Latest news:

Team's up
Discussion started by RodB , 29 September, 2020 12:55
Team's up
RodB 29 September, 2020 12:55
[www.london-irish.com]
Mixing n matching to cover the Bristol game too, or weve got a few more injuries.

Chiefs more than one eye on playoffs and Europe but still strong enough to give us a long afternoon
[www.exeterchiefs.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/09/2020 12:58 by RodB.

Re: Team's up
tatthecraic2 29 September, 2020 13:53
Jeez. I know I'm pessimistic, but...

I feel that is a team that is going to get absolutely rolled by Exeter...

M51 29 September, 2020 15:37
I am quiety hopeful we can give this a go, lets hope there is solid game plan that Irish can execute. Go at them early and see if we can get a few points on the board.
COYI

Exile_Dave 29 September, 2020 15:52
Letís hope Phil Cokanasiga can catch the ball this time. Butter Fingers. Other then that, great team!! Good luck lads!!

ExiledChameleon 29 September, 2020 16:40
Exeter putting out the the most bin juice side I've ever seen in the Prem. If we can't beat that then it's crisis meeting time.

grumpy1960 29 September, 2020 19:56
Quote:
ExiledChameleon
Exeter putting out the the most bin juice side I've ever seen in the Prem. If we can't beat that then it's crisis meeting time.

What the ###k have you been smoking , we are going to our @#$%& kicked . Towel will be thrown in by 1st quarter . Get real and stop wear those green tinted glasses 🤓

Bazzo 29 September, 2020 20:04
That is our best available team (according to DK) against their 2nd/3rd team.

tatthecraic3 29 September, 2020 20:26
Quote:
grumpy1960
Quote:
ExiledChameleon

What the ###k have you been smoking , we are going to our @#$%& kicked . Towel will be thrown in by 1st quarter . Get real and stop wear those green tinted glasses 🤓

Without the drama, I have to agree

Worcester yes WORCESTER put 40. That's a four and a zero put together. On us.

Do not expect anything here but a humping.

NickK 29 September, 2020 20:53
Quote:
tatthecraic3
Quote:
grumpy1960
Quote:
ExiledChameleon

OK then, optimists and real...., I mean pessimists unite. Let's have a sweep on the score line people! .
For arguments sake, Irish to nip it 20-18.
COYI

Despriarno 29 September, 2020 21:00
The bookie says Exeter by 7

SixNineOne 29 September, 2020 22:47
Donít forget that if we are to win the match (a pretty heroic assumption, I know) we will need to be leading by more than 7 points at the 80 minute mark. If we are leading by a smaller margin the combination of the good Mr Ian Tempestís dodgy decisions and our own ineptitude will ensure that the final whistle Is not blown until Exeter have scored a converted try.

Shawshank 29 September, 2020 23:32
On paper we should be a match for them, but all Ex players are so well coached, conditioned and motivated itís difficult not see yet another humping...

franciscorrigan 30 September, 2020 00:39
If we get two bonus point wins and Glos lose to Saints, we finish eighth! (Sm128)
Yes doctor. I'll keep taking the tablets (Sm63)

franciscorrigan 30 September, 2020 00:44
Bookies say Exeter by 7. They have been rubbish with the handicaps since the restart and it's been free gift cash on most games. I never bet on, or against, my own team but if I did, I'd be thinking Exeter should cover that spread. Let's hope for a solid performance at least and maybe a miracle.(Sm63)

ExiledChameleon 30 September, 2020 02:51
Quote:
grumpy1960
Quote:
ExiledChameleon

That's their 2nd/3rd choice and near enough our first choice. Anything less than a win should result in sackings.

HMRH 30 September, 2020 07:10
First choice? Maybe from the fit and available but thatís nowhere near our first choice XV.

SixNineOne 30 September, 2020 07:30
I think Declan talked about putting out our best available team, rather than suggesting it would be our first choice team.

PV 30 September, 2020 09:41
Itís clearly not our first choice. That Exeter back five would grace most first teams. I rate Hendrickson.

Shawshank 30 September, 2020 14:34
Agreed PV, heís the sort of hard running back that Exeter produce/develop at will, like Sam Hill, Olly Woodburn, OíFlaherty etc.

Bazzo 30 September, 2020 16:34
Quote:
SixNineOne
I think Declan talked about putting out our best available team, rather than suggesting it would be our first choice team.

Agreed, our very best available team against...... not their best team who are fighting on a few fronts. Bar Terence that is probably our best back line.

I expect us to win by 10.

Gazzle 30 September, 2020 16:48
With all the stuff going on, win, lose or draw I feel happy just being able to watch my team.

SixNineOne 30 September, 2020 16:52
Quote:
Shawshank
Agreed PV, heís the sort of hard running back that Exeter produce/develop at will, like Sam Hill, Olly Woodburn, OíFlaherty etc.
I also like the look of Hendrickson, but I suspect itís a bit easier to look good when youíve got a Chiefs pack in front of you and are part of a very well drilled back line!

NickK 30 September, 2020 20:17
Quote:
NickK
Quote:
tatthecraic3
Quote:
grumpy1960
Quote:
ExiledChameleon

OK then, optimists and real...., I mean pessimists unite. Let's have a sweep on the score line people! .
For arguments sake, Irish to nip it 20-18.
COYI

OK, so I was close, great result guys!, COYI

M51 30 September, 2020 20:56
I thought Mr Tempest had a better game, well done Sir.

SixNineOne 30 September, 2020 22:10
I agree that Tempest ad a better game and thatís not because he pinged Exeter more than us. I still feel, however, that he lacks authority and therefore doesnít command as much respect from the players. I canít complain about the result though, despite our best endeavours to concede a try in the closing minute and the numerous opportunities we seemed to butcher in their 22.

M51 30 September, 2020 22:32
Mr Tempests previous history with our team is less than perfect and rightly or wrongly i expected the worst. So to give him credit he made a decent fist of it . For myself though; my blood pressure was going through the roof with the rollercoaster performance of the team. COYI

GHA 01 October, 2020 06:53
If I was an Exeter fan I wouldn't be overly impressed with the officials

SixNineOne 01 October, 2020 07:38
Exeter fans still have (probably) three more Premiership matches and one Heineken Cup final to enjoy, so I hope they can console themselves that they got the poor officiating out of the way when their second/third string team were playing a dead rubber. Hopefully theyíll be back in the saddle for the semis and the two finals - Iíd love to see them pull off the double, particularly if they happened to give Bath a drubbing en route...

Tom1215 01 October, 2020 08:34
With Ian Tempest it was nice to see irish on the front foot at the start and not be the team giving away silly penalties in the first 10 mins which can always influence the ref.

SimonG19 01 October, 2020 12:57
Quote:
grumpy1960
Quote:
ExiledChameleon

So how do you think it went?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net