Latest news:

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Irish vs Wooster
Gazzle 13 September, 2020 17:17
Nearly all the other games I've seen some point in selection etc from Irish's point of view, but today I just don't get. All I can take away is that Munga and Donnell have to be preferred to those they replaced from now on, and TBC got through the game unscathed and (I thought) looked reasonable with the ball (far better than Hepetema who offers nothing with his passing game, although he has potential to offload well if we could ever get runners off him like Ollie Lawrence).

Hope we see more a hell of a lot more direction next game.

Exilepaul 13 September, 2020 17:34
Look I get some people dont like going in on people on this message board but even them people cant defend this anymore we are a laughing stock

franciscorrigan 13 September, 2020 17:38
quote from Luther Burrell:

I want to come back to union. I'm so hungry. I'll go on to the open market and hopefully someone will be fishing for a centre - 12 or 13," he said.

"Just give me the call and I'll be there tomorrow morning. My boots are already in the car. I've not forgotten how to play union in the space of a year.

"I'm in better shape now, but if I have to go and prove myself somewhere on a trial for a couple of weeks, then I'm prepared to do that."

Somebody give me his phone number please(Sm63)

Nick4219 13 September, 2020 17:45
On a positive note, we canít get much worse!

Exilepaul 13 September, 2020 17:49
Quote:
Nick4219

We've got Exeter away next...

Nick4219 13 September, 2020 18:02
Quote:
Exilepaul
Quote:
Nick4219

We've got Exeter away next...

Yes, but they are the Champions in waiting so no great surprises if we get nothing there.

Thought we could have against Wuss. A very bad day on the pitch which is unfortunate when we have seen glimmers of hope in previous games.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/09/2020 18:07 by Nick4219.

grumpy1960 13 September, 2020 18:23
Quote:
Exilepaul
Had a quick glance at the Worcester message board bloody hell you'd think they were Exeter and not sitting below us and won 1 game from their last 12 games I really don't know where some people get that sort of arrogance from..

Got it right didnít they Exilepaul ?

Another dismal shambles , oh I forgot a 4 Try bonus point well big deal when will Mr Kidney and Mr Kiss start earning the wages ?

Exilepaul 13 September, 2020 19:12
Quote:
grumpy1960
Quote:
Exilepaul
Had a quick glance at the Worcester message board bloody hell you'd think they were Exeter and not sitting below us and won 1 game from their last 12 games I really don't know where some people get that sort of arrogance from..

Got it right didnít they Exilepaul ?

Another dismal shambles , oh I forgot a 4 Try bonus point well big deal when will Mr Kidney and Mr Kiss start earning the wages ?

Yeah such a sad state of affairs when a side like Worcester put 40 on you

Blarney 13 September, 2020 19:29
I've supported Irish long enough to take the rough with the smooth and the importance of finding positives in defeat, lest ye go mad!

That was pretty abject though. I thought we were really showing some fight and cussedness in the first half. Then, once they scored their second after half time, we just seemed to give up. Injuries aren't helping at all, but we seem to have become far too used to losing. Conceding so many points in the last quarter of matches indicates a lack of willingness to fight to the end - which is poor for a team of professionals.

I did find some positives though: Nott continues to improve and our defense in the first half was good.

Jamo 13 September, 2020 19:33
Shambolic today. Donít really know where to start with this. Such a shame, but there you go.

Gazzle 13 September, 2020 19:37
Quote:
Blarney
I've supported Irish long enough to take the rough with the smooth and the importance of finding positives in defeat, lest ye go mad!
That was pretty abject though. I thought we were really showing some fight and cussedness in the first half. Then, once they scored their second after half time, we just seemed to give up. Injuries aren't helping at all, but we seem to have become far too used to losing. Conceding so many points in the last quarter of matches indicates a lack of willingness to fight to the end - which is poor for a team of professionals.

I did find some positives though: Nott continues to improve and our defense in the first half was good.

We did manage 3 tries in the last quarter to earn a try bonus point so hard, at the very least, to say we lacked willingness to fight to the end. The guys who came on, Munga, Donnell and WGC gave us a bit of impetus I thought.

Blarney 13 September, 2020 20:18
That is true - I'll give credit for getting the BP. I just wish that if we are going to lose, we don't keep conceding 2 or 3 late tries that make the scoreboard such bad reading. Averaged over the last 5 years or so of premiership rugby, we must have the worst points difference of any team.

PV 14 September, 2020 05:42
The defending on Lawrence was schoolboy. Once was bad, 3 times (assist and 2 tries). The discipline was bad again as well.

Iím at the stage now where I canít bear any more of it. K and K have to go.

franciscorrigan 14 September, 2020 13:06
You can't make a silk purse from a sow's ear and given the players we've lost and the players not fit and the lack of depth in the squad, I defy anyone to get any sort of result. You can't blame the coaches for the lack of discipline on the field, which has been a major Achilles' heel for us. It's also quite clear that several players lack experience and make basic errors. We are also somewhat lacking in bulk in some areas. Our first choice team when available and fit looks quite strong on paper. However, it's quite clear that we will still have weaknesses in certain positions. Quite how you tempt top quality players to the club without spending a fortune on them is beyond my comprehension. It's very easy to blame the coaches, but it's next season that will show us how good, or bad, they are.
Who would we replace them with? Good coaches aren't exactly ten a penny. (Sm63)

AlecW 14 September, 2020 13:42
I agree, Francis, but at the moment, I'm struggling to see any sort of purse, let alone a silk one. In fact the pig's ear is increasingly resembling a pig's @rse...!

(Sm128)

davidg 14 September, 2020 14:30
Fortunately neither the Times nor the Grauniad found space to publish a report on the game at the Stoop. It would only have further depressed me ..........

tatthecraic2 14 September, 2020 14:40
Quote:
davidg
Fortunately neither the Times nor the Grauniad found space to publish a report on the game at the Stoop. It would only have further depressed me ..........

I see that as such a bad sign,

when you don't see irish in reports or you don't see them mentioned in "Hot or Not" or "ups and downs" for the week it means we are SO below par SO consistently that we're not even worth mentioning... we're barely considered a rugby club anymore by press and oppo.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net