:
West Stand Quin
is rumoured to be joining Quins. Not a player who I know much about but will be 3rd choice behind Care & Landajo. Any insights about him?

Hes a far far better player coming off the bench and adding tempo decent squad player

HMRH 14 July, 2020 10:09
More than good enough for third choice at Quins

Ecksile 21 July, 2020 11:15
Confirmed now for Quins

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net