Latest news:

Over paied Water boys!
Discussion started by Luton Irish , 13 September, 2020 20:21
Over paied Water boys!
Luton Irish 13 September, 2020 20:21
Why are Brad Davis and Declan Danaher Water Boys? Shouldnt the coaches be up in the stands observing from a high .

The Cayman Islands must wonder what they are paying to sponsor and you can't blaim them if they asked for a refund

Re: Over paied Water boys!
GHA 13 September, 2020 20:28
Welcome back to the sub Luton, haven't seen you in ages!

paddym 13 September, 2020 22:16
Quote:
Luton Irish
Why are Brad Davis and Declan Danaher Water Boys? Shouldnt the coaches be up in the stands observing from a high .
The Cayman Islands must wonder what they are paying to sponsor and you can't blaim them if they asked for a refund

What is Dec Ds role these days other than water boy?

Luton Irish 14 September, 2020 18:09
It's not Defence coach! Time the last off the 3 Amigos leaves, The stats speak for themselves

paddym 14 September, 2020 18:17
Quote:
Luton Irish
It's not Defence coach! Time the last off the 3 Amigos leaves, The stats speak for themselves

Brad Davis is defence coach supposedly so where does that leave Dec?! Albeit defence coach at the moment is akin to a turnstile operator.

jimbo800 14 September, 2020 21:34
Heís a hangover and hanger on from the previous administration. I was told by a ex player that he kept getting new deals at Irish when he was playing because he was very cheap to keep around, must still be the case. I donít say that out of spite towards him but he hasnít proved to be any use since coaching role was taken. Club are probably too worried about getting rid of the one club man. We lose the decent coaches and keep the bad ones.

Shawshank 14 September, 2020 22:03
Never really understood the flak that Dec gets.

At least he looks like he actually cares, which some coaches and players over the last few years have not always shown.

jimbo800 14 September, 2020 22:21
Quote:
Shawshank
Never really understood the flak that Dec gets.
At least he looks like he actually cares, which some coaches and players over the last few years have not always shown.

I care, Iíd be no help to the boys though.

Margin_Walker 14 September, 2020 22:45
Predictably nasty thread. Nice job lads.

Cracking bloke who'd run through walls for the club. Decent player too despite reports to the contrary. Did a great job with the academy and we were having our best season in years pre lockdown (until the Sale game anyway).

Truth is none of us know who is or who isn't pulling their weight from a coaching point of view. I expect they are all working incredibly long hours to the detriment of family life to turn this around.

Have we conceded a lot of points since lockdown? Sure, but look what he has to work with. In two of the games we fielded a team that wouldn't look out of place as a A League team. At the weekend we made 120 tackles in the 1st half and conceded one try. The floodgates only opened when we conceded a stupid yellow when we were on the attack.

Have a moan about the powers that be by all means, but it's probably worth starting nearer the top. Singling Danaher out all the time and making it personal is a bit weird IMHO

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/09/2020 22:58 by Margin_Walker.

franciscorrigan 14 September, 2020 22:57
Hear hear,
Dec was a great player in his time and the sort of club stalwart that every team needs around. I don't think there's anyone at Irish getting a free ride and I'm damn sure none of us have the faintest idea of exactly who does what. I can't believe it's pure sentiment that keeps him employed. if you look back through history Irish have been quite brutal at times relieving themselves of "dead wood". Some of you might even remember when a few players took Irish to court for breach of their contracts. Despite what some people think, I doubt Dec would be here if he was a passenger.(Sm63)

Jamo 15 September, 2020 13:42
Dec is a great club man and a warrior on the pitch. Why the animosity? I really donít get it.

jimbo800 15 September, 2020 13:51
I donít think there is animosity as such, but there with any club there will he questions about the club structure. There will be even more scrutiny given our results over the past few years. I think many fans including myself are looking for the club to take that step and have a set up that has a bit less Ďjobs for the boysí attitude and step up and make deceits based on results. Wasps made a bold call with Dai Young this season whoíd been with them years and whose son plays for them, look at them now.

I appreciate not all big calls work out, but Irish have been guilty for so long for lacking that professional edge. When I played mini rugby at Irish years ago, the running joke was that the mini was run like a professional outfit (we were probably the most successful youth set up in the south) and the pro team was run like the amateur side of the club. That inward attitude has held us back for so many years. It didnít start with Danaher and it wonít end with him, but a question has been raised and it can be discussed as he is part of a coaching set up that hasnít been successful....yet. We still donít get taken seriously by anyone, our best players leave and even the ones we bring in ultimately leave and go to other teams in the league.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net