Latest news:

England players agree 25% pay cut for 12 months
Discussion started by Nick4219 , 12 September, 2020 13:28
England players agree 25% pay cut for 12 months
Nick4219 12 September, 2020 13:28
[www.bbc.co.uk]

Still will get £17k per game rather than £23k plus image rights.

Not bad considering some people may struggle to meet that in a year? Iím pretty sure most England players could afford to lose the England pay altogether for a year, particularly if they are getting big salaries with their clubs?

Saracens England players for example?

Could they not set an example of showing they play the game for their country and not the money?

Or do they deserve it just the same?

Discuss......

Re: England players agree 25% pay cut for 12 months
jimbo800 12 September, 2020 14:27
Defi Tory should have dropped down to around 5k a game for a year to ensure that others who donít earn big bucks can keep their jobs. Itís crazy that weíre supposed to think this 25% cut is a big deal. Anyone who is playing at England international standard is getting good money from their clubs. Rugby players are getting far more money now than their predecessors ever did who played with half the safety standards. There should have been a bigger cut, the idea that some of the people are more important than the other in the organisation is ridiculous. RFU are a shambles.

franciscorrigan 12 September, 2020 14:50
Unfortunately the idea of playing for the shirt went out of the window with professionalism. The players will feel they have done their bit by taking the cut and that stance is probably justified. In terms of the overall expenditure of the RFU I'm not sure it makes much difference. I expect they will see the waste in the RFU and wonder why cuts are in some areas and not others. I think it should be all those RFU hangers on with the big expenses budgets and who provide little, but are a big drain on finances, that should be cut. Same old story, that will also be played out in many other industries, the pointless upper echelons will continue to be feather bedded, while the genuinely essential get cut. Too many chiefs and not enough indians(Sm63)

SixNineOne 12 September, 2020 16:56
Quote:
franciscorrigan
Unfortunately the idea of playing for the shirt went out of the window with professionalism. The players will feel they have done their bit by taking the cut and that stance is probably justified. In terms of the overall expenditure of the RFU I'm not sure it makes much difference. I expect they will see the waste in the RFU and wonder why cuts are in some areas and not others. I think it should be all those RFU hangers on with the big expenses budgets and who provide little, but are a big drain on finances, that should be cut. Same old story, that will also be played out in many other industries, the pointless upper echelons will continue to be feather bedded, while the genuinely essential get cut. Too many chiefs and not enough indians(Sm63)
Sounds to me that the RFU needs to hire some seriously expensive management consultants to tell them what they should already know!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net