Latest news:

Last game of the season, home to Bristol.
Discussion started by mackemII , 30 September, 2020 21:09
Last game of the season, home to Bristol.
mackemII 30 September, 2020 21:09
Anyone remember the last time we played Bristol at home as last game of the season? It was the first game that Nick4219 and I attended as LI supporters and the result that relegated Bristol. I wonder if we can spoil their play-off hopes. We did it to Sale at Edgeley Park at a last away game of the season too.

Re: Last game of the season, home to Bristol.
SixNineOne 30 September, 2020 22:11
Give us a hint - what year was it?!

mackemII 30 September, 2020 22:30
Quote:
SixNineOne
Give us a hint - what year was it?!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/09/2020 22:33 by mackemII.

Yeoman 01 October, 2020 14:47
My recollections of that match include -
Bristol taking an early lead
A lady from Bristol in tears after the game ( I hope she's still a supporter and enjoying Bristol's
current success)
Eek offering rides round the stadium on the back of his motorcycle

KingoftheHill 01 October, 2020 14:47
As a Bristol supporter that game is etched in my memory

Sunburyite 01 October, 2020 16:02
I seem to recollect that we might also have gone down if we'd lost that match and other results had gone badly for us. I also remember the Bristol fans. Thy were pretty gracious all things considered.

SixNineOne 01 October, 2020 16:39
It has the potential to be an interesting game. We will have negligible home advantage, Bristol will be going all out to secure a play off spot and I don't know how many of our frontline players will be in Declan's "best available" team, given the four day turnaround. However, I suspect our guys will be pretty buoyed up by the result at Sandy Park and whilst our attack still looks totally inept, at least we seem to be muscling up a bit and eliminating some of the silly penalties and headless chicken moments. Bristol may well play their "attack from anywhere" game, so if we can stifle that like we did at Ashton Gate, we might stand a chance. But then again...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net