18 Ollie Hoskins
19 Chunya Munga
20 Ben Donnell
21 Ben Meehan
22 Theo Brophy Clews
23 Ollie Hassell-Collins

Re: Irish vs Wooster
Exilepaul 11 September, 2020 13:46
Probably the best we can put out apart from O.H.C not starting that's a pretty decent back line, light in the 2nd row and getting lighter in the back row week on week, I'm so glad Ollie Lawernce isnt starting for them. Yeah this wont be a classic but we need a bloody win from this game just for the morale of everyone connected with the club

SixNineOne 11 September, 2020 13:57
Assuming this is our best available selection, it does rather highlight how many of our frontline players are missing, Cowan, Kepu, Rona etc etc. I just hope something begins to click. Nott has been improving and has now had several games alongside de Chaves, and Hepetema and Matt Williams ought to be operating effectively together, and the Phipps / Jackson axis looked promising last time they played.

AlecW 11 September, 2020 14:01
"Bertie" team:

Warriors
15 Melani Nanai
14 Tom Howe
13 Francois Venter
12 Ashley Beck
11 Noah Heward

10 Duncan Weir
9 Francois Hougaard

1 Ethan Waller
2 Niall Annett
3 Nick Schonert
4 Anton Bresler
5 Graham Kitchener
6 Ted Hill (C)
7 Matt Kvesic
8 Cornell du Preez.

Finishers

16 Beck Cutting, 17 Callum Black, 18 Richard Palframan, 19 Tom Dodd, 20 Sam Lewis, 21 Gareth Simpson, 22 Billy Searle, 23 Ollie Lawrence.

SixNineOne 11 September, 2020 14:10
The Bertie message board think that this is their best available team and also not far off their first choice starting XV from their whole squad. Looks like weíll have a fight on our hands!

RodB 11 September, 2020 14:25
I fear the scrum may get pinged off the park

Warrior7 11 September, 2020 15:13
Quote:
SixNineOne
The Bertie message board think that this is their best available team and also not far off their first choice starting XV from their whole squad. Looks like weíll have a fight on our hands!

Definitely best starting team apart from the two wings - although Heward impressed against Bristol (our two wingers from the midweek rotation are our best IMO).

Bench is mediocre bar Lawrence and Lewis.

tatthecraic3 11 September, 2020 15:34
That backrow that Woos have is very potent and could easily derail us

cob 11 September, 2020 20:54
avoid the * game I suppose

Bainim fiŠin Rover-cťn fŠth a stopadh anois?

Exilepaul 12 September, 2020 02:08
Had a quick glance at the Worcester message board bloody hell you'd think they were Exeter and not sitting below us and won 1 game from their last 12 games I really don't know where some people get that sort of arrogance from..

cob 12 September, 2020 04:11
thank God we have optimists amongst us

Bainim fiŠin Rover-cťn fŠth a stopadh anois?

Nick4219 12 September, 2020 07:51
Iím going out on a limb, I think we will win.

Worcester have lost 11 of their last 12 games and have completely changed their lineup. They have only won away once this season.

I know we are missing a lot of our best players but I think our backs look good. Stokes was really good against Quins so deserves his starting spot. Iím hoping Phipps and Jackson carry on where they left off from Glos and get our attack firing.

It will be close, but, I think we will edge it.

HMRH 12 September, 2020 08:45
Half a first team - I understand the availability, the injuries and selection philosophy but I hate seeing our scrum beaten up so regularly

SixNineOne 12 September, 2020 10:56
I agree. As weíve seen in recent weeks, you canít compete if your scrum is being mullered, and looking at the Wooster line up their tight five look a whole lot more muscular than ours, backed up by a pretty tasty back row.

Warrior7 12 September, 2020 12:03
Quote:
Exilepaul
Had a quick glance at the Worcester message board bloody hell you'd think they were Exeter and not sitting below us and won 1 game from their last 12 games I really don't know where some people get that sort of arrogance from..

I think what most Wuss fans mean about "we should be winning this", is that to actually improve we need to win it. Plus with the amount of injuries you have, we won't be playing your complete 1sts. Not saying we will win, though. We are Worcester after all!

SimonG19 12 September, 2020 12:26
Quote:
Exilepaul

Absolutely. They should be slagging off everyone at the club like proper supporters shouldn't they?

exileray 12 September, 2020 15:18
Can't understand why we don't start Dan Norton on the wing, both the Atkins are not good enough, the same has to be said of Harry & Lovejoy in the front row,

Shropshire Hugh 12 September, 2020 16:17
Quote:
SimonG19
Quote:
Exilepaul

Absolutely. They should be slagging off everyone at the club like proper supporters shouldn't they?

As an aside, I always find the hierarchy of club supporters funny. The fact that a fat bloke who supports Man City thinks he is in some way superior to, or more knowledgeable than his fat bloke neighbour who supports Accrington Stanley, or possibly Saracens v LI in our sport (though we used to beat them when I was a regular)!

Living in the Ionian Isles so just lurking when wifi allows!

ROLLO 12 September, 2020 16:18
I think that the last thing that most Warriors supporters can be accursed of is arrogance. We are though eternally optimistic.

SixNineOne 12 September, 2020 16:52
Quote:
ROLLO
I think that the last thing that most Warriors supporters can be accursed of is arrogance. We are though eternally optimistic.
Thatís why I always feel an affinity with the supporters I meet when we visit Sixways - we all know what it feels like to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory...

Exilepaul 12 September, 2020 18:24
Quote:
Warrior7
Quote:
Exilepaul

I think what most Wuss fans mean about "we should be winning this", is that to actually improve we need to win it. Plus with the amount of injuries you have, we won't be playing your complete 1sts. Not saying we will win, though. We are Worcester after all!

"If we dont win this comfortablely I'll despair"

SixNineOne 12 September, 2020 19:10
At 5pm tomorrow one of our message boards will be populated with fans saying how brilliantly their team played and how the guys really stepped up to the plate etc, etc. All the criticism of the last few weeks will be forgotten in a flurry of euphoria.
The other message board will be a picture of despair - how could we be so inept as to lose to a team like Worcester / London Irish (* delete as applicable), our team lacks cohesion, our coaches are past it, our recruitment has been abysmal, why canít we hold on to the ball, the ref was terrible, pinging us unfairly at the scrum / breakdown / offside line (* delete as applicable) and the TMO was blind, and that was never a yellow card...
Who knows which way round it will be?!

Exilepaul 12 September, 2020 21:35
Quote:
SixNineOne
At 5pm tomorrow one of our message boards will be populated with fans saying how brilliantly their team played and how the guys really stepped up to the plate etc, etc. All the criticism of the last few weeks will be forgotten in a flurry of euphoria.
The other message board will be a picture of despair - how could we be so inept as to lose to a team like Worcester / London Irish (* delete as applicable), our team lacks cohesion, our coaches are past it, our recruitment has been abysmal, why canít we hold on to the ball, the ref was terrible, pinging us unfairly at the scrum / breakdown / offside line (* delete as applicable) and the TMO was blind, and that was never a yellow card...
Who knows which way round it will be?!

Not me pal even if we do win it'll be nice obvs but it just papers over massive cracks

Blarney 13 September, 2020 15:03
Decent start. Nasty looking injury for Williams though - you could see his leg land awkwardly on the step and hear him cry out...

Blarney 13 September, 2020 15:07
Williams off after trying to play on. Nice bit of play gets us a 5m scrum

Blarney 13 September, 2020 15:08
Good grief - a first phase try! Loader in the corner.

I take it I'm the only one watching this...

cjm. 13 September, 2020 15:08
Lovely pass and try.

John H 13 September, 2020 15:14
where can I see the game. I have BT Sport but cannot find it.

NMB 13 September, 2020 15:15
Is the game on TV?

John H 13 September, 2020 15:18
I thought all games were televised.

Florida 13 September, 2020 15:19
They are, it's BT Sport extra 2

cjm. 13 September, 2020 15:20
Our maul defence isn't even close to having improved unfortunately.

Pirate Queen 13 September, 2020 15:20
We have BT Sport through Virgin but currently only have Sale v Bath match on the red button

Blarney 13 September, 2020 15:21
Under a lot of pressure on the line - but we're putting up a fight. Maul driven over the line but e somehow manage to hold it up. If they do score from here, we'll have at least made them work for it!

jimbo800 13 September, 2020 15:22
Lack of prem grade forwards is killing us. Every team is using the same technique against us

Blarney 13 September, 2020 15:23
Amazing defence on the line! Rogerson and Nott very strong in the tackle and Creevy picking his moment perfectly.

HK Phooey 13 September, 2020 15:23
Great defense

davidg 13 September, 2020 15:27
Same problem with TV coverage - not available on BT Sport through Virgin: keeps defaulting to the Sale game! Very frustrating

cjm. 13 September, 2020 15:31
Quote:
davidg
Same problem with TV coverage - not available on BT Sport through Virgin: keeps defaulting to the Sale game! Very frustrating

Some sites are streaming it if you are into that sort of thing.

cjm. 13 September, 2020 15:35
Two evenly matched sides ( not in a particularly good way ) apart from they have a bit of an advantage up front.

jimbo800 13 September, 2020 15:35
This is exhausting for the forwards, so energy sapping having to defend so many mauls and phases

tatthecraic3 13 September, 2020 15:35
The camera work is absolutely diabolical.

Can hardly keep up with the play with this rickety swerve camera work

cjm. 13 September, 2020 15:38
Quote:
tatthecraic3
The camera work is absolutely diabolical.
Can hardly keep up with the play with this rickety swerve camera work

Don't find it too bad but it is a secondary game so relies on fewer cameras. I remember having to watch games where there was just one camera high on the centre line.

Exilepaul 13 September, 2020 15:42
Bloody hell these 2 sides are horrendous

FrTed 13 September, 2020 15:44
This is turgid

Makes the F1 procession entertaining

Heaf 13 September, 2020 15:48
Have to say that looked harsh for a yellow ...

HK Phooey 13 September, 2020 15:50
There were two like that in the Wasps game earlier that were just apenalty only

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/09/2020 15:52 by HK Phooey.

Exilepaul 13 September, 2020 15:51
Genuine question is this better than 2 seasons ago?

cjm. 13 September, 2020 15:52
Quote:
Heaf
Think it was fair. That is what is supposed to be awarded IMO, it was direct to head.

Heaf 13 September, 2020 15:52
Yep - even heard the ref in that one say he was dipping which is why it was only a pen ...

HK Phooey 13 September, 2020 15:53
Let's hope we buck recent trends and have a good second half

Heaf 13 September, 2020 15:55
Quote:
cjm.
Quote:
Heaf
Think it was fair. That is what is supposed to be awarded IMO, it was direct to head.

It needs to be consistent though ...

SteveS 13 September, 2020 15:56
Amazing we are in front, some defensive heart at least

cjm. 13 September, 2020 15:57
Quote:
Heaf
Quote:
cjm.
Quote:
Heaf

It needs to be consistent though ...

We can wish. I think the best you can hope for is a referee is consistent rather than decisions are consistent across all referees.

Heaf 13 September, 2020 15:59
Well that's certainly the case sadly ...

jimbo800 13 September, 2020 15:59
No forwards no ball. Simple as that. The guys on the field are putting in a heroic shift. I can see why we fall away in the last 20 now, this is exhausting rugby for the team.

Gazzle 13 September, 2020 16:01
Not a great advert for rugby in general that, but that's two games in a row we've led at HT at least.

tatthecraic3 13 September, 2020 16:01
Did well to be up at the half. But if we keep defending like that we are screwed.

No way we can defend like that for another 40.

We need ball and we need to build our own attack.

GHA 13 September, 2020 16:05
57 minutes after kick off it's half time. Felt like longer.

Grantham Exile 13 September, 2020 16:06
This is awful in the extreme, they cannot sustain this game plan, if one exists,,119 tackles made in first half, Worcs made 23,, the team are earning there money, things can only get better,, well I do live in hope,,,,,

franciscorrigan 13 September, 2020 16:11
Can't keep relying on Wuss screwing it up. By rights they should be 20 points up. Tigers just won so we need at least a bonus point out of this or we will probably be 11th(Sm63)

HK Phooey 13 September, 2020 16:14
Looks like Worcs had a better team talk than we did

franciscorrigan 13 September, 2020 16:17
Should let Creevy do his HIA in Spanish(Sm63)

cjm. 13 September, 2020 16:22
What a moron.

Tom1215 13 September, 2020 16:22
Zero IQ dumb @#$%&

RWesty17 13 September, 2020 16:22
Heps has quite simply been very poor today.

Exilepaul 13 September, 2020 16:22
Imagine spending up to the salary cap to finish bottom hahaha we are London Welsh all but in name

Heaf 13 September, 2020 16:23
Stupid yellow card ends up costing another try ... however looked like a LI player was taken out off the ball just before that and the officials not bothered ...

Tom1215 13 September, 2020 16:23
Heís been Fing awful since the restart happily let him go and bring in someone who isnít @#$%& stupid

franciscorrigan 13 September, 2020 16:24
Moronic by Hepetema. Our penalty and great position. now we give up another try. I hope Kidney is on the phone to Burrell now(Sm63)

tatthecraic3 13 September, 2020 16:25
I hate this @#$%& club. Complete embarrassment to the game.

Disband these bunch of useless @#$%&.

jimbo800 13 September, 2020 16:25
What did he do?

cjm. 13 September, 2020 16:26
Always been a fan of Wee Dunc but not a fan of the hair. He's playing well today.

Nick4219 13 September, 2020 16:26
Jeezus! Itís bad but some of you are guilty of some top class flouncing!

PV 13 September, 2020 16:27
Here comes the inevitable humping.

HK Phooey 13 September, 2020 16:27
We had a penalty for a tackle off the ball and then Hep went into a ruck with no arms

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/09/2020 16:28 by HK Phooey.

Tom1215 13 September, 2020 16:27
This club is a @#$%& Joke.
ExilePaul youíve always been correct I apologise.
The fact that Dec will come out and say the same @#$%& as every other game.
Time to change the lot of them.

franciscorrigan 13 September, 2020 16:28
The hair is a charity stunt but it does make him look a T***

Exilepaul 13 September, 2020 16:28
Only we could make Worcester look like the all blacks haha

cjm. 13 September, 2020 16:29
Quote:
franciscorrigan
The hair is a charity stunt but it does make him look a T***

Thought he was just taking Covid regulations very seriously.

Nick4219 13 September, 2020 16:31
The only embarrassment is you so called supporters throwing around cheap insults. Maybe you should find another club/sport to watch

FrTed 13 September, 2020 16:31
It gets worse. Even Houggardís tattoos are better than Homerís.

Tom1215 13 September, 2020 16:32
The two 2nd rows we have out there today are the worst Iíve seen at this club. I know we are short but De chaves has done nothing and Nott just isnít good enough (1 good game in 12 months isnít good enough)

franciscorrigan 13 September, 2020 16:34
Reckon we are on course to break our consecutive losses record. 14 I believe, so nearly there(Sm63)

Exilepaul 13 September, 2020 16:34
7 months of absolute garbage any other club would have got rid of their coaching staff by now

Gillhooley 13 September, 2020 16:37
Ahoy, hoy,
This may be slightly rhetorical but itís an honest question. What will change between now and when the real season starts?

Cheers
Gooly

SteveS 13 September, 2020 16:39
Which of the superfans are going to say this builds us nicely for next season? Come on, we need a laugh

franciscorrigan 13 September, 2020 16:41
One question. How many on here are STHs? As we put our money where our mouths are I think we can say what we like as long as it's not just insults.(Sm63)

cjm. 13 September, 2020 16:45
Nanai is doing his best to even things up....

Tom1215 13 September, 2020 16:52
2 penalties from hepatema have ended up costing us 14 points.
Heís an absolute joke. Disgraceful performance from him.

RWesty17 13 September, 2020 16:55
This has turned into a very negative thread and I want to throw some positives around, but unfortunately I honestly cannot think of anything positive about the match. The thing I canít understand is that we are still making the same mistakes as we did in the first game post COVID. Issues with scrums, not a lot of creativity in the midfield etc. I wouldnít be so negative about it if there were clear improvements in the game plan or improvements in basics, but Irish have been poor today. Very poor. I pray that when our full contingent of injuries are on the field that we will perform better. Our pack should improve when at full strength but I really worry about our centres!

franciscorrigan 13 September, 2020 16:57
TMO trying to make a name for herself picking up anything that could be remotely construed as foul play while ignoring the basic ruck infringements. Not one side entry from Wuss picked up all game(Sm63)

Grantham Exile 13 September, 2020 16:58
Embarrassing again,, canít help feeling Iíve wasted £435 buying a ticket for next season,, canít see next season being any different with DK and LK in place,,

cjm. 13 September, 2020 16:58
Quote:
franciscorrigan
TMO trying to make a name for herself picking up anything that could be remotely construed as foul play while ignoring the basic ruck infringements. Not one side entry from Wuss picked up all game(Sm63)

Said last week that it was no longer being policed. Is the TMO actually allowed to call on those things. Thought it was only foul play that she could interrupt for.

cjm. 13 September, 2020 17:00
That Lawrence is a strong player though, we don't seem to have an equivalent.

nimblehippo 13 September, 2020 17:02
Found a positive - George Nott's kicking game

SteveS 13 September, 2020 17:03
Losing is a habit Iím afraid and weíll start next season relegation favourites. A great shame as there was definite progress before lockdown

franciscorrigan 13 September, 2020 17:05
Lawrence a class apart today. We have nobody similar at the moment. At least we got a point(Sm63)

jimbo800 13 September, 2020 17:06
How do we always manage to concede pretty much straight after scoring. Missed conversions left us too much to do in the end, for a pro kicker, one conversion out of four tries isnít good enough. Thatís near enough losing out on another try.

AlecW 13 September, 2020 17:14
Not even LI could lose a 4T bonus point ...

... could they...? (Sm157)

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net