Latest news:

New season, new kit
Discussion started by Jonny_C , 27 August, 2020 11:40
New season, new kit
Jonny_C 27 August, 2020 11:40
Anyone know if/when Irish will have a new kit and sponsors for the delayed season 2020/2021?

It's about this time of year when the messageboard is buzzing with kit speculation.

Re: New season, new kit
SixNineOne 27 August, 2020 19:13
Donít know when the new kit will be announced, but comments on the supporters Zoom calls suggest that Powerday will remain our principal sponsor and that the shirt will have outline images of London landmarks to celebrate our return to the capital.

ExiledChameleon 27 August, 2020 19:16
I believe that the away is just boring white with some banding on the end of the sleeves. Home is supposed to be a tasty number though. Almost halved/quartered with thin stripes a lot like the stripy face mask fading out as you get to the top/bottom of the shirt (depending on left or right side).

GHA 27 August, 2020 19:48
Quote:
ExiledChameleon
I believe that the away is just boring white with some banding on the end of the sleeves. Home is supposed to be a tasty number though. Almost halved/quartered with thin stripes a lot like the stripy face mask fading out as you get to the top/bottom of the shirt (depending on left or right side).

Ignore.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 27/08/2020 19:48 by GHA.

AlecW 27 August, 2020 21:05
Shanít!

GHA 27 August, 2020 21:18
https://forum.viewfromthe22.com/download/file.php?id=97

SixNineOne 27 August, 2020 22:19
Designed by the same person who did the Tigersí new strip?

olw131 27 August, 2020 22:35
Thatís absolutely repulsive

GHA 27 August, 2020 22:53
https://i.ibb.co/9n0512r/Irish-2-01.png

winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 27/08/2020 22:55 by GHA.

franciscorrigan 28 August, 2020 02:35
Should let supportes have a go a designing the new strip. They've done fairly well over the years with the Paddy's Day shirts(Sm63)

SixNineOne 28 August, 2020 08:55
Call me disloyal, but wouldnít it be nice if we had something that wasnít just a subtle variation on plain old green?!

Florida 28 August, 2020 09:08
Quote:
SixNineOne
Call me disloyal, but wouldnít it be nice if we had something that wasnít just a subtle variation on plain old green?!

As long as it's not that God awful blue one we had a couple of seasons back

Blarney 28 August, 2020 09:30
I like it.

I'm still waiting for the day when we release a shirt with a collar on it, so it looks like a proper rugby shirt. I guess those days are gone though...

SixNineOne 28 August, 2020 10:11
Saints have a pseudo-collar on their shirts this season, which I quite like

Jonny_C 28 August, 2020 11:28
Saints had a lovely purple shirt for the Powergen cup

SixNineOne 28 August, 2020 12:08
Bring it on!

franciscorrigan 28 August, 2020 14:54
That blue strip was horrendous. Tradition says green and I'm all for tradition. There are after all 40 shades(Sm63)

bigbitty 28 August, 2020 15:08
I have always thought the best strip of the lot was dark green with a black collar and black shorts. Can't remember who the sponsor was, but I wish I had one of these instead of the Llanera piece of ugliness I purchased.

Nick4219 28 August, 2020 16:22
Quote:
bigbitty
I have always thought the best strip of the lot was dark green with a black collar and black shorts. Can't remember who the sponsor was, but I wish I had one of these instead of the Llanera piece of ugliness I purchased.

It was upgraded when they ironed over Llanera with the Cityjet logo.

Foggy-Balla 28 August, 2020 18:05
Quote:
bigbitty

Sounds like the old MG Rover one. Have one in the wardrobe. Also really liked the dark green & black hooped Euro one.

Faugh-a-Ballagh!

"Our prayer is 'God save Ireland' and pour blessings on her name!"

Vestigia Nulla Retrorsum

Blarney 28 August, 2020 19:22
[images.app.goo.gl]

My personal favourite...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 28/08/2020 19:23 by Blarney.

Jonny_C 28 August, 2020 19:44
We need to stick with green as itís part of the clubís identity.

Take Bristol As an example, whoís kit was blue and white. Now itís a blue/red mush and theyíve changed from being the Shoguns to the Bears.

bigbitty 29 August, 2020 06:09
Quote:
Blarney
https://images.app.goo.gl/dEzsZnbZgPsNGUu17
My personal favourite...

That's the one. The photo makes it look as if the collar and shorts were actually dark blue, rather than black. Is my memory deceiving me? Were they dark blue?

Steelman 29 August, 2020 08:23
Quote:
bigbitty
Quote:
Blarney
https://images.app.goo.gl/dEzsZnbZgPsNGUu17
My personal favourite...

That's the one. The photo makes it look as if the collar and shorts were actually dark blue, rather than black. Is my memory deceiving me? Were they dark blue?

Although it's not traditional to agree with anyone on here ., I much liked this kit too... Oh along with the Guiness change strip of black shirt cream trim of Avenue days
But give me the voice and it would be a two green quarter shirt in sailcloth standard cotton,long sleeves and a Lillywhite label sewn into the back of the proper white collar.

nimblehippo 29 August, 2020 08:55
The Heineken cup kit 2006 I think? Green with a bit of red and white. That was a beauty.

Jonny_C 14 September, 2020 11:30
Have London Irish moved their kit shop to Hazelwood, or is shopping an online experience only?

I...just...need...to...leave...the...house. Any excuse!

SteveS 16 September, 2020 02:40
Always had a great affection for the black and green hoops (away?) of the late 1990s. Once saw a taxi driver in San Francisco wearing one, picking up a fare on the corner of Haight-Ashbury [www.classicrugbyshirts.com]

And the one with an actual pint on the front just makes people laugh wherever you go, here modelled by Niall Woods [www.therugbypaper.co.uk]

The Sligo Rover 16 September, 2020 10:49
Donít forget the one with the pint on the back as the number panel.

mackemII 17 September, 2020 09:09
Quote:
The Sligo Rover
Donít forget the one with the pint on the back as the number panel.

Was it my imagination or did the replacements come on wearing shirts with a half pint on the back?

Jonny_C 17 September, 2020 19:31
Steve, i think the black/green striped shirt is a training top. I had the next season black shirt with single green band and aer lingus logo, this was sold as a training shirt.

AlecW 17 September, 2020 20:46
Two of the black/green striped shirts available on eBay at the moment.

GHA 17 September, 2020 21:54
Quote:
AlecW

Are you guys talking about this one?

[www.ebay.co.uk]

SixNineOne 17 September, 2020 22:25
Itís no use waxing lyrical about shirts of yore made out of cotton. Next seasonís kit has to be made of nylon, as a proper tribute to our new home. [www.youtube.com]

bigbitty 18 September, 2020 06:20
Quote:
SixNineOne
Itís no use waxing lyrical about shirts of yore made out of cotton. Next seasonís kit has to be made of nylon, as a proper tribute to our new home. [www.youtube.com]

Nice one!

Finno 18 September, 2020 08:02
Quote:
GHA
Quote:
AlecW

[www.ebay.co.uk]

That was the Paddies Day shirt from around 2015, mixture of home and away.

GHA 18 September, 2020 08:57
Quote:
Finno
Quote:
GHA
Quote:
AlecW

[www.ebay.co.uk]

That was the Paddies Day shirt from around 2015, mixture of home and away.

My fault for not keeping up with the thread. Someone I know has a t-shirt version of this i.e. black and green stripes, O'Neills logo, Irish badge, no sponsors. I haven't seen one before or since but would love to get my hands on one.

AlecW 18 September, 2020 10:41
I think the one Steve is referring to is either

This one,
or
this one

Both pretty old, but both excellent!

Jonny_C 18 September, 2020 11:13
This was the 2000/2001 training shirt, home shirt was green, away shirt was white. Cotton Traders.
Irish Aer Lingus shirt

SteveS 19 September, 2020 17:58
Quote:
Jonny_C
Steve, i think the black/green striped shirt is a training top. I had the next season black shirt with single green band and aer lingus logo, this was sold as a training shirt.

Hmmm, maybe but the old memory still makes me think there is famous pic of Conor winning an evening game wearing it. But like the 60s, if you can remember it, you probably weren't there hic

SteveS 19 September, 2020 18:01
Quote:
AlecW
I think the one Steve is referring to is either
This one,
or
this one

Both pretty old, but both excellent!

The second one!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net