Latest news:

Worcester pitch?
Discussion started by Jonny_C , 04 September, 2020 17:14
Worcester pitch?
Jonny_C 04 September, 2020 17:14
Watching Worcester vs Bristol.
Is the pitch artificial?
Is the ground shared with a football team, as you can see soccer pitch markings?

Re: Worcester pitch?
SixNineOne 04 September, 2020 17:38
Yes, itís an artificial pitch at Sixways installed about 4 years ago. The previous pitch wasnít up to much and I recall Wayne Barnes calling off a match a few minutes before kick off because one corner was waterlogged and then frozen. The new pitch claims to be technically more advanced than the one at Allianz Park but I know that opinions are still mixed about the the impact of artificial surfaces on players. Iím hoping that the hybrid pitch weíll have at Brentford will be the best of all worlds.

mackemII 05 September, 2020 07:22
Quote:
Jonny_C
Is the pitch artificial?
Is the ground shared with a football team, as you can see soccer pitch markings?

Worcester Raiders will be ground sharing with the Warriors but rugby has primacy of tenure, a reverse of the situation we had at the Madejski.

GHA 05 September, 2020 07:24
Quote:
mackemII
Quote:
Jonny_C
Is the pitch artificial?

Worcester Raiders will be ground sharing with the Warriors but rugby has primacy of tenure, a reverse of the situation we had at the Madejski.

Worcester Raiders sounds like an ice hockey team

Garym 06 September, 2020 07:22
Quote:
SixNineOne
Yes, itís an artificial pitch at Sixways installed about 4 years ago. The previous pitch wasnít up to much and I recall Wayne Barnes calling off a match a few minutes before kick off because one corner was waterlogged and then frozen. The new pitch claims to be technically more advanced than the one at Allianz Park but I know that opinions are still mixed about the the impact of artificial surfaces on players. Iím hoping that the hybrid pitch weíll have at Brentford will be the best of all worlds.

Which match was that? The football team that is owned by the warriors. Bosses is in the tenth tier of the football system.

SixNineOne 06 September, 2020 10:56
I forget which match it was as we werenít involved, but it was on TV so my afternoon on the sofa was ruined...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net