Latest news:

Clermont v Racing
Discussion started by mackemII , 19 September, 2020 18:54
Clermont v Racing
mackemII 19 September, 2020 18:54
What a contrast from the 1st half of the previous game broadcast on BT Sport. What's also noticeable is the absence of BT commentators saying "Apologies for any bad language you may have heard through the referee's microphone" unless of course you're fluent in French. Then again, Finn Russell's still on the pitch! I also hope that Roman Poite's cough is due to his exertions in that half and nothing more serious.

Re: Clermont v Racing
cjm. 19 September, 2020 19:03
Haven't heard any French players say 'sacre bleu' or 'merd' yet.

Finn Russell's passing is a joy compared to what we usually get.

But, yeah, a change from bish-bosh rugby all round.

HMRH 19 September, 2020 19:41
That first game was something though - hats of to Sarries. Cheats but thatís a great win

mackemII 19 September, 2020 19:59
Quote:
HMRH
That first game was something though - hats of to Sarries. Cheats but thatís a great win

Predictions for Racing v Sarries?

GHA 19 September, 2020 21:16
Quote:
HMRH

It made me realise that their 'punishment' has actually done them even more of a favour because they know they can rest the big guns for Europe and it won't affect them in the league. Might be obvious but I didn't think of it till today.

SixNineOne 19 September, 2020 22:26
Itíll be interesting to see Sarries approach to team selection in the final two rounds of the premiership, assuming the prevail against Racing next weekend. They play Worcester in round 21 who donít have much to play for other than cementing their position above us in the league, but their final round match against Bath could be crucial for Bathís chances of a top four place. I suspect there are several people on this message board who would be in a bit of a quandary in deciding who to back in that match!

cjm. 19 September, 2020 23:28
I will always want Sarries to lose no matter how good they are or were. Nothing to do with cheating just an irrational hatred. Maybe it's cause I used to have to visit that crappy Watford stadium.

Blarney 20 September, 2020 01:35
Sarries v Leinster was a great game. Sarries are probably my "second favourite" team and there was a certain pleasure in watching Leinster come apart once faced with a decent opposition rather than the glorified training runs they've had in the Pro 14 this season.

Gazzle 20 September, 2020 09:16
Quote:
cjm.
I will always want Sarries to lose no matter how good they are or were. Nothing to do with cheating just an irrational hatred. Maybe it's cause I used to have to visit that crappy Watford stadium.

Very much the same feeling here. I also have it with Wasps - must be from having to endure the 'wasps, Wasps, wasps' chant so many times.

franciscorrigan 20 September, 2020 13:17
Would normally want Sarries to lose but 3/1 was odds I had to take and another crafty tenner on Racing too.(Sm128)
Thanks again Mr W Hill.(Sm63)

franciscorrigan 20 September, 2020 14:31
Anyone fancy a Sarries v Exeter final? Would be well worth a watch(Sm63)

mackemII 20 September, 2020 17:11
Quote:
franciscorrigan

I'm now thinking a Sarries v Toulouse final could be on the cards but venue has not yet been announced.

mackemII 26 September, 2020 15:01
Quote:
mackemII
Quote:
franciscorrigan

I'm now thinking a Sarries v Toulouse final could be on the cards but venue has not yet been announced.

I'm now thinking Racing v Toulouse final. Will probably have to revise that in a couple of hours.

mackemII 26 September, 2020 17:16
Quote:
mackemII
Quote:
mackemII
Quote:
franciscorrigan

I'm now thinking Racing v Toulouse final. Will probably have to revise that in a couple of hours.

I'm now thinking I'm not very good at predictions. Just as well I'm not a betting man. Should be a cracking final. Oh, there i go again with a prediction!

franciscorrigan 26 September, 2020 17:48
Lost on Saracens but won it back on Exeter.
Definitely a good battle coming in the final(Sm63)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net