Latest news:

Have we a Premiership Setup
Discussion started by Grantham Exile , 13 July, 2020 16:28
Have we a Premiership Setup
Grantham Exile 13 July, 2020 16:28
Or are we deserving to be a championship team at best? We have Mick Crossan who without I doubt the team would exist, we have state of the art training facilities, we have an academy that is to be envied, then I start to question the rest of the professional setup.
We have a team that blows hot and cold, I wonder how many of them play for Irish as their first choice, or is it the case that they play only for inflated salaries.? The current standoff with some players would tend me to lean towards the latter. That said none of us actually know what is going on.

The communications department (if we have one) do not appear to be fit for purpose. Detailed specifics are not needed but regular updates would go some way to easing our concerns at what is actually going on within the club. The club have failed dismally in communicating with the fans

The commercial department, they are a disaster, look at the face coverings fiasco. They will state itís matters beyond their control, well itís down to them to put themselves in control. Replica shirts etc, every year for as long as I can remember the season has been ongoing for several weeks before the suppliers are in a position to supply products. They always seem to be playing catch up.

Yes, I am frustrated and slightly disillusioned at the moment, I have high expectations for our move to Brentford (even bought my first season ticket), but feel the whole episode will coming crashing down around us unless big improvements are made in some areas of the club

Re: Have we a Premiership Setup
Alphacat 13 July, 2020 18:06
For the rest of this season I don't think it really matters if the team struggles given all the circumstances- would like Europe but not expecting it to begin with. Will begin to judge more harshly beginning of next season.

Nick4219 13 July, 2020 18:19
Quote:
Grantham Exile
Or are we deserving to be a championship team at best? We have Mick Crossan who without I doubt the team would exist, we have state of the art training facilities, we have an academy that is to be envied, then I start to question the rest of the professional setup.
We have a team that blows hot and cold, I wonder how many of them play for Irish as their first choice, or is it the case that they play only for inflated salaries.? The current standoff with some players would tend me to lean towards the latter. That said none of us actually know what is going on.

The communications department (if we have one) do not appear to be fit for purpose. Detailed specifics are not needed but regular updates would go some way to easing our concerns at what is actually going on within the club. The club have failed dismally in communicating with the fans

The commercial department, they are a disaster, look at the face coverings fiasco. They will state itís matters beyond their control, well itís down to them to put themselves in control. Replica shirts etc, every year for as long as I can remember the season has been ongoing for several weeks before the suppliers are in a position to supply products. They always seem to be playing catch up.

Yes, I am frustrated and slightly disillusioned at the moment, I have high expectations for our move to Brentford (even bought my first season ticket), but feel the whole episode will coming crashing down around us unless big improvements are made in some areas of the club

We were playing some pretty decent rugby before Covid 19 hit. Iím guessing the club has had minimal cash coming in since the pandemic hit and has found itself in an unexpected position. The playing squad, well, only those in the know, know what is happening in regards to contracts and who is definitely sticking around albeit with some expectation that everyone is going to have to take some form of pay cut for a time being.

The admin side of it, well, Iím assuming that some people have been furloughed or may have lost their jobs so getting a London Irish face mask may not be a top priority right now.

Letís wait until the season resumes shall we and see where we are at before doubting our Premiership status (which we are for the rest of this season and the next one)

Garym 14 July, 2020 11:18
Quote:
Alphacat
For the rest of this season I don't think it really matters if the team struggles given all the circumstances- would like Europe but not expecting it to begin with. Will begin to judge more harshly beginning of next season.

You will be in Europe, it is just which competition it will be (pedant, I know)

Alphacat 14 July, 2020 11:26
Quote:
Garym
Quote:
Alphacat

(Sm21)

SixNineOne 14 July, 2020 14:00
Quote:
Garym

This evokes a familiar feeling of dťja vu but, as we all know, you canít keep a good pedant down...

Garym 14 July, 2020 17:08
Quote:
SixNineOne
Quote:
Garym

This evokes a familiar feeling of dťja vu but, as we all know, you canít keep a good pedant down...

I only get pedantic about two things, getting the European competitions wrong and when people use ďohĒ instead of zero when talking about numbers, other than that donít give a toss

The Sligo Rover 18 July, 2020 06:39
Ohs and zeros (O & 0) on car registration plates are the ones that annoy me - you cannot tell the difference.

Alphacat 18 July, 2020 11:54
I and l on websites with fonts such as this (Sm8)

franciscorrigan 24 July, 2020 09:45
Pedants unite(Sm6) Good grammar costs nothing. Or should that be zero?(Sm128)

SixNineOne 24 July, 2020 11:59
I agree. As long as we can all agree what constitutes good grammar.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net