Latest news:

Reasons to be cheerful
Discussion started by no17 , 14 September, 2020 16:15
Reasons to be cheerful
no17 14 September, 2020 16:15
In no particular order .. we are not going to be relegated this season, we are still above Leicester in the table, we are moving to Kew Bridge, we have a great bunch of academy lads coming through, Theo B-C finished a game apparently un-injured, George Nott has improved out of all recognition, one day we may get some of our big-name signings on the pitch for a few games, the club has not gone bust and ...... help me out here.

Re: Reasons to be cheerful
Nick4219 14 September, 2020 16:24
Quote:
no17
In no particular order .. we are not going to be relegated this season, we are still above Leicester in the table, we are moving to Kew Bridge, we have a great bunch of academy lads coming through, Theo B-C finished a game apparently un-injured, George Nott has improved out of all recognition, one day we may get some of our big-name signings on the pitch for a few games, the club has not gone bust and ...... help me out here.

Careful mate, you will be accused of being too positive and branded a superfan!

Hopefully a two week rest should sort some things out with the team

Re: Reasons to be cheerful
Exilepaul 14 September, 2020 17:00
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Re: Reasons to be cheerful
GHA 14 September, 2020 17:09
Quote:
Exilepaul
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Positive - yesterday's loss means our friend Paul won't be ranting and raving anymore as he doesn't have the energy it's just complete apathy, apparently

thumbs down

Re: Reasons to be cheerful
no17 14 September, 2020 17:28
I just got a bit fed up with all the miserabilists posting here. To quote the great Sergeant Oddball - Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves ? Yes, the last 10 years have been a bit average but I believe we are well set for the future. ( My new medication is working a treat. )

Re: Reasons to be cheerful
Despriarno 14 September, 2020 18:04
On the plus side...
There may not be a London Double header,
We are getting very good at squad rotation,
There is an up to 60% sales on LI replica kit in the online shop


And I have won my last 6 bets on London Irish matches

Re: Reasons to be cheerful
Exilepaul 14 September, 2020 18:58
Quote:
GHA
Quote:
Exilepaul
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Positive - yesterday's loss means our friend Paul won't be ranting and raving anymore as he doesn't have the energy it's just complete apathy, apparently

thumbs down

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Re: Reasons to be cheerful
franciscorrigan 14 September, 2020 18:59
I never bet on, or against, my own team, but that nice Mr. W Hill has paid for my season ticket with some astoundingly stupid handicaps on the other games since lockdown (Sm63)

Re: Reasons to be cheerful
shimmieandshake 14 September, 2020 20:09
Quote:
no17
In no particular order .. we are not going to be relegated this season, we are still above Leicester in the table, we are moving to Kew Bridge, we have a great bunch of academy lads coming through, Theo B-C finished a game apparently un-injured, George Nott has improved out of all recognition, one day we may get some of our big-name signings on the pitch for a few games, the club has not gone bust and ...... help me out here.

Donnell has firmly established himself in the first team. Cooke's been fantastic. Will Goodrick-Clarke continues to look at home. James Stokes has continued to play well (deserves a full-time contract, in my view). Phipps and Paddy demonstrating the sparks of a potentially stellar connection against Gloucs.

It's not all bad indeed. Don't get me wrong, there's been a decent chunk of rubbish recently, and it's been incredibly frustrating at times, but let's not be blinded to some of our performances before lockdown - the Wasps win, Quins, Northampton, Leicester. We're still that side, and can get back to it once the chaos of this season is over.

Need a lie down after such positivity.

Re: Reasons to be cheerful
mackemII 14 September, 2020 20:38
Quote:
Exilepaul
Quote:
GHA
Quote:
Exilepaul
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Positive - yesterday's loss means our friend Paul won't be ranting and raving anymore as he doesn't have the energy it's just complete apathy, apparently

thumbs down

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I thought all the primary schools went back last week? Shouldn't you be in bed?



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/09/2020 20:43 by mackemII.

Re: Reasons to be cheerful
PV 14 September, 2020 21:05
Cipriani having a shocker? Happens to the best of us...

Re: Reasons to be cheerful
baldstumpy 15 September, 2020 08:28
????

Re: Reasons to be cheerful
SixNineOne 15 September, 2020 08:45
We shouldnít forget that we are not the only team enjoying a worrying slump in form. Tigers and Worcester have had to rely on victories over us to try to maintain a modicum of self respect, and Saints have lost six of their last seven (and the win over us probably doesnít count in their minds...) We should also remember that Falcons wonít have had a ďpre-seasonĒ like us when the new season starts, so letís hope we get to play them early on! I hesitate to say that this rump end of the season doesnít matter, because I donít like the idea of a losing mindset, but it certainly doesnít matter as much as it might in more normal times.

Re: Reasons to be cheerful
SimonG19 15 September, 2020 12:29
Quote:
no17
...( My new medication is working a treat. )

Can you pass some of it to EP?

Re: Reasons to be cheerful
Exilepaul 15 September, 2020 12:46
Quote:
SimonG19
Quote:
no17
...( My new medication is working a treat. )

Can you pass some of it to EP?

I'm actually on medication for things out of my control Simon so I'd appreciate if you actually shut the hell up

Re: Reasons to be cheerful
GHA 15 September, 2020 14:18
Quote:
Exilepaul
Quote:
SimonG19
Quote:
no17
...( My new medication is working a treat. )

Can you pass some of it to EP?

I'm actually on medication for things out of my control Simon so I'd appreciate if you actually shut the hell up

Aren't we all?

Re: Reasons to be cheerful
Exilepaul 15 September, 2020 15:16
Quote:
GHA
Quote:
Exilepaul
Quote:
SimonG19
Quote:
no17
...( My new medication is working a treat. )

Can you pass some of it to EP?

I'm actually on medication for things out of my control Simon so I'd appreciate if you actually shut the hell up

Aren't we all?

Yeah because being addicted to painkillers for example is the same as being on medication to numb the pain of seeing a loved one you live with suffer isnt it.

Re: Reasons to be cheerful
GHA 15 September, 2020 17:26
Quote:
Exilepaul
Quote:
GHA
Quote:
Exilepaul
Quote:
SimonG19
Quote:
no17
...( My new medication is working a treat. )

Can you pass some of it to EP?

I'm actually on medication for things out of my control Simon so I'd appreciate if you actually shut the hell up

Aren't we all?

Yeah because being addicted to painkillers for example is the same as being on medication to numb the pain of seeing a loved one you live with suffer isnt it.

Maybe you should take a break from the Irish and the message board for a while then

Re: Reasons to be cheerful
Exilepaul 15 September, 2020 18:19
Quote:
GHA
Quote:
Exilepaul
Quote:
GHA
Quote:
Exilepaul
Quote:
SimonG19
Quote:
no17
...( My new medication is working a treat. )

Can you pass some of it to EP?

I'm actually on medication for things out of my control Simon so I'd appreciate if you actually shut the hell up

Aren't we all?

Yeah because being addicted to painkillers for example is the same as being on medication to numb the pain of seeing a loved one you live with suffer isnt it.

Maybe you should take a break from the Irish and the message board for a while then

Give up my one love and my one release during the week in probably the worst year in living memory? I get nothing but constant cheap jibes because I criticise our performances but I've seen other people say far worse but nothing ever gets said because it's not me, but it's ok too constantly go in on me on this I even see my name in threads I dont even talk in the hypocrisy stinks

Re: Reasons to be cheerful
GHA 15 September, 2020 18:30
You only joined the message board in January, remember?

Re: Reasons to be cheerful
no17 15 September, 2020 19:28
Sorry to be picky but I started this thread entitled, you may remember, reasons to be cheerful. If you are unhappy, I am sorry for that, Exilepaul. Just trying not to be miserable in these trying times for all sorts of reasons.

Re: Reasons to be cheerful
Exilepaul 15 September, 2020 19:32
Quote:
no17
Sorry to be picky but I started this thread entitled, you may remember, reasons to be cheerful. If you are unhappy, I am sorry for that, Exilepaul. Just trying not to be miserable in these trying times for all sorts of reasons.

Thanks mate it's usually the same people looking a reaction

Re: Reasons to be cheerful
SimonG19 15 September, 2020 21:37
Quote:
Exilepaul
Quote:
SimonG19
Quote:
no17
...( My new medication is working a treat. )

Can you pass some of it to EP?

I'm actually on medication for things out of my control Simon so I'd appreciate if you actually shut the hell up

So am I and I'm sure like me many others would love you to take your own advice.

Re: Reasons to be cheerful
Exilepaul 15 September, 2020 22:22
Quote:
SimonG19
Quote:
Exilepaul
Quote:
SimonG19
Quote:
no17
...( My new medication is working a treat. )

Can you pass some of it to EP?

I'm actually on medication for things out of my control Simon so I'd appreciate if you actually shut the hell up

So am I and I'm sure like me many others would love you to take your own advice.

Simon your a bullying troll

Re: Reasons to be cheerful
franciscorrigan 16 September, 2020 00:28
I thought this forum was for adults talking about rugby, specifically London Irish, or am I mistaken?(Sm63)

Re: Reasons to be cheerful
SteveS 16 September, 2020 02:05
The main positive is the new stadium, it could transform the club in time

I'll have to disagree about the blooding of young players, getting battered every week and instilling a losing mindset is a questionable way of integrating younger players into a team

But back to positives - it's indeed possible the signings particularly at lock could indeed plug the important gaping holes we've seen in the team over the past few weeks, and K&K did make us a midtable team for a while, something no LI coach has managed since, well, Toby Booth

Re: Reasons to be cheerful
SimonG19 16 September, 2020 12:24
Quote:
Exilepaul
Quote:
SimonG19
Quote:
Exilepaul
Quote:
SimonG19
Quote:
no17
...( My new medication is working a treat. )

Can you pass some of it to EP?

I'm actually on medication for things out of my control Simon so I'd appreciate if you actually shut the hell up

So am I and I'm sure like me many others would love you to take your own advice.

Simon your a bullying troll

And you are a pathetic individual.

No one knows the circumstances of other posters. I have a family member who is currently in just about the worst situation possible but I don't use that to emotionally blackmail others.

If you post unremitting negativity on a board you should expect others to comment. The fact that you then tell me to "shut the hell up" and then call me a bullying troll shows your total hypocrisy.

Re: Reasons to be cheerful
Gazzle 16 September, 2020 12:29
Quote:
SteveS
The main positive is the new stadium, it could transform the club in time
I'll have to disagree about the blooding of young players, getting battered every week and instilling a losing mindset is a questionable way of integrating younger players into a team

But back to positives - it's indeed possible the signings particularly at lock could indeed plug the important gaping holes we've seen in the team over the past few weeks, and K&K did make us a midtable team for a while, something no LI coach has managed since, well, Toby Booth

Wasn't an 18 year old Johnny Wilkinson part of an England side you got beat 50/60 nil away to Australia? Did him no harm. Contrast Matthew Tait whose development perhaps was harmed by being blooded too young. Benefits some but not others. K&K will find out sooner who can cut it.

Re: Reasons to be cheerful
GHA 16 September, 2020 12:44
Jonny went on the Tour of Hell when England lost 76-0 (amongst other results).

[news.bbc.co.uk]

For reference, the squad was as follows. Some big and many not-so-big names:

Tim Stimpson (Newcastle Falcons)
Matt Perry (Bath)
Nick Beal (Northampton Saints)
Josh Lewsey (Wasps)
Spencer Brown (Richmond)
Austin Healey (Leicester Tigers)
Tom Beim (Sale Sharks)
Matt Moore (Sale Sharks)
Paul Sampson (Wasps)
Stuart Potter (Leicester Tigers)
Dominic Chapman (Richmond)
Steve Ravenscroft (Saracens)
Jonny Wilkinson (Newcastle Falcons)
Alex King (Wasps)
Jos Baxendell (Sale Sharks)
Matt Dawson (Northampton Saints)
Scott Benton (Gloucester)
Peter Richards (London Irish)

Tony Diprose (Saracens)
Steve Ojomoh (Bath)
Richard Pool-Jones (Stade Francais Paris)
Ben Sturnham (Saracens)
Ben Clarke (Richmond)
Pat Sanderson (Sale Sharks)
Lewis Moody (Leicester Tigers)
Dave Sims (Gloucester)
Rob Fidler (Gloucester)
Garath Archer (Newcastle Falcons)
Danny Grewcock (Saracens)
Phil Vickery (Gloucester)
Will Green (Wasps)
Darren Crompton (Richmond)
Graham Rowntree (Leicester Tigers)
Duncan Bell (Sale Sharks)
Tony Windo (Gloucester)
Richard Cockerill (Leicester Tigers)
Phil Greening (Gloucester)
George Chuter (Saracens)

Re: Reasons to be cheerful
SteveS 16 September, 2020 12:47
Quote:
Gazzle
Quote:
SteveS
The main positive is the new stadium, it could transform the club in time
I'll have to disagree about the blooding of young players, getting battered every week and instilling a losing mindset is a questionable way of integrating younger players into a team

But back to positives - it's indeed possible the signings particularly at lock could indeed plug the important gaping holes we've seen in the team over the past few weeks, and K&K did make us a midtable team for a while, something no LI coach has managed since, well, Toby Booth

Wasn't an 18 year old Johnny Wilkinson part of an England side you got beat 50/60 nil away to Australia? Did him no harm. Contrast Matthew Tait whose development perhaps was harmed by being blooded too young. Benefits some but not others. K&K will find out sooner who can cut it.

A lot of players on that tour never played international rugby again though! Harm might be too strong a word but I'd query positives

Re: Reasons to be cheerful
GHA 16 September, 2020 12:58
Just to add, Wilkinson was 19 when he went on the tour and had already made 11 (8 starts, 3 as sub) league appearances for the Allied Dunbar Premiership winning Newcastle Falcons, playing 10 or centre at a time when Newcastle had Rob Andrew, Inga Tuigamala, John Leslie and Alan Tait as alternative options.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/09/2020 13:01 by GHA.

Re: Reasons to be cheerful
tatthecraic3 16 September, 2020 19:37
You're*


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net