Latest news:

20-21 heineken cup format
Discussion started by RodB , 02 September, 2020 15:30
20-21 heineken cup format
RodB 02 September, 2020 15:30
[www.epcrugby.com]

Pick the bones out of that. If we make it to 8th , more or less guarantees big opponents in the pool stage. Good crowd potential.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2020 16:26 by RodB.

Re: 20-21 heiniken cup format
Alphacat 02 September, 2020 15:53
Also good to know the challenge cup remains - thought they might just not have it next season and we would miss out on home games.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2020 15:56 by Alphacat.

Re: 20-21 heineken cup format
Lazyboy346 02 September, 2020 18:51
Also sounds like you can probably win two of four and potentially sneak into the challenge cup knock outs if you don't get thumped

franciscorrigan 02 September, 2020 21:28
Make it to 8th will be a big ask if we don't beat Glos at the weekend and not easy, even if we do(Sm63)

Bazzo 02 September, 2020 22:57
Thought that most people had written this season off?

Why would any club with real ambition not want to be in the top competition? Not as if we have spent fortunes on players and are moving to a new stadium or anything

Alphacat 03 September, 2020 01:26
Personally I would rather us be in the lower competition from a spectator point of view, however I do appreciate that HCC = more money and more interest so would prefer.

Selfishly; I don't really want to watch us get thrashed to Exeter, Leinster and Racing92...

ExiledChameleon 03 September, 2020 02:03
Good news: HCC would likely see us play Leinster or Munster H&A.

Bad news: Renting out the Lords' cricket scoreboard will be very expensive.

shimmieandshake 03 September, 2020 09:30
Quote:
ExiledChameleon

Isn't it a 1/4 shot on playing Leinster/Munster? In the same way playing either Dragons/Warriors is a 1/4? Or have I missed something?

ExiledChameleon 03 September, 2020 13:22
Quote:
shimmieandshake
Quote:
ExiledChameleon

Isn't it a 1/4 shot on playing Leinster/Munster? In the same way playing either Dragons/Warriors is a 1/4? Or have I missed something?

So, assuming that we qualify 7th or 8th we'll be tier 4. Tier 4 plays 1st or 2nd in the P14 & T14 home and away.

So if it's any 2 of Leinster/Ulster/Munster in the final then we'd be 100% certain to play one of them.

If only Leinster reach the final then it's a 50/50 as to whether we'll play them.

shimmieandshake 03 September, 2020 14:14
Quote:
ExiledChameleon
Quote:
shimmieandshake
Quote:
ExiledChameleon

So, assuming that we qualify 7th or 8th we'll be tier 4. Tier 4 plays 1st or 2nd in the P14 & T14 home and away.

So if it's any 2 of Leinster/Ulster/Munster in the final then we'd be 100% certain to play one of them.

If only Leinster reach the final then it's a 50/50 as to whether we'll play them.

Gotcha, thanks for filling me in.

franciscorrigan 03 September, 2020 17:18
There's the small matter of beating Glos, Quins and Worcester, then getting something out of the games against Exeter and Bristol, before we start counting chickens.(Sm63)
If we manage that, we really deserve a champions Cup place.(Sm42)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net