Latest news:

Brothers on the pitch
Discussion started by Jonny_C , 10 September, 2020 11:04
Brothers on the pitch
Jonny_C 10 September, 2020 11:04
Jacob and Ben Atkins both played last night at Quins.

Have there been other time in the professional era when Irish have fielded brothers on the pitch?

Re: Brothers on the pitch
Margin_Walker 10 September, 2020 11:08
Yes. We even managed three on the pitch at the same time playing sevens.

Jonny_C 10 September, 2020 11:26
Agh, Armitage of course. Any others? B-Z?

Margin_Walker 10 September, 2020 11:31
Not that I can think of, although probably forgetting someone obvious

All three Watsons got on the pitch for us, but never at the same time that I'm aware of.

Edit - I tell a lie. Looks like Anthony and Marcus were on the pitch for five minutes together

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2020 11:36 by Margin_Walker.

franciscorrigan 10 September, 2020 11:43
That sevens tournament there was the never to be forgotten moment, Armitage to Armitage, to Armitage, TRY!

Andy and Matt Symons were here for a while.

Racking the old grey matter for others(Sm63)

GHA 10 September, 2020 11:55
I don't think they played together here but Tagi and Tagi?

Florida 10 September, 2020 13:13
Quote:
franciscorrigan
That sevens tournament there was the never to be forgotten moment, Armitage to Armitage, to Armitage, TRY!
Andy and Matt Symons were here for a while.

Racking the old grey matter for others(Sm63)

Andy never came, he signed but once we got relegated didn't join.

franciscorrigan 10 September, 2020 18:58
Florida, you are quite right. Memory playing tricks. Didn't Matt leave for Wasps, when we went down?
Wishful thinking on my part that they were here together. Just on our books but never played. That Coventry season was the worst ever. He and most of the team were clueless.(Sm63)

Exilepaul 10 September, 2020 19:26
Funny you should say that because alot of our supporters would say we've got the chuckle brothers sat in the stands coaching us

RIP Barry

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2020 19:32 by Exilepaul.

GHA 10 September, 2020 20:06
Quote:
franciscorrigan
Florida, you are quite right. Memory playing tricks. Didn't Matt leave for Wasps, when we went down?
Wishful thinking on my part that they were here together. Just on our books but never played. That Coventry season was the worst ever. He and most of the team were clueless.(Sm63)

Coventry who didn't realise there was relegation... reflects badly on him but also on the powers that be who interviewed and hired him?

SixNineOne 10 September, 2020 22:22
Sale regularly field a team with three du Preez brothers, two Currys and two James brothers.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net